The dps/asd debuff history!

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
disease is a castable spell, just the shaman has an 8s recastable instant

same way that instant versions of castable mezz interrupt.

The problem with the shaman disease is not its interrupting it's that it's on an 8s timer and not a 5m or whatever.

exactly.. or just make it castable verry viable stil, but it can be interrupted.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
think Belomar was referring to the "no interrupt on resist" for the proof :)

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
and dont give me the shit about hybrid chars, has nothing to do with it. casters r as much hybrid as shammys.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok, I'll stop now...

Sorry :)

Next time I see a shaman do pb disease to interrupt you and then debuff-dd kill you in 3 nukes I'll give you some sympathy.

Idiot

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
SethNaket said:

Ok, I'll stop now...

Sorry :)

Next time I see a shaman do pb disease to interrupt you and then debuff-dd kill you in 3 nukes I'll give you some sympathy.

Idiot

good post :clap:
keep the constructive posts comming

DaveyJones

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion have you noticed theres only one person that agrees with what your saying and thats you.

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
Jaapi said:
Actually it's not. You are the only one that has mentioned spell descriptions in here, others are talking about what the spells actually do.
Disease debuffs stats, end of story.

there are dd spells which have debuff component, you dont call em "debuffs", you call em "dds"
same with disease
the fact that it lowers your str (along with some other cheesy things) doesnt make it "debuff"
timer might be too low yes
like pre-nerf timer on cleric pbae mezz
so what?
does it give you the right to abuse dps debuff?
then it gives me the right to buff pom to zerks in my group :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Stallion said:
and dont give me the shit about hybrid chars, has nothing to do with it. casters r as much hybrid as shammys.
Let's not make this thread go from silly to downright ridiculous. We all know Shamans are hybrids/healers; they have chain, no quickcast, and, until recently, did not have organized spellbooks (i.e. not so-called "list casters"). You're grasping at straws.

Stallion said:
those tests I did showed a 40% resist rate for the level 11 dps debuff and 37% resist rate on the level 22 dps debuff.. and if u read more in the grab bags u would know how to calculate it.
I don't care about the resist rate, I want logs that prove that the DPS debuff does not interrupt if it is resisted.

gia

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I think the best solution to this is not fixing 1 or 2 spells, but to change the whole interrupt system, make people get interrupted only on damage spells and melee, this would actually give an advantage to clerics for once (which have an ae dd) and druids (dot) instead of healers spamming ae mez. :) Bards would need some kind of new spell to compensate though.

gia

Fledgling Freddie
"I don't care about the resist rate, I want logs that prove that the DPS debuff does not interrupt if it is resisted."

Cba getting a log but I can confirm it does not interrupt if resisted. Have tried this in a duel.

Kpax

Fledgling Freddie

The problem with the shaman disease is not its interrupting it's that it's on an 8s timer and not a 5m or whatever

Ok, but its a question of game balance, not bugs. However, the problem with insta debuffs was in interrupting on 1500 range with very short recast timer. Yeah, sure, like shaman could disable some casters or seers or cc on 1500 range with his pbae disease like healers did it before with spd debuff, and like chanters do it now with dps debuff...
Oh btw, if you want to nerf shaman, dont forget about reaver too.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
old.anubis said:
there are dd spells which have debuff component, you dont call em "debuffs", you call em "dds"
same with disease
the fact that it lowers your str (along with some other cheesy things) doesnt make it "debuff"
timer might be too low yes
like pre-nerf timer on cleric pbae mezz
so what?
does it give you the right to abuse dps debuff?
then it gives me the right to buff pom to zerks in my group :p

makes no sense that.

1st. dds with debuff component are called dd's yes, its castable so nothing to do here.
2.soo what exactly is disease? what do u wanna call it? find abetter deffinition then a debuff
3.so you mean that insta stat debuff spells dont count as debuffs?
4.dps debuff is not bugged as it works same was as pb disease.
5. no u cant abuse 28 buffs as its not suppose to be that way.
if u say dps debuff is bugged then ur saying pb dis is aswell.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Kpax said:

The problem with the shaman disease is not its interrupting it's that it's on an 8s timer and not a 5m or whatever

Ok, but its a question of game balance, not bugs. However, the problem with insta debuffs was in interrupting on 1500 range with very short recast timer. Yeah, sure, like shaman could disable some casters or seers or cc on 1500 range with his pbae disease like healers did it before with spd debuff, and like chanters do it now with dps debuff...
Oh btw, if you want to nerf shaman, dont forget about reaver too.

haha good thinking, ever heard of a running shammy? t,t
pb boxing, outkiting diseased targets.. lol sorry to say this but u just made urself look stupid.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Let's not make this thread go from silly to downright ridiculous. We all know Shamans are hybrids/healers; they have chain, no quickcast, and, until recently, did not have organized spellbooks (i.e. not so-called "list casters"). You're grasping at straws.

I don't care about the resist rate, I want logs that prove that the DPS debuff does not interrupt if it is resisted.

hybid or not, why would a support char have insta interrupt and not a caster? makes no difference at all who has it... called grp rvr.

Kpax

Fledgling Freddie
4.dps debuff is not bugged as it works same was as pb disease.
So where is the link that proves the information about desease is counted as debuff spell by Mythic? No link? Then I see no point in this useless conversation about how desease should not interrupt and bla bla and so on.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
hybid or not, why would a support char have insta interrupt and not a caster? makes no difference at all who has it... called grp rvr.

It was given to shammies to help with surviveability, nothing more nothing less.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
DaveyJones said:
Stallion have you noticed theres only one person that agrees with what your saying and thats you.

+1

do you think I want a popular oppinion...? its my own, dont need you to like it or agree with it. I dont say I speak the truth its what I belive in, and I give a rats as if ur anon ass agrees or not. presidents have to make calls that the ppl dont like... thats part of life, cant make every1 happy... citizen dildo!

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Stallion said:
Of course there is a difference, the same difference why self-debuffers were nerfed, and you brought it up yourself: group RvR. You are supposed to combine the abilities of different people and classes to win in RvR, not have all the different abilities on a single class. When a cloth caster with the high damage output of a chanter has the ability to insta interrupt, he can turn the tables on anyone who has managed to get the drop on him (I know, I was happily abusing ASD debuff when it interrupted for this very purpose ;)). It is unbalancing and it is unfair for all enemy casters to have to basically burn MoC or die when they meet an Enchanter solo, or to be nuking an Enchanter down towards 0% in group RvR and be lamely interrupted one nuke from the kill.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Of course there is a difference, the same difference why self-debuffers were nerfed, and you brought it up yourself: group RvR. You are supposed to combine the abilities of different people and classes to win in RvR, not have all the different abilities on a single class. When a cloth caster with the high damage output of a chanter has the ability to insta interrupt, he can turn the tables on anyone who has managed to get the drop on him (I know, I was happily abusing ASD debuff when it interrupted for this very purpose ;)). It is unbalancing and it is unfair for all enemy casters to have to basically burn MoC or die when they meet an Enchanter solo, or to be nuking an Enchanter down towards 0% in group RvR and be lamely interrupted one nuke from the kill.

u hit the nail there about dps debuff how it works, BUT I stil dont see a difference from what char has it.. in solo purpose yes.. in grp purpose no..self debuffing is not nerfed with toa. its even worse. remember im speaking for myself not other enchanters. there are those playing crap who win for the cause of dps debuff, I dont see myself in that way, (call me a ego) but its my opinion once again. hybrid char or caster char, same effect anyway.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Edaemos said:
It was given to shammies to help with surviveability, nothing more nothing less.

haha surviveability yes for kiting its ownage. for interrupts its ownage. used 90% of the time..

dps debuff helps enchanters the same way.. im not saying dps debuffing is good for solo rvr. but in fg rvr its no difference at all. survivability or not a shammy camping the box = death. I can nuke shammy to interrupt him, he can run up and press instar un away, hit some targets run back insta. rince repeat.

just ask kalba/enediet(sp?)/halsbrann

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
im not saying dps debuffing is good for solo rvr. but in fg rvr its no difference at all.

Oh please tell me your trying to be funny ith this comment. Im sure all the hibs would have agreed with you when it worked for healers. Hibs whined like never before about ASD, now here you are trying to justify almost the same spell for yourself, your blinded by your need for it Stallion.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Edaemos said:
Oh please tell me your trying to be funny ith this comment. Im sure all the hibs would have agreed with you when it worked for healers. Hibs whined like never before about ASD, now here you are trying to justify almost the same spell for yourself, your blinded by your need for it Stallion.

im sure u know what my opinions were on asd debuff.. and im IN SUCH need. I need insta interrupt to win yesyes! :kissit:

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
and im IN SUCH need. I need insta interrupt to win yesyes! :kissit:

You are, or why else would you constantly support it in the other thread and then start YOUR own thread on this topic trying to justify your point . Presidents have to make hard decisions, but they usually have at least some support, im still waiting to see yours. :m00:

Sharpo

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
I dont have logs, but i can assure you 100% that it doesn't interupt when resisted belo ;)

Sharpo

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
The problem itself isnt asd or dps debuff interupting, its the entire interuption system itself. If you want to win a fight these days, you got to win in interupts, and these days with 4banelords, 3sojos and a shaman, mids have the edge, it used to be hibs, with 3-4pets, insta lul, and asd. But using dps debuff as an excuse to justify grapple bug is just rediculous. Remember that dps debuff is on a cloth caster (ussually 1 in a grp) with low hps and no protection (cept for a good bg'er) who can interupt 1 person every 5seconds, with a 25% chance to fail. You really have nothing to complain over compared to old ae asd.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Sharpo said:
The problem itself isnt asd or dps debuff interupting, its the entire interuption system itself. If you want to win a fight these days, you got to win in interupts, and these days with 4banelords, 3sojos and a shaman, mids have the edge, it used to be hibs, with 3-4pets, insta lul, and asd. But using dps debuff as an excuse to justify grapple bug is just rediculous. Remember that dps debuff is on a cloth caster (ussually 1 in a grp) with low hps and no protection (cept for a good bg'er) who can interupt 1 person every 5seconds, with a 25% chance to fail. You really have nothing to complain over compared to old ae asd.

Bug abuse is bug abuse no matter what colour you paint it.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Edaemos said:
You are, or why else would you constantly support it in the other thread and then start YOUR own thread on this topic trying to justify your point . Presidents have to make hard decisions, but they usually have at least some support, im still waiting to see yours. :m00:

your so missing the point with this thread. has nothing to do with the other, just wanted to give some ppl a clear view of what dsp/asd debuff is all about.. period. im not gonna discuss this anymore as it wasent point of the thread.

and sharpo no1 is justifying dps debuf with grapple bug... its mids who think other way around fuyi.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Edaemos said:
Bug abuse is bug abuse no matter what colour you paint it.

ur stil not reading the facts I posted b4 are you? u got a page selecter down at the right side corner. you can change pages there..

mod close this thread plz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom