The dreaded DAoC forums ;)

Would you like the DAOC forums setup this way?

• Total voters

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
The general DAoC forums are still for topics about DAoC, whereas the Off-Topic forums are for the people who wish to post about matters outside of DAoC but do not want to enter the general Freddyshouse forum. Considering the reception they can expect to receive I do not blame them.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Arindra said:
But I'm still concerned that the new plan seems to drop the server specific on-topic general forums?

I meant to answer that for you before. The Excalibur and Prydwen headings are forums in their own right, with the realm specific sub-forums beneath, so you would still have the Excal and Prydwen general discussion taking place.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Loxleyhood said:
The general DAoC forums are still for topics about DAoC, whereas the Off-Topic forums are for the people who wish to post about matters outside of DAoC but do not want to enter the general Freddyshouse forum. Considering the reception they can expect to receive I do not blame them.

Depends on how they post.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Loxleyhood said:
That's the theory, but I'm trying to state that I don't see the practise. Just as an example surley this thread https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=1492 should be in DAoC off topic?

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
MYstIC G said:
Why isn't that DAoC "General" forums though, cos I'm sorry but having read it a few times the contents between it & OT don't seem that bloody different they just tend to do what happens in the main General forum, start out on a subject & wander off into the distance

I have only seen a few threads about other games on daoc general and for the rest daoc general is all about daoc. Off topic except for a few occasions never mentions daoc, so there is a significant difference between OT and daoc general.
And daoc general is needed so the RvR discussion isnt flooded with stuff that has nothing to do with RvR (Realm vs Realm is only one part of the game).

So Im curious as to when and where you saw threads on general that seemed to be the same as OT.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
MYstIC G said:
That's the theory, but I'm trying to state that I don't see the practise. Just as an example surley this thread https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=1492 should be in DAoC off topic?

that discusses how the forum should be used that isnt trully offtopic. Like a thread when someone got banned who used Excal>RvR would be on excal>rvr as thats where every poster will know him, posting it on OT would mean that 90% of the people on Excal>RvR would still have no clue why that person got banned.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Driwen said:
posting it on OT would mean that 90% of the people on Excal>RvR would still have no clue why that person got banned.

This serves to prove the point that alot of the active forum users avoid the OT areas.

Meg, the general discussion areas are for DAOC related, but non-RvR related material. The off-topic areas are designed for discussions which are not DAOC-related (usually).

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Loxleyhood said:

Where do conversation threads belong Lox?

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Loxleyhood said:
Unless the conversation is about DAoC, Off-Topic.
So you can grasp the main reasons behind the Off Topic forum but the fact your repeatedly told not to post conversation threads wont sink in.

Interesting........

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
But we don't post conversation posts. You're making groundless and irrelevant arguments............

Interesting.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
This serves to prove the point that alot of the active forum users avoid the OT areas.

avoid not really, allthough that might be the case abit.
But how many people of FH>general read feedback?

many daoc'ers just go to BW as a place to talk with all three realms and talk/read about RvR. Thats the main purpose and off course a general board for the own realm. Only a part of the daoc posters want to talk about other stuff and they use OT for that.

So yes many do avoid it, but that doesnt have to be, because they see it as a bad place. It just isnt something they need.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
[QUOTE='Shy]Lol, have you actually looked at the dates of those threads?! Old!!!!!!!!!1[/QUOTE]

And how much drivel has been deleted & dont forget the week or so you guys were banned.

My final word on the subject is,

If you don't like the rules go find yourself another forum.

EDIT: And i wouldnt call the first 3 or 4 threads old.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
First post; about forum matters.

Second post; discussion on attraction and morals, amoung other things.

Third post; Flesh declares he is no longer banned.

Fourth post; This doesn't really make sense unless you know some history, suffice to say I had to start a new thread because the thread where we were discussing it was closed. There's some good moderating from Jupitus for you.

Fifth; I thought a moderator had taken action against me without telling me why. In fact a thread where I had posted got deleted. I realised this and apologised. I can't remember whether this post was made before or after I got banned without being told why. Never mind.

Sixth; A Christmas thread. Are you really so miserable that you quote this as spam?

Seventh; I was the first person to get the 5th title, so I told people what it was. I needed to make a new thread because the previous thread discussing titles was closed. More fine moderating.

Pretty weak examples.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Clown said:
Hi guys! What's happening?

Some people from DAoC origins have found another means of spamming forums.

Apart from that - nothing much

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Last two posts = spam.

Doesn't matter though, they don't post on the DAoC forums.

Belsameth

Tainted
Loxleyhood said:
Sixth; A Christmas thread. Are you really so miserable that you quote this as spam?

He is
one of those "lets kill eOT" fanatics
sadly it seems he gets his way, looking at the poll.

when will the changes be implemented? :)

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Belsameth said:
He is

Do you support the Excal Off Topic behaviour then Bels?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I happen to know she does. Just as any rational person who actually knows about eOT does.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Belsameth said:
He is

bels Deebs just wants to poll peoples opinion. So it might be that if enough people want to maintain exc OT and pryd OT, that it can stay. It doesnt have to be the majority of the votes as most of those people dont really care wether its there or not.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Rubric, if you want to continue this mud slinging fight you're going to have to delete some PMs.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Rubric said:
Do you support the Excal Off Topic behaviour then Bels?

Jesus Christ. Get a life, one that doesn't include putting down forums that you obviously know nothing about preferably. I mean seriously, just read your posts and realise how stupid you look, do you really have nothing better to do?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Loxleyhood said:
When they get past my dead body.

No need to be dead for me to make the changes so don't try and be a martyr.

Noone has said that this change is ever gonna happen. I am reading this thread with interest tho...

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I personally think that the trading sub forums by realm are good, and that we should wait and see what happens in the different OT areas once BW closes (with regards activity levels) or even just leave the OT areas as they are.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Jupitus said:
... we should wait and see what happens in the different OT areas once BW closes (with regards activity levels) or even just leave the OT areas as they are.

Ooo I agree with Jupitus on this one! Wait for the rest of the hordes to come in from BW - only 11 days to go folks! - and see what happens then :p I'm sure the mods attention will be drawn to where it will actually be needed then and everyone will forget about us :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom