Football The (bacon) General Forum Football Thread.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I kind of agree with you Wazz, but you are not giving the players enough credit.

Fletcher is world class as a central mid, he really has everything. The fouling and kicking is only a label from arsene being bitter. Evra is the best left back in the world along with Cole, Clichy was as good, but is too inconsistent of late.

Of our starting line up against you I do agree there were a lot of great, but not world class players.

Carrick is a matter of personal opinion, I think he is great for us, and would be in any top team.

As for world class players in our squad, we have far more than Arsenal do. You only have Van Persie, Arshavin and Fagregas. The rest are made better by Wenger.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Why the need to compare what teams do or don't have? I never made any claims that Arsenal had more world class players, or better ones? Just that Man Utd isn't full of world-beaters. :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Spurs battered us for the entire game apart from the last 10 minutes of the first half. It could of been at least 6-1 if Defoe had took all his chances.

Well done Spurs, I will now be rooting for you to win it as I do like Harry :D

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Finally, we're through

Spurs battered us for the entire game apart from the last 10 minutes of the first half. It could of been at least 6-1 if Defoe had took all his chances.

Well done Spurs, I will now be rooting for you to win it as I do like Harry :D

We've been doing this for the last few games, battering teams but failing to convert chances. We've now got a MASSIVE game on Saturday at home to Villa, we'll need to convert our chances then I think

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well I'm happy overall - it was a good game in good spirit and I think Leeds played well but were just outclassed when it came to the crunch. We still took Manure out of the comp ;)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Bah I was really pulling for Leeds last night, the more competitions they stay in the more likely they are to lose a bit of league focus :D

Trem

Bah I was really pulling for Leeds last night, the more competitions they stay in the more likely they are to lose a bit of league focus :D

:eek:

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
It highlighted how shit Beckford is IMO though.

Snodgrass is a decent player though.

Marc

FH is my second home
It highlighted how shit Beckford is IMO though.

Well thats np for you then as already agreed a contract with Everton for next season with Leeds blessings. Fee to be discussed at end of the season.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well thats np for you then as already agreed a contract with Everton for next season with Leeds blessings. Fee to be discussed at end of the season.

why would there be a fee, he is free to discuss a contract with any club as his Leeds contract is up in June. So no fee.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So, Euro groups. England have got themselves a fairly easy draw, NI and Scotland are fucked. Ireland is kind of middling (Slovakia are their main rival - Russia are probably beyond them). Wales are in England's group but Switzerland and Bulgaria are too...

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Apparently, so I heard on the telly today, there's only 1 team in London :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Good win for us today, managed to grind one out.

Beat the Scouse reds in all 3 matches this season. \o/

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Chelsea slip again, United drop points but with 10 men and still should have won really. Arsenal do the Scousers in, lovely stuff. :D

Turamber

Part of the furniture
United drop points but with 10 men and still should have won really.

No, not really. Rooney played well and Valencia had a go down the right, but you didn't have too many chances. Had the better of the second half to be fair, we didn't appear to have a clue how to play you with the extra man.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hopefully the next edit will be 'Slap your tits and rub my balls on your nose!' in honour of the greatest band alive, the legendary Steel Panther! :D

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Yep, had that added for a while. Normal footie on ITV looks like a cine film on my 50" plasma.

Fast

Part of the furniture
Had this as an email, thought I would share it :)

FOOTBALL RANT!

I hate Harry f'ing Redknapp. And Jamie Redknapp. And Louise Redknapp. And the Wii.

I hate James Nesbitt, Eammon Holmes and f***ing everyone.

I hate Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer.

I hate Garth Crooks.

I hate Garth Brooks for that matter.

I hate Sky Sports.

I hate that when a lower league player beats 10 players and chips the keeper it doesn't matter but if Rooney scores from more than 20 yards it's amazing.

I hate that everything football related has to have 'Club Foot' playing behind it.

I hate that female sports journos are now mandatory.

I hate Mark Lawrensen for not coming out. 'I do like a big man at the back'. I bet you do.

I hate any advert that portrays football to be about anything other than pain and disappointment.

I hate any advert that mentions pies at football.

I hate Lee Hughes and the fact that he makes a living from the game. I hate Marlon King and any team that signs him when he gets out. I hate that it'll probably be us.

I hate Phil Brown.

I hate 'well the ball is a lot lighter now and will cause goalkeepers real problems this summer' before EVERY F'ING TOURNAMENT.

I hate that Kieron Dyer earned more in the time I took to write this post than I'll earn this month.
I hate Adrian Durham, Ian Wright and Alan Brazil.

I hate Gazza. Either die or shut up. Stop f'ing lingering.

I hate that a comeback from 4-0 down at half time means nothing unless you’re f'ing scouse.

I hate Leeds.

I hate Roy Keane.

I hate grown men wearing football shirts of their team whilst shopping on a saturday when their team is playing at home.

I hate that I don't hate Roy Hodgson.

I hate Jermaine Beckford and any player who has neck tattoos.

I hate songs being inappropriately taken as club anthems and then sung in a manly way. 'I'm forever blowing bubbles....'. Gaylords.

I hate Danny Dyer and anyone he's ever interviewed.

I hate the book 'Cass' by Cass Pennant. It is honestly the stupidest thing I've ever read. Chapter 1: Millwall. 'Yeah we took 50 to Millwall. They had 1000 in their mob but we ran 'em up and down the street'. Chapter 2: Liverpool. 'Yeah we took 50 to Liverpool. They had 2000 in their mob but we ran 'em up and down the street'. Fk me... Jade Goody's autobiography is probably better. Even her non-ghost written one.

I hate that all good youngsters end their careers at Spurs before they start.

I hate the Prem and the myth that it is exciting this year. Man City breaking into the top four isn't exciting. They spent loads of money. It's no more exciting than that Nameless C*** getting to number 1 in the charts after winning the X-Factor.

I hate the myth of Arsene's kids. Buying some French kid when he's 17, playing him in the League Cup and then selling him when he's 20 after about 3 appearances in the league is NOTHING SPECIAL.

I hate hearing about Liverpool/Man Utd's debt but nothing ever happening about it. A club needs to go to the wall for the money thing to change but it doesn't happen. Why the **** are Charlton, Leeds and Southampton still in business?

I hate Frank Lampard's stupid f'ing face. I hate that Joe Cole's tongue is never in his mouth, the downsy spacker. I hate John Terry being England captain when he's CLEARLY AN OAF.

I hate the England team.

I hate the FA Cup. There may be the odd little shock for the most part you know who's going to win it. Unless a team throws away all their financial security to win it a la Pompey.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Test post - please ignore

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Trem

Mighty Stoke apparently, pwned Man City I hear :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Made me happy, a couple of dirty blue friends were looking none too happy this morning. :D Bye-bye Mancinio, hello Mourinho! :D Farce of a football club.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I don't think Mancini will go, it's Cook that needs to go. He really is a PR disaster for City.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom