The dps/asd debuff history!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
shaman can interrupt at range 1500 with disease...

but it has a 3s cast time

give the dps debuff a cast time and I'm happy for it to interrupt.

pbaoe instadisease is cheesy yes but it's a completely different kettle of fish to the problem with the dps debuff.

aoe dps debuff is far closer to aoe attack speed debuff - which doesn't interrupt.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
ur stil not reading the facts I posted b4 are you? u got a page selecter down at the right side corner. you can change pages there..

mod close this thread plz

I like many others think DPS debuff interupting is a bug, so no im not missing the point.

Sharpo

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
shaman can interrupt at range 1500 with disease...

but it has a 3s cast time

give the dps debuff a cast time and I'm happy for it to interrupt.

pbaoe instadisease is cheesy yes but it's a completely different kettle of fish to the problem with the dps debuff.

aoe dps debuff is far closer to aoe attack speed debuff - which doesn't interrupt.
There is nothing wrong with a casted debuff that interupts, your own fault for not petting/stunning/mezzing him or whatever. If you want to "fix" dps debfuf by adding a timer, then they should remove the interupt from insta disease. It debuffs str (so ws/dmg), walkspeed, halves healing, so anyone saying it is not a debuff is talking bs.
Afaik, only class who has an ae dps debuff is the reaver? Its a pbae ability and for all i care it may interupt. Not like reavers dont have enough pbae/insta interupts.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Sharpo said:
There is nothing wrong with a casted debuff that interupts, your own fault for not petting/stunning/mezzing him or whatever.
That was my point....

If you want to "fix" dps debfuf by adding a timer, then they should remove the interupt from insta disease. It debuffs str (so ws/dmg), walkspeed, halves healing, so anyone saying it is not a debuff is talking bs.
Afaik, only class who has an ae dps debuff is the reaver? Its a pbae ability and for all i care it may interupt. Not like reavers dont have enough pbae/insta interupts.

instant disease = range 0, on twice the length of timer and is a "get out of jail" version of a standard spell (think healer instant mezz compared to castable mezz, or should we make instant versions of that not interrupt? :)) - I think it still should interrupt because it's a special version of another spell .... the timer should be increased to something sensible though (maybe 2m since it's curable and isn't as severe as being mezzed)

instant aoe dps debuff (on enchanters and reavers - the reaver version is pbaoe so nowhere near the same problem) is on a 4s timer and is an "instant debuff" much like attack speed debuff or dex/qui debuffs, there's no castable version of it, it's a standard debuff. They could just make all the aoe debuffs interrupts instead ;) but I think it'd be better just to remove this one's interrupt component (keeping it on the 4s timer)

Claudius

Fledgling Freddie
Rather obvious what has to be done:

Remove the interrupt bug on the DPS debuff.

Put the insta pbaoe disease on a 5 min reuse timer, like they did to cleric pbaoe mess.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
Most theurs use their 2k+ range for petspam so I guess thats the reason why they didn't(couldn't) make use of that insta interrupt.

Too hard to press 1, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1?

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
Too hard to press 1, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1?
No, please read before making a silly reply... :twak:

If the Theurgist is at 2k range to cast pets, he can't land a debuff which only has 1.5k range! :rolleyes:

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Alithiel said:
No, please read before making a silly reply... :twak:

If the Theurgist is at 2k range to cast pets, he can't land a debuff which only has 1.5k range! :rolleyes:

THAT may be, but how often is a theurg at 2k range in a fg v fg fight? Not very often in my experience.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
camlann 4 teh wynz.

no realm balance whine. no realm population whine. hardly any zerg whine.
yep u can just take all the most broken and overpowerd mid classes and cram them all into 1fg!!!1 xD

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
THAT may be, but how often is a theurg at 2k range in a fg v fg fight? Not very often in my experience.
not many good theurgs :(

Sharpo

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
instant aoe dps debuff (on enchanters and reavers - the reaver version is pbaoe so nowhere near the same problem) is on a 4s timer and is an "instant debuff" much like attack speed debuff or dex/qui debuffs, there's no castable version of it, it's a standard debuff. They could just make all the aoe debuffs interrupts instead ;) but I think it'd be better just to remove this one's interrupt component (keeping it on the 4s timer)
Chanters don't have acces to an aoe dps debuff, so you must be mistaken. Maybe you've gotten confused with aoe asd? Also the timer on the single dps debuff is 5seconds, not 4.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Sharpo said:
I dont have logs, but i can assure you 100% that it doesn't interupt when resisted belo ;)
Ok, fair enough. I just have my own experience with the insta ASD debuff to go on. :)

Sharpo

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Ok, fair enough. I just have my own experience with the insta ASD debuff to go on. :)
ASD debuff did interupt even when resistsed. But you asked if DPS debuff would interupt if its resisted, wich it does not, and i have 9rr's of experience with it now.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
camlann 4 teh wynz.

no realm balance whine. no realm population whine. hardly any zerg whine.

And impossible to gain levels because silly PK:ing unless you have friends to help out

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, shaman pbaoe disease shouts needs a bit balancing too. Lasting 2-3mins with a recast timer of 8secs is kinda overkill especially comparing to the respective timers of druid root and the stupid cleric mezz (who should at least be a stun)!!

Lethul

FH is my second home
this thread kinda reminds me of that song Me Against the World, cant remember who did it tho :(

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
All instas shouldnt really interupt its kinda chessy, just like BDs have 2 insta interupts every 4 sec.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
asd on healers where bad for the game(tho very funny :))
dps debuff on chanter is imo fine but if the interrupt is removed I dont think the loss is that huge..

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Sharpo said:
Chanters don't have acces to an aoe dps debuff, so you must be mistaken. Maybe you've gotten confused with aoe asd? Also the timer on the single dps debuff is 5seconds, not 4.

aha - thought the dps one was aoe too - not quite so cheesy shite as it could be then :) just stupid for winning 1vs1s and annoying for locking people down during a group fight.

vintervargen

Banned
Edaemos said:
It was given to shammies to help with surviveability, nothing more nothing less.

yeap, and that is a very good tool. however when its used offensivly, it gets overpowered ;)

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Sharpo said:
The problem itself isnt asd or dps debuff interupting, its the entire interuption system itself. If you want to win a fight these days, you got to win in interupts, and these days with 4banelords, 3sojos and a shaman, mids have the edge, it used to be hibs, with 3-4pets, insta lul, and asd. But using dps debuff as an excuse to justify grapple bug is just rediculous. Remember that dps debuff is on a cloth caster (ussually 1 in a grp) with low hps and no protection (cept for a good bg'er) who can interupt 1 person every 5seconds, with a 25% chance to fail. You really have nothing to complain over compared to old ae asd.
Very true, tis all about the interupts, potentially albs can match hibs/mids with interupt power but they need either theurgs or reavers, but they bring their dis-advantages along with them too. 5 min purge timer could change things, but NF looks pretty like it might change a lot more than just group setups!

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Stajjijjon why do u care if it gets fixed as you say you don't need interupt to win ... so just leave it then.

Sn00k3

Fledgling Freddie
got spammed with ASD debuff from 2 chanters a whole fight that lasted 3 mins :m00:

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
fact Shaman pbaedisease was created to help shamans to kite.
fact Pbaedisease is not counted as a pure debuff, the debuff is a sideeffect
A Buffshear is not counted as a nuke, but it does x dmg as a sideeffect.

You are talking about two different things in thread.
Realm/Class balance, and if the dpsdebuff is a bug or not.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Tinyheals said:
fact Shaman pbaedisease was created to help shamans to kite.
fact Pbaedisease is not counted as a pure debuff, the debuff is a sideeffect
A Buffshear is not counted as a nuke, but it does x dmg as a sideeffect.

You are talking about two different things in thread.
Realm/Class balance, and if the dpsdebuff is a bug or not.

dps debuff interrupting IS infact a bug, but so is pb disease interrupting, why in hell would pb disease interrupt? the debuff might be asideeffect (stat debuffs should not interrupt), ALTHOU the disease is there for (slower movement AND the lowered healing effeciency). thereby interrupt is not needed. same with bds resist debuff.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
dps debuff interrupting IS infact a bug, but so is pb disease interrupting, why in hell would pb disease interrupt? the debuff might be asideeffect (stat debuffs should not interrupt), ALTHOU the disease is there for (slower movement AND the lowered healing effeciency). thereby interrupt is not needed. same with bds resist debuff.

how do you know that its a bug? (pb disease)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom