The dreaded DAoC forums ;)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Bob007, Jan 9, 2004.

Would you like the DAOC forums setup this way?

1. Yes please change them

60.8%
  2. No they rock as they are

39.2%
  1. pez

pez Can't get enough of FH

Anyone else think that this poll is rather leading? i mean one of the options is 'Change for the ''better'' ' what makes it a change for the better?

2. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Fixed :p

3. Damini

Damini Part of the furniture

I think you should edit the first post to make it apparent that the changes include not only moving around the trading forums but also abolishing the seperate OT's.

4. Bob007

Bob007 Prince Among Men

I only got edit button on last post, So i can't do that. Maybe Deebs would pop somit in, Somit like......

The changes mentioned here include not only moving around the trading forums but also abolishing the seperate OT's.

5. Loxleyhood

Loxleyhood Fledgling Freddie

Let's face it, this is the entire point of the thing, isn't it?

6. Arindra

Arindra Fledgling Freddie

It also abolishes the Server specific general-but-on-topic forums. Unless the heading 'Excal' is itself a forum as well as a grouping of other forums?

General-on-topic is normally where the server-wide non-rvr-whine issues go.

Put the general-on-topic forums back under each server, or reassure me that they are already there, and I'd vote for this.

Off topic forums I'm not remotely fussed about either way tbh.

7. Jpeg QuickStix

Jpeg QuickStix Fledgling Freddie

id like to see the forums layout same as bw for ease of use which we are all used to.

8. Deadnala

Deadnala Fledgling Freddie

well i like the results of the poll :D

9. Flimgoblin

Flimgoblin It's my birthday today!

I like the putting alb trade underneath the alb forum, etc.

not particularly bothered about the server off topics.

10. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

The original DAOC link posted was not really a good example in my opinion. Better would have been:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=1464

where Loxley gives us a thoughtful and provocative discussion regarding the forum titles, or perhaps:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=1521

where we have a sensible discussion taking place regarding people arguing in their newly created IRC channel, I summise.

Fact is Pez, alot of the guys in the general area will spam from time to time, but they don't manage to do it with the same day in day out consistency we see elsewhere. Don't worry, those doing it in the general areas get warned in the same way as anywhere else.

11. Loxleyhood

The first thread you quote was posted just after the titles changed, and yes, it turned into a thoughtful and provocative discussion. The second is what I consider a very important matter.

12. Jonaldo

Jonaldo Can't get enough of FH

Just read through it to find the thoughtful and provocative parts... only there were none.
    I would agree, except that it's actually being joked about in this thread, and when one person threatens to report people for being racist people just make fun of them.

13. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Sorry I only read page one for the purposes of this thread... perhaps you mean page 3?

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=1464&page=3&pp=15

Last page is interesting also:

Posted at 1:46pm, 16 minutes after I posted this:

You seem to have a very short memory.

14. 'Shy

'Shy One of Freddy's beloved

15. Shovel

Shovel Can't get enough of FH

Not that I'm usually one for stepping in the way of DAOC 'debates', can we please not do the "my forum is more childish than your forum" routine, please?

16. Loxleyhood

Hate to be a spoilsport Jupitus old boy, but there have been three new threads in the past three days in eOT, and many active threads we have are quite a few days old. If that's spamming with a day to day consistancy then you are even more biased than I first feared.

17. Jupitus

Apologies Shovel, I'll stop now :)

(Mind you, was worth it just for
    :D)

18. Loxleyhood

Jupitus you moron, tell me why when DAoC players post something along those lines it's a crime against nature while when a generalite does the same you wont even batter an eye lid?

19. Jupitus

I agree that things seem to have settled down a bit over the past few days, which is good. I am sure, however, you will understand that that is not truly reflective of how things were prior to that, which is what people will have based their opinions on (along with the behaviour exhibited previously on BW also, I would expect).

20. pez

pez Can't get enough of FH

They started it :p

21. Loxleyhood

It is true of past behaviour too. You do nothing but attack the DAoC forums Jupitus, I don't not know why.

You are sucking out all enjoyment of the forums.

22. Rubric

Rubric Part of the furniture

No hes sucking all the enjoyment out of the forums for you Lox & a few of your buddies. I'm sure not that many of the DAOC community really care what goes on in EOT they just avoid the place. Why should there be a forum for you and 5 or 6 others to post your conversation about nothing on?

23. 'Shy

'Shy One of Freddy's beloved

Why shouldn't there be? :p Seriously, just don't read it.

24. Loxleyhood

25. Loxleyhood

So that the other DAoC forums are on topic silly.

26. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Official Licensed Lump of Coalâ„¢ Distributor Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Why isn't that DAoC "General" forums though, cos I'm sorry but having read it a few times the contents between it & OT don't seem that bloody different they just tend to do what happens in the main General forum, start out on a subject & wander off into the distance

27. Rubric

Rubric Part of the furniture

So what your saying is if they remove EOT you'll just spam the same shit you've been told not to spam somewhere else?

Where you gonna post after your perma ban?

28. Arindra

Arindra Fledgling Freddie

Or people could just not spam either in eOT *or* in the on topic forums.

Personally I admit I'd never bothered with the off topic forums. But I'm not exactly sure why Excal and Pryd would need different ones?

The only things I can think of that are off topic for excal but not off topic for Pryd forums would be things-that-happen-on-Pryd. Which I imagine the Pryd on-topic forums are designed for?

/shrug.

I'm happy whatever happens to the Off topic forums.

But I'm still concerned that the new plan seems to drop the server specific on-topic general forums?