The death of the Warlock.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Was solo at Nott the other day and was charged down by four Bainshees and Instadied.

Was at Blendrake and Albs M-m-m-m-m-Monsta rezzed a couple players and I was so close to death from the damn dot.

Then went to Surrs and watched 6-7 sorcs, chucking their ML9 pets around and Mezz half way across the zone, MoCing and LT, Mez and nuking.

So I thought were the feck are Mids OP class the Warlock?
Did who /50 150 level 50 mids online.
Did who Warlock 50 .... There was just one... and it wasn't in RvR!

Then checked duskwave and that confirmed it, the Warlocks are not collecting RPs anywhere near that of the Runemasters and Spiritmasters, and their numbers are very low.

So along with the Savage, Mid can add another class nerfed to oblivion, so perhaps now Albs and Hibs can stop littering the forums with Whines about them... you've done you're job well...perhaps in a week or two you'll never see one....

At least we still have the Valkyrie there were three of those in RvR!!!

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is, Mythic bring out stupidly overpowered classes, people whine and whine (quite rightly really)...but, instead of changing things around a little, they completely utterly nerf the living shit out of the class.

I almost feel sorry for the warlocks.

Almost.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Xajorkith said:
Was solo at Nott the other day and was charged down by four Bainshees and Instadied.

Was at Blendrake and Albs M-m-m-m-m-Monsta rezzed a couple players and I was so close to death from the damn dot.

Then went to Surrs and watched 6-7 sorcs, chucking their ML9 pets around and Mezz half way across the zone, MoCing and LT, Mez and nuking.

So I thought were the feck are Mids OP class the Warlock?
Did who /50 150 level 50 mids online.
Did who Warlock 50 .... There was just one... and it wasn't in RvR!

Then checked duskwave and that confirmed it, the Warlocks are not collecting RPs anywhere near that of the Runemasters and Spiritmasters, and their numbers are very low.

So along with the Savage, Mid can add another class nerfed to oblivion, so perhaps now Albs and Hibs can stop littering the forums with Whines about them... you've done you're job well...perhaps in a week or two you'll never see one....

At least we still have the Valkyrie there were three of those in RvR!!!

Thing is, people who played a Warlock played them for 1 reason only:

Because they where stupidly OP and they could farm insane amounts of RP's in Oceanus ROG's.

Now the WL is 'nerfed' to a point they're still quite decent, but hey.. they're no longer God-mode in ROG's. And Mids whine.

Savages could 3-round a paladin, I wonder why they nerfed savages... really :wanker:

Same story all-over again: If it cant run, strafe and lafjtap or instant-kill, its gimped in Midgard.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
They prolly perfectly okay, fun and playable if you started one from scratch. Guess post-nerf, if you had an active warlock and used to what they were like before, they don't cut it anymore.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Same story all-over again: If it cant run, strafe and lafjtap or instant-kill, its gimped in Midgard.

If it has a chance of killing one of Puppets characters, it's extremely overpowered.

Go go midget whiner!

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
The class was designed wrong from the beginning. They should know by now that frontloading will generate whine so much they have no choice but to nerf it.

Tried a lvl50 warlock for the first time last week. Tought my lvl48 supp rm was better to have in the grp then the warlock :p

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Fear not noble newbs!

Just roll a bonedancer its just as retarded.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
and people wonder why Midgard is the underpopulated realm on more servers than any other realm.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:
If it has a chance of killing one of Puppets characters, it's extremely overpowered.

Go go midget whiner!

Aye, because savages, warlocks and pre-1.62 zerks where perfectly balanced, huh :wanker:

Perhaps you could somehow grasp the concept of being overpowered has little to do with the fact if they can or can't kill me. I compare class-performances/damage with other classes.

Stuff like a Runemaster has a DD219, an Eldritch DD209, a Bainshee DD225, well thats all pretty close to eachother. If you would give tanks a delve-number for their damage, you would see that a Merc has DD120, a BM has DD120~, a post-1.62 zerk has DD120~ and the old-skool savage had DD200~.

That is *not* balanced. Has little to do with being able to kill my chars, Im sure a Berserker can still any of my characters, that dont make them OP.

K

Kharok Svark

The problem is, 'Iwin' button kids were playing them as they were overpowered.

While they have the stigma about recently being overpowered, no 'normal' class player will play them, even more so as they have little group utility.

Problem is, the OP class players will run off and make banshees and vampires now.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
and people wonder why Midgard is the underpopulated realm on more servers than any other realm.

Mid FG RVR > other realms. Ipso facto.

Mid assasins prolly now >> other realms top of pile. Ipso Facto.

Mid mages are the most OP solo classes in game > Ipso debaito

Its hardly a bring out the tissues moment. Trust me if hibs had warlocks u would understand why this is nothing but a good thing that they are finally nerfed.

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
Good Riddance to the most retarded class the game has ever seen.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
I had mucho fun on my WL, on classic. I laughed all the way to lvl50 in PvE, ask anyone in DD. If i died it was because i tried to kill to many mobs at a time, or tried to conserve power.

In RvR I only soloed, and even if i was run down by a fg, 2 out of 3 times i would get 1kill anyway. I got RR4 pretty fast, but the soloing got booring. I tried grouping, but the rest of the group had to play better to fit me in, so it made more sence to give my spot to... well anyone really.

The class was broken from the beginning, if you specced it right it was horribly OP. And unless ur opponent outnumbered you in RvR, you would win 8 out of 10. The problem is you get lazy, its to easy, so you stop trying. In the end i died more than I should and got frustrated by the class.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Mid RVR<<<< Alb/Hib siege RvR
Mid PvE<<<< Alb/Hib PvE

Mid needs help in those 2 areas. Warlocks helped alot in siege RvR but got gutted because of their power as a solo char.

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
WLs r still op... And omg they r a sick class
Sure its easier now to face em but not solo by much

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
im still playing my warlock o_O just PLing my bot atm :>

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Perhaps you could somehow grasp the concept of being overpowered has little to do with the fact if they can or can't kill me. I compare class-performances/damage with other classes.

Strangely enough you are extremely narrowminded on what you label overpowered.

I haven't seen you out here whining about bainshees and sorcerers. And considering the amount of whining you do, one should think there were enough to go around.

d34k

Fledgling Freddie
It's ridiculous to compare class balance by one facet only (damage). After all, what makes the Sorc such an overpowered class is not the delve of its damaging spells. The same with Bonedancers and Mincers -- both of which are nearly as overpowered as the Sorc.

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:

Because they where stupidly OP and they could farm insane amounts of RP's in Oceanus ROG's.

Now the WL is 'nerfed' to a point they're still quite decent, but hey.. they're no longer God-mode in ROG's. And Mids whine.

Repped!:worthy: :drink:

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
censi said:
Mid mages are the most OP solo classes in game > Ipso debaito
Sorc, Theurg, Caba, Eldritch, Bainshee > mid casters.
and yes Warlock were way too op, and yes sm pet are op aswell

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
1on1, there are certainly a few classes who have a much higher chance of winning; ie, sorc, bonedancer, old-warlock...but all classes have their disadvantages and problems.

For example, you can be the best sorc in the world, but with all RAs/MLs down you're still mincemeat against a charge tank.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:

Oki so all your chars are ROG chars too then and insanly OP in that ? (since you apparently call fully toad with uba stuff chars ROG users. 99% of all warlocks were fully toad and equipped...)

Puppet said:
Quite decent class...hmm...explain to me what a warlock does when they face: Baselinestun, 2000 range mess, moccing life tappers, ml9 chainstunning pets or a field of shrooms ?

Puppet said:
Savages could 3-round a paladin, I wonder why they nerfed savages... really :wanker:

Yes savages really needed a nerf, but even you must have the ability to see that nerfing a class down to beeing pointless to play since it no longer has got anything that it does better than any other class any more, is the same as killing it.

When berserks get both charge AND banelord then whats the point of Savages ? A normally intelligent person would give charge to one and banelord to the other.

These comments are just inane, warlocks was and have always been a stupid class. Its ALMOST as stupid as firewizzes. Its impossible to balance a crap class as warlocks. Its either gonna be instakill or pointless. So yes they were highly overpowered WHEN TOAD + decent rr in 1vs1. Warlocks are of absolutly no use in a group what so ever unless they are extremly good players and such a player would be of more use on an sm or runemaster. And now they are just mostly pointless since their utility/damage is nerfed into any other casters, they are just much harder to do anything with.

Puppet said:

Wow this is true...you are on the same story all-over again. Do you even know what stun do ? Which do you think makes the most difference in a solo fight: Makeing someone unable to do anything at all before he/she is dead. Or draining 1/10:th damage from someone on a 4 sec timer ?

Yes instas are mighty powerful as interrupts, but so is 2500 range uninterruptable castable ae interrupt too, soo what ? Or 2500 range petspamming that gives caster pets that chainstunns and live for ages.

So about your comment:
Its the same thing all over again:
If a hib cant get their target stunned for ages and kill in 3 seconds or do 600-800 damage per second to 100 people at the same time on range or shroom up pets and go to bed and wake up at rr10 its just to gimped to play in hib.

Sigh just please think through the posts before you write them.

/Charmangle

ps. Btw if warlocks were so horrible why does every freaking template I see from hib have their matter resists gimped to 10% ? If you ask anyone why, they just say: Well warlocks just isnt a big enough problem to warrant the resists. Which is odd looking at these all the complaints from hibs. Why not just gimp heat instead of matter and lower that dot/nuke with about 100-150 damage instead ? ds.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Savages nerfed to oblivion ? Sure, and paladins are op.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe do updaet mate!:)

eggy said:
Eek, you need to use quote tags in your messages, it's hard to tell which parts you're writing and which you're quoting :)

Hehe press update!:)

SoulFly said:
Savages nerfed to oblivion ? Sure, and paladins are op.

Hehe I wasnt sure if you mean this towards me, but I never said they were nerfed to oblivion, I just said that they are abit pointless to host in a group atm. The only thing they add to the group is a backstyle stun for the serker to reach their target. But since they almost always gets left behind coz of cc they just arent effective.

And after next patch I actually think valks will take the few spots savages get. They have an anytime stun and get decent damage + really good rips, so unfortunatly im afraid that this will even further work as a nerf towards savages.

/charmangle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom