The death of the Warlock.

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
you can call me Lethul the Kobold King :) . I should be the one standing inside the throne room! (curse that fat lazy dwarf) :(
agree King Lethul :worthy:

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Oh and for the record, I wont bother argueing with you again, you got a habit of changing the discussion each and everytime you get prooven wrong.
You mean, just like you do? Charmangle is good at it, but he is only a novice compared to you on this matter.

That's three of your traits puppet: Whining, blindly defending hibernia and ignoring the fact you get proven wrong.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:
You mean, just like you do? Charmangle is good at it, but he is only a novice compared to you on this matter.

That's three of your traits puppet: Whining, blindly defending hibernia and ignoring the fact you get proven wrong.

I got prooven wrong ? Well perhaps Arumi and/or Flyboipip had good slash-resists, but they both admit they dont have a template.

There's examples of RR5+ Warlocks running around with shit slash-resists, Im sorry if I sometimes mistake the one easymoder_chamberdumper with the other one.

I present you Starf, one of those high RR Warlocks with the uber template of d0000m

Starf.jpg

notice the Physical Defense1 to increase his already wtfuber melee-resists /irony.

End of the deal: Both Arumi and FBP admit they didnt have a template. Then suddenly its a template (and TOA'ed) when u have a ring of the torrent and good hp... Cmon, even the biggest anti-Puppet should see how clueless those defenses are.

Anyhow, its not all that relevant, I stand by my comment that the majority of Warlocks was not templated. And Ive shown with a calculation numbers like 800 dmg on 48% resists are impossible to obtain consistently.

But hey, if you want to make a real case about the bainshee being overpowered, be my guest, you can actually count on my support, as I think they are overpowered, aswell all mages. However, pulling random numbers out of thin-air isnt the way to 'proof' bainshees are overpowered.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
I got prooven wrong ?

No idea if you did in this thread, only skimmed it on the surface. You often do though, and always ignore or divert the subject.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
I got prooven wrong ? Well perhaps Arumi and/or Flyboipip had good slash-resists, but they both admit they dont have a template.

There's examples of RR5+ Warlocks running around with shit slash-resists, Im sorry if I sometimes mistake the one easymoder_chamberdumper with the other one.

This is what I mean, you just admit you are wrong then go ahead with the discussion as I did with Flyboy and Arumi. Good One!:)

Puppet said:
End of the deal: Both Arumi and FBP admit they didnt have a template. Then suddenly its a template (and TOA'ed) when u have a ring of the torrent and good hp... Cmon, even the biggest anti-Puppet should see how clueless those defenses are.

The "template when you have a ring of torrent" thing is your own assumption. I never said that or implied it. I clearly stated that its a template when you get a couple of easy to get items that give you the basics. One such item that I used as an example was the ring of torrent. Nothing suddenly about it mate!

Puppet said:
Anyhow, its not all that relevant, I stand by my comment that the majority of Warlocks was not templated. And Ive shown with a calculation numbers like 800 dmg on 48% resists are impossible to obtain consistently.

But hey, if you want to make a real case about the bainshee being overpowered, be my guest, you can actually count on my support, as I think they are overpowered, aswell all mages. However, pulling random numbers out of thin-air isnt the way to 'proof' bainshees are overpowered.

And now back to the real issue after those refreshing admittings!:)

Well there was nothing random about those numbers, its just that I dont have a screenshot of it atm. But that should be easy enough to get so Ill post them here as soon as I get them from rvr and youll post a big appology then wount you mate ?:)

And yes you are right, just throwing numbers out is not a way of pooving banshees are OP, and I never claimed they had anything at all to do with the overall OPness of the Banshee. What I said was that the long range interrupt, the general high damage output and absolutly most importantly the AE cone damage is the thing that make them OP in serg/siege fights. No caster should have that high ae range damage. Just remove that from them and there is nothing OP about the Banshee at all. Further more I dont think Banshee is OP at all in FGvsFG and I actually think they are underpowered in 1vs1 without a serg to back them up.

And I agree that all casters are OP But then again I think that ALL damages in game are way to high. Its just not fun getting killed by a stealther that pops out of stealthmode with 1600 damage up his sleave. Its not fun getting shot at from rediculous ranges for 1000 damage critshots (even though they might be hard to get in when they hit its just boring), its not fun getting nuked down in 2.9 seconds or what ever by a caster, or getting oneshotted by a firewizz etc. All damage should be lowered imo. Longer fights make for more fun!:)

/Charmangle

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
now im not gonna mention savages anymore , seems it so long time ago any seen one that people compare them with other light tanks that got charge , doesnt matter thou , anyone checkin roll of honour or playin daily will know how many savages are playing currently regardless of the hibs awe of their styles.

now for the locks , below is what mythic release in patchnotes regarding the nerf.

Warlock

- The following damage reductions are being applied to spells fired via Uninterruptible primers similar to the way Mastery of Concentration reduces spell effectiveness:

1 - Steady Cast - 40% of damage reduced
11 - Solid Cast - 35% of damage reduced
20 - Fixed Cast - 30% of damage reduced
29 - Fortified Cast - 25% of damage reduced
37 - Anchored Cast - 20% of damage reduced
47 - Unshakable Cast - 0% of damage reduced

does it mention that warlocks will get the same penalty when casting a ui heal ? , no it specifically mention the damage :)

again , nerfing is something mythic decides , personally i just dont like undocumented changes.

was the nerf fair ? , by definition it was because it got nerfed , question is (same as with savages) , does it negatively effect the realm that these classes are not played. , personally im gonna miss locks in any siege fight , savages noone missed ( well xept the hibs who still rants about these amazing style) :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:
No idea if you did in this thread, only skimmed it on the surface. You often do though, and always ignore or divert the subject.

Ah so just a normal Lotraz-reply, not even reading topic just random Puppet-bashing huh :)

Glad thats clear then!

Lethul

FH is my second home
Puppet said:
Ah so just a normal Lotraz-reply, not even reading topic just random Puppet-bashing huh :)

Glad thats clear then!

YOU'VE BEEN KARAMED!

censi

Can't get enough of FH
the irony is pretty much all classes have been or will get hit with the nerf bat in some shape or form....

any player who picks his class based on he likes what the class stands for and thinks he will enjoy the playstyle of this toon, will adapt to most nerfs as the class still stands (and will always stand) for the things he likes.

Basically you can really take pride in a toon and get to understand its strengths and weaknesses and over time you learn to play it effectivly. A warlocks strength used to be you could target something and pretty much insta kill it.... Now that doesnt happen rather than stick with the WL toon that player has so much pride and knowledge of, 99% of the players give up with it and go play summin else. that basically just tells you that most players that ran with warlocks did it because its great fun pwning the shit out of other things, now they cant they go play summin that can.

sorry but im 100% positive WL can still be a frigging damn good class, but for reasons i explained above, most of the newbs have jumped ship. When you get a taste for that the idea of anything less feel like you been robbed.

I see so few WL's around nowadays its lovely and the game is so much fun for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom