The dreaded DAoC forums ;)

Would you like the DAOC forums setup this way?


  • Total voters
    360

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
543
DAoC forums. Proposed format change while fh still in early stages.

Daoc.
........General.
........Newbie.
........Tech.
........creative.
........Off-Topic.
........Pryd.
.............Albion.
.....................Trading.
..............Midgard.
.......................Trading
..............Hibernia.
........................Trading.
..............Cafting.
..............RvR.
..............Batllegrounds.
........Excal.
..............Albion.
.....................Trading.
..............Midgard.
........................Trading
..............Hibernia.
........................Trading.
..............Cafting.
..............RvR.
..............Batllegrounds.
........Camlann.
..................General.
............................Trading.

edit: Sry about all the dots. Lost my formating in post and was quickest way to fix. Hope it makes sense ;)

The changes mentioned here include not only moving around the trading forums but also abolishing the seperate OT's.
 

Will

/bin/su
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Messages
5,259
You probably want to put code tages around that, since the whitespace just got eaten.
 

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
543
Will said:
You probably want to put code tages around that, since the whitespace just got eaten.
I cheated and used dots :)
 

Will

/bin/su
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Messages
5,259
I could see the spaces in the floating preview thing, so I knew what had happened. You did cheat there though.
 

GReaper

Resident Freddy
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,973
This would be far more logical than the current setup. Might help increase trade too.
 

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
Moderator
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 11, 1997
Messages
9,075,265
Get people voting from the DAOC forums.
 

Mishy

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
194
looks better and more sensible...

but will the excal and prydwen subforums show under the Daoc main folder like they did on bw? (but in the new layout)
 

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,228
What? No realm and server specific off-topic forums? I say thee nay!
 

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
Moderator
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
2,475
Deebs - any chance we can get a mock up done and screenie posted?
 

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,824
Loxleyhood said:
What? No realm and server specific off-topic forums? I say thee nay!
Well look on the bright side - we'd only have one forum to read instead of three! Us DAoC-ers aer teh thickkeh y'know.
 

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,173
Loxleyhood said:
What? No realm and server specific off-topic forums? I say thee nay!
Actually it seems quite the sensible idea considering the amount of shite and spam that get posted in those particular sub-forums.
 

Sar

Resident Freddy
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,140
I've got a proposed layout for the DAoC Forums:

Daoc.
.....Spam Spam.
........General Spam.
........Newbie Spam.
........Tech Spam.
........creative Spam.
........Off-Topic Spam.
........Pryd Spam.
.............Albion Spam.
.....................Trading Spam.
..............Midgard Spam.
.......................Trading Spam
..............Hibernia Spam.
........................Trading Spam.
..............Cafting Spam.
..............RvR Spam.
..............Batllegrounds Spam.
........Excal Spam.
..............Albion Spam.
.....................Trading Spam.
..............Midgard Spam.
........................Trading Spam
..............Hibernia Spam.
........................Trading Spam.
..............Cafting Spam.
..............RvR Spam.
..............Batllegrounds Spam.
........Camlann Spam.
..................General Spam.
............................Trading Spam.

:D:clap:
 

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,228
Jonaldo said:
Actually it seems quite the sensible idea considering the amount of shite and spam that get posted in those particular sub-forums.
If you do not have realm forums then it will be a nightmare to organise events and discuss realm specific matters. I know you like to randomly attack anything I say but unless you have a point don't post.
 

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
Moderator
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
2,475
The layout has realm specific areas and then sub forums in each for trading, or are you referring to having no realm specific OT areas?
 

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
898
Jonaldo said:
Actually it seems quite the sensible idea considering the amount of shite and spam that get posted in those particular sub-forums.
That was precisely the reason the seperate server OTs were created, so that the main Off topic forum did what it was supposed to do.

Though that was the old BW way of thinking, working around the spam. Now it seems to just be ban the spammers ;) So I suppose it wouldnt be a problem anymore, still it would take a bit of getting used to, so I've voted no.
 

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
Moderator
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
2,475
BlitheringIdiot said:
Though that was the old BW way of thinking, working around the spam. Now it seems to just be ban the spammers ;)
... I prefer to think of it as a 're-education in the use of IRC' ;)
 

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,416
thats the reasons forums exist jupitus, so people can check it now and then without having to follow a full speed irc chat.

however you believe a post every few minutes is too much.

dont mix us with the prydwens please, im sure they dont want us anyway.
 

Shovel

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,350
k9awya said:
dont mix us with the prydwens please, im sure they dont want us anyway.
Wonderful, a mmog has created a virtual life so advanced they've developed racial hatred.
 

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
3,056
k9awya said:
thats the reasons forums exist jupitus, so people can check it now and then without having to follow a full speed irc chat.

however you believe a post every few minutes is too much.

dont mix us with the prydwens please, im sure they dont want us anyway.
I'm actually agreeing with k9.

I also feel that this vote is biased as people who do not even post in the DAoC forums, let alone the actual OT forums which are going to be most effected are still allowed to vote.
 

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
898
Shovel said:
Wonderful, a mmog has created a virtual life so advanced they've developed racial hatred.
No different from the hate the general lot have for the DAoC community. Anyway, this is besides the point. If you are going to just take a jab at us every chance you can then please do it in another thread (that goes for all of you lot! :p).

I can understand wanting to remove the seperate off topic sections, but Im curious as to the logic behind removing seperate server general forums.
 

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
9,151
Sar said:
I've got a proposed layout for the DAoC Forums:

Daoc.
.....Spam Spam.
........General Spam.
........Newbie Spam.
........Tech Spam.
........creative Spam.
........Off-Topic Spam.
........Pryd Spam.
.............Albion Spam.
.....................Trading Spam.
..............Midgard Spam.
.......................Trading Spam
..............Hibernia Spam.
........................Trading Spam.
..............Cafting Spam.
..............RvR Spam.
..............Batllegrounds Spam.
........Excal Spam.
..............Albion Spam.
.....................Trading Spam.
..............Midgard Spam.
........................Trading Spam
..............Hibernia Spam.
........................Trading Spam.
..............Cafting Spam.
..............RvR Spam.
..............Batllegrounds Spam.
........Camlann Spam.
..................General Spam.
............................Trading Spam.

:D:clap:
I would laugh, but that was funny in no way, shape, or form.

Cock.
 

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
3,056
BlitheringIdiot said:
No different from the hate the general lot have for the DAoC community. Anyway, this is besides the point. If you are going to just take a jab at us every chance you can then please do it in another thread (that goes for all of you lot! :p).

I can understand wanting to remove the seperate off topic sections, but Im curious as to the logic behind removing seperate server general forums.
I can understand the logic in getting rid of Prydwen OT. Because that is simply full of crap and hardly anyone ever posts there now anyway.

But getting rid of a forum as active as Excal OT, no matter how much you dislike it, is just not right imo.
 

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
305
I voted 'NO'.

The forums are fine as they are.

The Excalibur off Topic forum has always been a place for 'discussion' of the baser kind, as well as spammage on a grand scale. However, with decent moderation spammage is controlable.

As for the type of discussions that take place in any forums, well that should be up to the users themselves. I believe that over-enthuisiastic modding on the part of Jupitus has inflamed the situation in the DAoC forums, where perhaps a more restrained and mature approach would have worked better.
 

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
Moderator
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 11, 1997
Messages
9,075,265
This is your chance to shape the forums around DAOC.

Come up with alternatives etc. Discuss.

As for non DAOC peeps having the right to vote, I can see who voted as can you.
 

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,416
well what is the exact problem with how it is atm?
 

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
163
The individual servers still need General forums really - as the rvr forum used is strictly for whines about zegs, stealthers, dragonfang, and alarm clock raids.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom