The dreaded DAoC forums ;)

Would you like the DAOC forums setup this way?

• Total voters

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Deebs said:
This is your chance to shape the forums around DAOC.

Come up with alternatives etc. Discuss.

As for non DAOC peeps having the right to vote, I can see who voted as can you.
People who do not use the DAoC forums and more importantly hate the DAoC forums should not be in any position to vote on this. I suggest that this thread is moved to DAoC general.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
If you click on "View Results" you can see everyone who has voted. Anyone making a decision will be clever enough to see that too. Please remember that you're sharing a forum here - if you were a mod, would you prefer to look in one place for forum suggestions? Or have to check around each individual faction on a daily basis just in case someone has had an idea?

Cyfr

Banned
Loxleyhood said:
People who do not use the DAoC forums and more importantly hate the DAoC forums should not be in any position to vote on this. I suggest that this thread is moved to DAoC general.
Just fyi, more general people have voted no then yes.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Shovel said:
If you click on "View Results" you can see everyone who has voted. Anyone making a decision will be clever enough to see that too. Please remember that you're sharing a forum here - if you were a mod, would you prefer to look in one place for forum suggestions? Or have to check around each individual faction on a daily basis just in case someone has had an idea?
I know you can view results. Doesn't change anything though.

Belsameth

Tainted
I find it rather amusing to see that this proposed change gets posted in the general forums, a place with a long legacy of hating the DAoC part, instead of in the DAoC forums themselves.

on the matter of the change, I voted against it even tho that's not entirely true either. a better option would be to keep them as they are, but split the trade forums into realm specific forums (see BW)

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Belsameth said:
I find it rather amusing to see that this proposed change gets posted in the general forums, a place with a long legacy of hating the DAoC part, instead of in the DAoC forums themselves

Your mistake is to assume the general forums are an entity, we're not, there even some "daoc"ers who post there regularly. The general forum is for general posting. The feedback thread is nestled here because its general feedback. And this is the place for such threads as this. DAOC general isnt the place for it as it isnt a feedback forum, this is.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Aoami said:
I would laugh, but that was funny in no way, shape, or form.

Cock.
Oooh!

'Ark to 'er would ya?

FS get a life/sense of humour etc.

Thx.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Sar said:
Oooh!

'Ark to 'er would ya?

FS get a life/sense of humour etc.

Thx.

why not find a thread to post on that actually concerns you.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
k9awya said:

The layout and setup of fh does concern all of us. Daoc is not a forum. Its a sub form of Freddyshouse. Therefore changes to any part of it affects us all. The abuse of the forums by some and i mean some of the users who seem to be people who post in the daoc sub forums has affected features of use to us all.

So we should be concerned with changes to the daoc subforum that might help curb this abuse by a minority.

Sar

Part of the furniture
k9awya said:
You too.

Thx, thx.

PS: Now I know why I stopped playing this - the player base have no sense of humour at all.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
to even imagine you being funny sar would be absurd, i beg that you dont blame this on others sense of humour

Randombastard how EXACTLY does removing the exc and prydwen specific OT forums affect you? And do you realise having the two merge in the overall daoc OT will cause many problems?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Folks - please cut the flames and jibes and continue the discussion properly. K9 - how about rather than just stating 'merging pryd and excal OT will cause problems' you explain what problems you feel it may cause?

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
k9awya said:
to even imagine you being funny sar would be absurd, i beg that you dont blame this on others sense of humour

Randombastard how EXACTLY does removing the exc and prydwen specific OT forums affect you? And do you realise having the two merge in the overall daoc OT will cause many problems?

I believe the idea behind it is to remove the places most spammed and hence allow the daoc community to regulate itself as for affecting us, the excess traffic caused by spam affects us all.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Who the hell are you anyway k90210iluvaol!awya?

*shrugs*

:)

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
jupitus, oil and water
we dont mix

same as if we all used the general forum suddenly we would also be unwelcome, we are mini communities and maybe the exc one doesnt fucntion so well but none of us want to post on a broader OT, and the other daoc OT posters dont want us posting with them either.

in turn we forsee many bans (yes i know this is GREAT in your opinion) but this isnt needed.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Sar said:
Who the hell are you anyway k90210iluvaol!awya?

*shrugs*

:)

HOW OBIVOUS IS IT THAT I AM SOMEONE WHO POSTS ON EXCAL OT?

anything else you need to know?

Sar

Part of the furniture
k9awya said:
HOW OBIVOUS IS IT THAT I AM SOMEONE WHO POSTS ON EXCAL OT?

anything else you need to know?
Not the question asked.

And if that's the only way you define yourself, you need help bwoi.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
i could define myself in many ways, i need not to answer to you but if you wish to know something i welcome your curiosity.

use pm if you would have me tell you more, if not please post something useful to this thread..

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
If you are unhappy with the way Freddyhouse is managed the daoc community could always set up there own forum. Freddyshouse provides you with a home for your community out of kindness not right, hatred, or because we have to.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This thread is for discussion about the layout of the DAOC forums, as per the original post. Please keep it to that subject and save me the hassle of cutting out unwanted crap people.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
RandomBastard said:
If you are unhappy with the way Freddyhouse is managed the daoc community could always set up there own forum. Freddyshouse provides you with a home for your community out of kindness not right, hatred, or because we have to.

i wont hide the fact that its easier to post here than set up my own, moving a whole playerbase with me would take quite something

hopefully soon an established bw community will move here once the old is gone, even more people from exc ot should appear, and i hope they have their ot forum to post on

of course i think its good that fh have done what they are doing, i even paid the subs on mine and my brothers accounts.. but this thread shows that people are allowed input and feedback, mine being jupitus is a little over the top at times and that we want/need the server specific off topic forums.. its really the easiest way for it to work

if exc ot is deemed bad a joint forum would be 10x worse

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Well at least your now disscussing it which is what we want. If you want to keep them you need to propose this to dbs/ttd in a sensible manner and persuade your fellow com,munity members to vote in your favour.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
i dont need to persuade them really, almost all of excal ot feels the same bar one or two.. and we are not a full community yet, we await delivery of the last men standing at bw
its not secret everyone is against daoc'ers and excOT in particular :)

how would the general posters here like to be merged with us? im sure the thought of that even gives the mods bad dreams, thats how most people feel in the ot forums, prydwen are roleplayng noobs and excals are elites who type with numbers.

but to close an active forum like that is madness, and we have together tried to make things better, jupitus constantly whined about irc'ing on the forum, so we now reside in a new irc channel

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Loxleyhood said:

Won't happen. This IS THE feedback forum for the whole board. Get used to reading it.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
k9awya said:
i dont need to persuade them really, almost all of excal ot feels the same bar one or two.. and we are not a full community yet, we await delivery of the last men standing at bw
its not secret everyone is against daoc'ers and excOT in particular :)

how would the general posters here like to be merged with us? im sure the thought of that even gives the mods bad dreams, thats how most people feel in the ot forums, prydwen are roleplayng noobs and excals are elites who type with numbers.

but to close an active forum like that is madness, and we have together tried to make things better, jupitus constantly whined about irc'ing on the forum, so we now reside in a new irc channel

Please please understand this. Noone is removing ANYTHING in the DAOC forums. Someone posted a proposal. I only added a poll. It does NOT mean if 4000 people say yes I do it. I am merely after EVERYONE's viewpoint.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Deebs said:
Please please understand this. Noone is removing ANYTHING in the DAOC forums. Someone posted a proposal. I only added a poll. It does NOT mean if 4000 people say yes I do it. I am merely after EVERYONE's viewpoint.

i understand, i am merely stating my case in forsight of this proposal proving true

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Wow. went to work and it snowballed ;)

Were to start.........
Quotes first :)

L_Plates said:
Fuckin daoc think they own the place. *nasty words here*
Last i checked, you don't either ;) Maybe i could say.....

L_Plates said:
Fuckin General think they own the place. *nasty words here*
Sar said:
I've got a proposed layout for the DAoC Forums:

Daoc.
.....Spam Spam.
...snip
Made me laugh :D And yes i play DAoC

Belsameth said:
I find it rather amusing to see that this proposed change gets posted in the general forums, a place with a long legacy of hating the DAoC part, instead of in the DAoC forums themselves.

on the matter of the change, I voted against it even tho that's not entirely true either. a better option would be to keep them as they are, but split the trade forums into realm specific forums (see BW)
This is a feedback forums for ALL of Freddyshouse. This IS the correct place for it.

Ok quotes over. Now some rambeling

Back in the day when GoA closed the DAoC officail forums. Barrysworld as a kind gesture offered all the peeps a new home. Step up www.barrysworld.com.
Back then mistakes were made i think, In my own opinion, The DAoC community was given a home away from the general population (read solitery confinment) It was a comunity within a comunity. If you will. Them and Us. After a while this became the norm. Things changed, Some peeps moved to posting in general, But the "them" and "us" stigma still held true.
Game is now closing down its multiplayer section and with it goes Barrysworld.

Fresh start and steps up Freddyshouse. \o/ And i truely think thats the key. Its a fresh start. This shouldn't be made into a "them" and "us" Poeple from "eot" should feel they can without repicusions post in any forum on freddyshouse, Yes including general.. The reason for posting the proposal was to remove some of the bounderys built up at BW. "pOT" them and "eOT" us being 1. and ofc the fabled "DAoC" them and "general" us. The thing is, There is no "them" and "us", Its just US. The owners of FH were kind enougth to offer us ALL a new home, And i believe a fresh start should be used to remove some of the walls built up at bw in the first place.

Disclaimer. Yes it is spelt wrong

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Wat the hell has ot ever done to any of u .. ? or any of the daoc ppl for dat matter :<

Belsameth

Tainted
k9awya said:
jupitus, oil and water
we dont mix

same as if we all used the general forum suddenly we would also be unwelcome, we are mini communities and maybe the exc one doesnt fucntion so well but none of us want to post on a broader OT, and the other daoc OT posters dont want us posting with them either.

in turn we forsee many bans (yes i know this is GREAT in your opinion) but this isnt needed.

I can only agree with this.
there's a cease fire between the regular OT and eOT, combining the 2 would be like throwing a match in a can of gasoline (similar to combining DAoC with general) and I doubt anybody really wants that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom