The Battle of Benowyc

B

Belomar

Just returned from one of the most fun keep defenses I've participated in, and that's saying something coming from me. :) The Albion forces, consisting perhaps of 2-3 FGs in all, successfully defended and repelled against at least twice that number of Hibs attacking it. The NS army roaming the walls made things difficult at first, but as soon as the HB groups arrived, things got easier. In the end, it came down to a pitched battle in the courtyard, one which was finally won by the brave Albion defenders raining down death and destruction from the walls.

Finally some revenge for the Brehon Army's cowardly steamrolling of me yesterday!
http://oss.ckk.chalmers.se/daoc/images/lotta-noobs.jpg

Might put up some screenies tomorrow when I'm not so tired. :)

N

noaim

Grats for managing to defend a keep. First time?

D

dimerian

Originally posted by noaim

Grats for managing to make a bad joke. 100th time?

:eek:

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Yeah, but Hibs have so few people in their realm...
So few they can attack Beno with 50, and allmost at the same time attack DC with 3fg.
That makes atleast 9 fg Hibs should be able to put up for RVR...
Then again, Hibs have been present in Emain rvr with 4fg lately.
Was nice defense indeed, shame Hibs did not come back for more at Beno.
At DC, 3 fg Mids, and the required 1 fg hunters and SB were camping amg, making reinforcements impossible.
Regards, Glottis

P

phule_gubben

Keep defences rocks, it´s always fun to beat the opposition regardless what realm they come from.

:clap:

O

old.Tzeentch

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
So few they can attack Beno with 50, and allmost at the same time attack DC with 3fg.
At DC, 3 fg Mids, and the required 1 fg hunters and SB were camping amg, making reinforcements impossible.
Regards, Glottis

you sure you playing excalibur server?

L

LordjOX

Nice defence there tho, standing on the walls opposite of the damn stairs. Personally I thought you ran to lords or summin ;>
Better luck next time maybe;)

T

tuathra

never saw that many when doing

/who hadrian be4...

and the number of lvl 40 - 49 ppl was quite fun 2 :)

- Tua

(not an excuse - just fun 2 c some low rvr... been ages since that was viable :> )

O

old.Nol

so - then

couple of minutes later, and 1fg of cf repelled you lot from erasleigh ;)

K

Kicks

Regards, Glottis

Just a quick pointer we werent 50 and it was the grps you wiped at Beno that went and got crauch :) cos it was easier :)

9 fgs LMAO try 4fgs at Beno and 3fgs that went Crauch after

oh btw grow the fuck up http://www.minkeh.com/daoc/glottismoron.jpg it's not like u even touched me was it really needed?

nice defence btw :)

G

gwal

I love the way ppl underestimate their numbers kicks.....

ok, so u werent 50, oh sorry, u were 45, our bad, or atleast thats what the guard kill spam reported, so.. :)

and we werent 3fg, we were 17 ppl

and it was a helluva lot of fun, some ppl around who refused to come defend when outnumbered so heavily - their loss :)

L

Lessurl

Bleh, and i logged for the night when i logged back in at lords room earlier to get pounded by a now alb lord. :p
You went and took it when i was eating......damn you! :p

Would have been up for an attempted retake if i'd known but i didn't think anyone would be bothered.

Originally posted by tuathra

and the number of lvl 40 - 49 ppl was quite fun 2 :)

The low 40's were probably after that merchant keep take xp. ;)

A

Athis

Originally posted by dimerian
Grats for managing to make a bad joke. 100th time?

The more bad jokes you manage to say per day the more respected you are on BW :p

B

Belomar

Originally posted by noaim
Very funny, I've farmed enough Mids in keep defenses of the past, thank you (perhaps I should dredge up the Mid whining that ensued after the Albion corpse summoner adventures in Nottmoor and Hlidskialf?). Like I said, of all the numerous keep defenses I've been in, last night's was the most fun one ever. :)

O

old.Nol

Glottis, please tell me you were one of the people that came for the eras retake a fw minutes later.

B

Belomar

Re: so - then

Originally posted by old.Nol
couple of minutes later, and 1fg of cf repelled you lot from erasleigh ;)
I didn't come on that adventure... (Be thankful I didn't! ;)) However, we wiped the CF group guuud when they arrived at Benowyc minutes later after we repelled the first attack. ;)

S

Sharp Thing

Re: Re: so - then

Originally posted by Belomar
I didn't come on that adventure... (Be thankful I didn't! ;)) However, we wiped the CF group guuud when they arrived at Benowyc minutes later after we repelled the first attack. ;)
you zerged it tbh :>

O

old.Nol

Re: Re: so - then

Originally posted by Belomar

You would have been well owned mate :D was a lovely farm session. we had one death, which was an ld :/ We even brought a dotter along specifically for you :D

D

drummer

best Rp in half in hour so far , Drummer thanks u :p

E

Ensceptifica

Keep fights are so cool, especially as an introduction to RvR for lowbies ( :

<thinks of Zoomzoom, a lvl 23? hibbie trying to stay alive during our assault on Bledmeer>

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Kicks
Just a quick pointer we werent 50 and it was the grps you wiped at Beno that went and got crauch :) cos it was easier :)

9 fgs LMAO try 4fgs at Beno and 3fgs that went Crauch after

oh btw grow the fuck up http://www.minkeh.com/daoc/glottismoron.jpg it's not like u even touched me was it really needed?

nice defence btw :)

Beno had 48 attackers, making it 5fg (guard reports).
And I laugh spam at any stealther that dies, just don't like them very much.
Still think Hibs could put up a much large rvr force than they do at the moment, with only 1 or 2 guild groups moving around (Hibs).
Seems you cannot be arsed though.
And my next guess is you will blaim Alb zerging for it...
Regards, Glottis

C

Crashtje

haha that was indeed funny, me and shaggz was the first 2 @ beno and see 2 hapless mages running down (Cerdin and some Sorc) i pa`d a sorc for 500 and downed him in 2 shots, got 1k rps for him :D , not so lucky on cerdin who promplty ran off , i died inside keep by some nubbin called jager :D, i release and come back, and drop another frickin sorc who kept mezzing Cf GRp :D

wpld albs

/claps @ cerdin + that friar Ca..... somethin

B

Belomar

Originally posted by [PDC]Alexie
haha that was indeed funny, me and shaggz was the first 2 @ beno and see 2 hapless mages running down (Cerdin and some Sorc) i pa`d a sorc for 500 and downed him in 2 shots, got 1k rps for him :D
Yeah, that was Solvin who was in my group, he was afk outside when I spotted a Lurikeen, but ran off to pwn him immediately... I was on the wall, so took some more time to get down and could not support him. :(
not so lucky on cerdin who promplty ran off
Hey, luck's got nothing to do with it, boyo. :D I was buffed to the teeth and had purge up. Besides, I am a Professional Coward, just watch me run. ;)
/claps @ cerdin + that friar Ca..... somethin
Rargh! Was a lot of fun, 43 deathspams to my name. ;)

S

StormriderX

Beno had 48 attackers, making it 5fg (guard reports).
And I laugh spam at any stealther that dies, just don't like them very much.
Still think Hibs could put up a much large rvr force than they do at the moment, with only 1 or 2 guild groups moving around (Hibs).
Seems you cannot be arsed though.
And my next guess is you will blaim Alb zerging for it...
Regards, Glottis

48/8 = 6fg fyi - basic maths :x

Laugh spamming stealthers cause you don't like them, yet you play one yourself gg

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by StormriderX

Laugh spamming stealthers cause you don't like them, yet you play one yourself gg

^ what he said

glottis go away :p

O

old.Nol

NONE OF YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND!!1! GLOTTIS CHOSE A SCOUT BECAUSE THEY WERE UBER AND THEY GOT NERFED BEFORE HE HT 50...CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THE FRUSTRATION!!!

I think not...

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by old.Nol
NONE OF YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND!!1! GLOTTIS CHOSE A SCOUT BECAUSE THEY WERE UBER AND THEY GOT NERFED BEFORE HE HT 50...CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THE FRUSTRATION!!!

I think not...

I actually solod my scout to 50 a while after they had been nerfed.
I was warned by Jergiot and some other scouts how shite the SB plague was, I just never believed it could be so bad.
Right now I could not care less about SB's, they are getting gimped pretty good soon, so all will be well.
Regards, Glottis

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by StormriderX

There is a difference to playing an archer, or playing an inf, sb, or ns with see hidden...
kk, fo, thx.
Regards, Glottis

N

noaim

I actually solod my scout to 50 a while after they had been nerfed.
I was warned by Jergiot and some other scouts how shite the SB plague was, I just never believed it could be so bad.
Right now I could not care less about SB's, they are getting gimped pretty good soon, so all will be well.
Regards, Glottis

Critblades will still hand you your ass tho, and you will keep whining.

Users who are viewing this thread