The current moderators

Are the current mods up to their task?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Good day denizens of RvR discussions,

I feel that the moderators on Freddyshouse DAoC forums are rather incompetent, and maybe not at the height of their call of duty.
I believe that personnell with more experience in all fields of DAoC (not just PvE with a crossbow armsman) is needed, and it is time to get some new blood to the spots of power.
There are certain individuals who seem to enjoy having double standards as a perk for moderating the boards and there are some who seem to be just incapable of making the right decision regarding the closure and deletion of threads.
I ask you, do you believe the current mods are good enough for this great forum, or should some new blood be brought in?
I would also ask to have this thread remain unclosed, and in this section, due to the massive amount of moderation being needed in this section of Freddyshouse.

PS. maybe the current mods should refrain from voting 'yes' for themselves, due to them being kind of subjective :)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Originally Posted by Tuthmes
Explain to me why:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=200458

That thread gets closed after 8 pages and started of with a direct attack on some player for emote spamming.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=200582

And this thread gets closed after 1.5 pages, when somebody's trying to tell his side of the story, without any pun inteded towards somebody else.

Originally Posted by Tears
Because I dont sit infront of this PC reading every post as its made.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that i pm'd him again and I asked him on what base he closed posts, but no reponce so far!

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
Well as i posted a couple mins ago, tilda wrote fucktard directed at another player, and then he mocked me, locked my thread and the original one ofcourse, then edited the post..

Its funny when you cant even be allowed to discuss if the system works, that kinda prooves that it doesent work.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Dallas said:
Well as i posted a couple mins ago, tilda wrote fucktard directed at another player, and then he mocked me, locked my thread and the original one ofcourse, then edited the post..

Its funny when you cant even be allowed to discuss if the system works, that kinda prooves that it doesent work.

Agree with strong danish person

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
Well i just noticed, my signature got deleted.. and some of my rep got deleted.. I see tears or tilda surely have been at it again..

Really good work your doing for the community.

EDIT: oh and its nice to see that the appointed moderators have access to personal info, ill never write a pm on FH that contains personal info. Ive sent my adress and phone numbers here, kind of worrying to me that total strangers can easily access that if they want to.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
It seems like the standard for being a moderator is to be highly sarcastic, tremendously annoying and having a complete lack of humour or common sense.

I'd say Gamah is next! :fluffle:

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I think they do fine generally, there was a point a few months back where far too many threads were being locked, they clearly learned from that as nowdays it's (almost) only the ones that deserve to be.

Edit: Also do you really expect to get a representative opinion in a poll such as this? Just like with customer feedback to companies on their products, the majority will be negative because the happy customers don't feel the need to send it. *That's* subjective for you.

Dave J.

Banned
Im gonna express my feelings regarding this matter;

They should chill the fuck out.

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
I think they do fine generally, there was a point a few months back where far too many threads were being locked, nowdays it's (almost) only the ones that deserve to be.

They just get deleted nowadays, so people dont see that alot of threads actually get removed instead of locked, cause they dont exist anymroe.

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
thuth an fl3as requirements for what a mod needs to be conflict. cant have someone that plays loads of daoc an yet edits the forum nonstop 24hrs a day unless they got 2 heads an 4 arms:D
hows about if u dont like it on this forum that much an think u could do better why not start a rival forum aimed at the same demographic?that way folks would have a choice and the user shift would prove disprove the scale of the 'problem'.

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
Its like bush quote "You are either with us or against us"
No free speech here m8s!

Rauno

Fledgling Freddie
i feel that some random mongs who get prema pooned in rvr whenever they actualy play the game should not have the power!

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
lilmissnaughty said:
thuth an fl3as requirements for what a mod needs to be conflict. cant have someone that plays loads of daoc an yet edits the forum nonstop 24hrs a day unless they got 2 heads an 4 arms:D

can you please show me a passage of my post in which i am asking for mods that are constantly moderating? it is a voulenteer job after all, we all know that. but if i voulenteer as a caretaker for an old people's home and end up choking them all its not very good now, is it?
i have not asked to have them on the job 24/7, but decent coverage is needed indeed, and wouldnt the right choice be to just have more people then?
and joor, we are not meant to have free speech on this forum. posting here is a priviledge, not a right :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
omg ppl actually care what rep or stuff is written on a forum ?
and if they closed ur thread.. or the Maril one.... camoon. Maril himself started whit the shit.

lol, u lil forumwarriors :p

atm, im happy how the forum is moderated, ty

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
The mods are just following the rules. A mod is human too so taking the example of tilda calling someone a fucktard is a bit useless imho. Atleast he did the right thing and edited it, then again a sorry could be in place aswell. :p

If you don't like the forum then find another one, it's not the mods fault that you might find it shit, it's the rules.

Himse

FH is my second home
Kaun_IA said:
omg ppl actually care what rep or stuff is written on a forum ?
and if they closed ur thread.. or the Maril one.... camoon. Maril himself started whit the shit.

lol, u lil forumwarriors :p

atm, im happy how the forum is moderated, ty

i was told by the IRC community to say you are random.

this was in no way influenced by me :<

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
Mastade said:
aww fuck me, i accidently voted yes :/

Hehe i did the same. but i loved the whine from mxn on irc so i didint say it :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Rauno said:
i feel that some random mongs who get prema pooned in rvr whenever they actualy play the game should not have the power!

and players who run are rr11, run in 1337 gank grp should be the kings... right

Realm rank doesnt show enything.... (now waiting for the comments from someone, that im a lowby rr and dont know shit).

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Are the Refs in the World Cup up to the job? Not a chance. But they were the ones who were in charge and if you wanted to be in the World Cup you had to accept their decision at the end of the day.
If you use this forum then you have to accept the decisions of the moderators and most of the time they make the right call.
BTW X-bow Armsman are surprisingly good :fluffle: .

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Dallas - I removed your sig. I didn't like it.

Anyone else voting 'no' just fuck off then. Simple as that. Start your own board, bitch at each other on IRC or whatever. I don't care.

I'm sorely tempted to just gather up their names at the end of the poll and delete their ids, to be honest.

This bitching at the mods and baiting will stop, whether it's through choice (aka people growing up a little) or through my ban stick.

Vote away guys - have fun while you can.

Himse

FH is my second home
Jupitus said:

Anyone else voting 'no' just fuck off then. Simple as that. Start your own board, bitch at each other on IRC or whatever. I don't care.

I'm sorely tempted to just gather up their names at the end of the poll and delete their ids, to be honest.

This bitching at the mods and baiting will stop, whether it's through choice (aka people growing up a little) or through my ban stick.

Sorry, but to me this is exactly why this pole was made. No offense really, but telling us all to fuck off, as a mod, isn't exactly setting a standard is it? ....

Tobbe

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:

Communist.. sad but true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom