The dreaded DAoC forums ;)

Would you like the DAOC forums setup this way?


  • Total voters
    360

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,076
Anyone else think that this poll is rather leading? i mean one of the options is 'Change for the ''better'' ' what makes it a change for the better?
 

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
Moderator
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 11, 1997
Messages
9,074,881
pez said:
Anyone else think that this poll is rather leading? i mean one of the options is 'Change for the ''better'' ' what makes it a change for the better?
Fixed :p
 

Damini

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,234
I think you should edit the first post to make it apparent that the changes include not only moving around the trading forums but also abolishing the seperate OT's.
 

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
537
Damini said:
I think you should edit the first post to make it apparent that the changes include not only moving around the trading forums but also abolishing the seperate OT's.
I only got edit button on last post, So i can't do that. Maybe Deebs would pop somit in, Somit like......

The changes mentioned here include not only moving around the trading forums but also abolishing the seperate OT's.
 

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,228
Damini said:
I think you should edit the first post to make it apparent that the changes include not only moving around the trading forums but also abolishing the seperate OT's.
Let's face it, this is the entire point of the thing, isn't it?
 

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
163
It also abolishes the Server specific general-but-on-topic forums. Unless the heading 'Excal' is itself a forum as well as a grouping of other forums?

General-on-topic is normally where the server-wide non-rvr-whine issues go.

Put the general-on-topic forums back under each server, or reassure me that they are already there, and I'd vote for this.

Off topic forums I'm not remotely fussed about either way tbh.
 

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
8,324
I like the putting alb trade underneath the alb forum, etc.

not particularly bothered about the server off topics.
 

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
Moderator
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
2,240
pez said:
The original DAOC link posted was not really a good example in my opinion. Better would have been:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=1464

where Loxley gives us a thoughtful and provocative discussion regarding the forum titles, or perhaps:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=1521

where we have a sensible discussion taking place regarding people arguing in their newly created IRC channel, I summise.

Fact is Pez, alot of the guys in the general area will spam from time to time, but they don't manage to do it with the same day in day out consistency we see elsewhere. Don't worry, those doing it in the general areas get warned in the same way as anywhere else.
 

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,228
The first thread you quote was posted just after the titles changed, and yes, it turned into a thoughtful and provocative discussion. The second is what I consider a very important matter.
 

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,173
Loxleyhood said:
The first thread you quote was posted just after the titles changed, and yes, it turned into a thoughtful and provocative discussion.
Just read through it to find the thoughtful and provocative parts... only there were none.
Loxleyhood said:
The second is what I consider a very important matter.
I would agree, except that it's actually being joked about in this thread, and when one person threatens to report people for being racist people just make fun of them.
 

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
Moderator
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
2,240
Loxleyhood said:
The first thread you quote was posted just after the titles changed, and yes, it turned into a thoughtful and provocative discussion.
Sorry I only read page one for the purposes of this thread... perhaps you mean page 3?

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=1464&page=3&pp=15

Last page is interesting also:

Loxleyhood said:
Shock horror! Jupitus quotes this thread as an example of spam! He should drop in the general forums once in a while........
Posted at 1:46pm, 16 minutes after I posted this:

Jupitus said:
Fact is Pez, alot of the guys in the general area will spam from time to time, but they don't manage to do it with the same day in day out consistency we see elsewhere. Don't worry, those doing it in the general areas get warned in the same way as anywhere else.
You seem to have a very short memory.
 

Shovel

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,350
Not that I'm usually one for stepping in the way of DAOC 'debates', can we please not do the "my forum is more childish than your forum" routine, please?
 

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,228
Hate to be a spoilsport Jupitus old boy, but there have been three new threads in the past three days in eOT, and many active threads we have are quite a few days old. If that's spamming with a day to day consistancy then you are even more biased than I first feared.
 

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
Moderator
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
2,240
Shovel said:
Not that I'm usually one for stepping in the way of DAOC 'debates', can we please not do the "my forum is more childish than your forum" routine, please?
Apologies Shovel, I'll stop now :)

(Mind you, was worth it just for
Loxleyhood said:
it turned into a thoughtful and provocative discussion.
:D)
 

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,228
Jupitus you moron, tell me why when DAoC players post something along those lines it's a crime against nature while when a generalite does the same you wont even batter an eye lid?
 

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
Moderator
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
2,240
Loxleyhood said:
Hate to be a spoilsport Jupitus old boy, but there have been three new threads in the past three days in eOT, and many active threads we have are quite a few days old. If that's spamming with a day to day consistancy then you are even more biased than I first feared.
I agree that things seem to have settled down a bit over the past few days, which is good. I am sure, however, you will understand that that is not truly reflective of how things were prior to that, which is what people will have based their opinions on (along with the behaviour exhibited previously on BW also, I would expect).
 

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,076
Shovel said:
Not that I'm usually one for stepping in the way of DAOC 'debates', can we please not do the "my forum is more childish than your forum" routine, please?

They started it :p
 

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,228
Jupitus said:
I agree that things seem to have settled down a bit over the past few days, which is good. I am sure, however, you will understand that that is not truly reflective of how things were prior to that, which is what people will have based their opinions on (along with the behaviour exhibited previously on BW also, I would expect).
It is true of past behaviour too. You do nothing but attack the DAoC forums Jupitus, I don't not know why.

You are sucking out all enjoyment of the forums.
 

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,145
Loxleyhood said:
It is true of past behaviour too. You do nothing but attack the DAoC forums Jupitus, I don't not know why.

You are sucking out all enjoyment of the forums.
No hes sucking all the enjoyment out of the forums for you Lox & a few of your buddies. I'm sure not that many of the DAOC community really care what goes on in EOT they just avoid the place. Why should there be a forum for you and 5 or 6 others to post your conversation about nothing on?
 

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,824
Rubric said:
No hes sucking all the enjoyment out of the forums for you Lox & a few of your buddies. I'm sure not that many of the DAOC community really care what goes on in EOT they just avoid the place. Why should there be a forum for you and 5 or 6 others to post your conversation about nothing on?
Why shouldn't there be? :p Seriously, just don't read it.
 

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,228
Rubric said:
No hes sucking all the enjoyment out of the forums for you Lox & a few of your buddies. I'm sure not that many of the DAOC community really care what goes on in EOT they just avoid the place. Why should there be a forum for you and 5 or 6 others to post your conversation about nothing on?
So that the other DAoC forums are on topic silly.
 

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
Moderator
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
11,210
Why isn't that DAoC "General" forums though, cos I'm sorry but having read it a few times the contents between it & OT don't seem that bloody different they just tend to do what happens in the main General forum, start out on a subject & wander off into the distance
 

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,145
Loxleyhood said:
So that the other DAoC forums are on topic silly.
So what your saying is if they remove EOT you'll just spam the same shit you've been told not to spam somewhere else?

Where you gonna post after your perma ban?
 

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
163
So that the other DAoC forums are on topic silly.
Or people could just not spam either in eOT *or* in the on topic forums.

Personally I admit I'd never bothered with the off topic forums. But I'm not exactly sure why Excal and Pryd would need different ones?

The only things I can think of that are off topic for excal but not off topic for Pryd forums would be things-that-happen-on-Pryd. Which I imagine the Pryd on-topic forums are designed for?

/shrug.

I'm happy whatever happens to the Off topic forums.

But I'm still concerned that the new plan seems to drop the server specific on-topic general forums?
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom