Football The (bacon) General Forum Football Thread.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If some unlikely underdog results come in today I could be over £20k richer from a 50p bet. Not going to happen, but at odds of 45000-1 I couldn't resist.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
If some unlikely underdog results come in today I could be over £20k richer from a 50p bet. Not going to happen, but at odds of 45000-1 I couldn't resist.

Hmm, Accrington to beat Fulham, Notts Co to beat Wigan and Brighton to beat Villa?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
No, it was Hull, Palace, Brighton, Birmingham and Leeds. Didn't work :D

Birmingham were 4-1 though, should have stuck a few quid on that on its own tbh.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Surely only a matter of time before Spurs slot one in. :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
ahhhh last minute pen!

Don't know which dirty scummy side I want to lose more right now....

Great pen, guess I get to hope for defeat for both teams again in the replay :)

JingleBells

FH is my second home
ahhhh last minute pen!

For the love of god, we've now had 33 shots on target in our last 2 home games and come away with 2 goals and 2 draws.

We've completely forgotten how to score goals since the 9 we scored against Wigan

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
ahhhh last minute pen!

You can't separate one lump of white dog shit from another. ;)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Great result for Leeds, they looked impressive throughout I thought. And the replay will be an extra game the Spuds could do without, which is all gravy.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
For the love of god, we've now had 33 shots on target in our last 2 home games and come away with 2 goals and 2 draws

Sounds like a Liverpool side tbfh. Apart from the fact that the shots on target figure is woefully inadequate ;)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Great result for Leeds, they looked impressive throughout I thought. And the replay will be an extra game the Spuds could do without, which is all gravy.

Get the fuck in tbh!!!

We were equal to Spurs and deserved at least a draw from the game. But fuck me was the ref on the Spurs payroll or what, he was shocking and so biased it was cringe worthy.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Get the fuck in tbh!!!

We were equal to Spurs and deserved at least a draw from the game. But fuck me was the ref on the Spurs payroll or what, he was shocking and so biased it was cringe worthy.

Ahahahaha, what game were you watching? Ankergren had a stunning game, but we had 17 shots on target compared to your 5, infact in the first half we should've been at least 2-0 up thanks to Defoe's inept penalty (I hate penalties, we can't fucking score from them), and probably should've scored 3 or 4. As for the ref, how can he help it if you insist on hacking our men down, 6 Leeds players booked?

I've got no complaint over the penalty, an utterly stupid challenge from Dawson which he didn't need to make but we should've been more than 1 goal up in the last minute, it's our own fucking fault. Fulham on weds is now a massive game

Trem

I watched the game where we were as good as Spurs in every area apart from our finishing, we would of done better if Johnson wasn't such a numpty, the difference for the last 10 minutes when he went off was clear to see. Also lets not forget that we are 2 leagues below you and I remember Leeds missing as many chances, by rights we should of been 2-0 up at half time.

Fear Elland Road my friend :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I watched the game where we were as good as Spurs in every area apart from our finishing, we would of done better if Johnson wasn't such a numpty, the difference for the last 10 minutes when he went off was clear to see. Also lets not forget that we are 2 leagues below you and I remember Leeds missing as many chances, by rights we should of been 2-0 up at half time.

Fear Elland Road my friend :D

So you have no defence for your ref comment? Cause I have to agree with JB here, and I don't like the spuds either. What crazy Leeds goggles were you watching the game with?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
In fairness, I think Leeds were a match for Spurs, but only from a quarter or so into the game. At the start we didn't have our shape, passing or confidence at all... I think Defoe's crap penalty was one of the things that jolted us into action. From then on, though, we played very well indeed and the result is a fair one.

Trem

So you have no defence for your ref comment? Cause I have to agree with JB here, and I don't like the spuds either. What crazy Leeds goggles were you watching the game with?

I have no defence? Anyone who watched the game could see he was a dick, a Spurs player wrestled one of ours to the ground in the second half and the Leeds player got booked for it, do I need to defend what everyone could see?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
OK, so which **** is preventing me from being top of the FH fantasy league eh? I'm top of work and mates ones, so this really wont do!

At least I'm not far behind, I will be victorious soon enough.

On another note we were fucking awful yesterday. We make some progress in certain areas and then take the same amount of steps back in other areas. Grrr. Injuries really showed for us yesterday, no natural striker on due to 2 injured and one coming back from a long lay off. Perhaps if Arshavin hadn't been as greedy at the start it could have been different but that's an even bigger football 'if' than usual. :D

The really depressing part is it had to be fucking Nani of all people. I don't mind losing to Man U normally (even though they're a team of VERY average players, the only winning difference is Ferguson) but losing to a player with the worst football brain ever is a real shambles.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The really depressing part is it had to be fucking Nani of all people. I don't mind losing to Man U normally (even though they're a team of VERY average players, the only winning difference is Ferguson) but losing to a player with the worst football brain ever is a real shambles.

Fuckin LOL! You've got to be kidding. I was there yesterday and the hackneyed "men v. boys" line couldn't have been more apposite. There wasn't an Arsenal player on the pitch superior to his opposite number, so if United's players are "average" then god knows what that says about your lot.

The thing that struck me most about the current Arsenal side is attitude; they fold WAY too easily.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Take the united players out of Utd and put them in any premiership team, and apart from a few players they are very average.

van der Sar - Good GK, past his best. Looks better because of the lack of good GKs about at the moment (this is a worldwide issue).
Rafael - his special move is to get skinned, then haul someone down. He offers very little else, he's shakey defensively, not too bad going forward.
Brown - one of the most average players to ever play football. Decent, but nothing good or worth commenting on.
Evans - Has stepped in very well this season, a bit too early to tell what he'll be like.
Evra - one of Utd's best, a very solid player. I personally don't like him but have to give him credit.

Carrick - Goes missing for about 75% of the season each year, does very little. Can't tackle well and isn't the best passer of the ball.
Fletcher - Runs around kicking people and berating the referee. He has no talent at all, although Man U play much better with him in the team than without him.
Scholes - another player WELL past his best, as shown by horrible lapses this season (most notably against Fulham). Great passer of the ball but he doesn't score any more and can't tackle at all.

Nani - no football brain, a few tricks but no idea how to play in a team.
Park - highly industrious, hard worker, but again doesn't have a lot about him.
Rooney - no comment needed.

Whether or not Arsenal players played well on the day is irrelevant. Take the Man Utd players out of Man Utd and away from Fergie and they're not great players. They're good players that play brilliantly as a team under Fergie.

If you really think Fabregas isn't better than Carrick you're a total fucking moron. Playing well in one game does not make one player better than the other, that's a totally insane thing to suggest.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Park - highly industrious, hard worker, but again doesn't have a lot about him.

Aside from making perfectly timed runs off the balls, into various channels and tying up defenders that would rather be elsewhere sure he does not do alot :m00:

Park is one of the most under rated players around.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
He's a good player aye, but take him out of Man U and put him in any other decent team in the league - would he improve that team, or would he simply come in and do a job?

This is the point I'm making. Man Utd are full of good, but unremarkable players. When moulded by Fergie into a team, somehow they turn out to be a fantastic unit. I believe this to be solely down to Fergie, and not much to the players. He does it time and time again, somehow balancing average and very good players into a great unit. They'll be royally screwed if the red-faced one every decides he's too old.

Man Utd are a great team because of their manager, not necessarily because of their players.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Man Utd are a great team because of their manager, not necessarily because of their players.

I disagree completely.

Every team has journeymen or players who can 'do a job' but, in the relatively recent past, the scum has had some fantastic players to pepper amongst these other players.

Not only that, these 'other' players aren't shit - they're still mostly better than the rest.

Thirdly, he's got fuckloads of them, without a massive tail-off in quality, so if he loses one, he can bring another one in and it makes fuck all difference to his team's performance.

Man U do well because of money. The fact that Ronaldo left has made them look significantly less shiny, but it hasn't turned the team into a turd....

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
He's a good player aye, but take him out of Man U and put him in any other decent team in the league - would he improve that team, or would he simply come in and do a job?

This is the point I'm making. Man Utd are full of good, but unremarkable players. When moulded by Fergie into a team, somehow they turn out to be a fantastic unit. I believe this to be solely down to Fergie, and not much to the players. He does it time and time again, somehow balancing average and very good players into a great unit. They'll be royally screwed if the red-faced one every decides he's too old.

You know what Waz? Probably the best post you have ever made. He does what Cloughie managed to do 2-3 decades ago, get great things from good players.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Man U do well because of money.

Really? Evra, Brown, Evans, Rafhael, Scholes and Park all costs us a fortune right? Vidic? Nope. VDS? Nope.

Peppered with expensive players yes, but Waz was explaining that it is what Fergie does with the inexpensive players that makes United special. Some of his big money signings have been abject failures but most of his freebies or sub-£10 million buys have done the business. Especially if you go back to the begining of the Premier League.

People like David May, Ronney Johnson, Henning Berg, Dion Dublin, Dennis Irwin, Van Der Gouw all made massive contributions at important points. None of them stars, none of them big fees, all of them winners.

You know what Scouse, you had a manager who was doing the same to an extent. Who would have thought that even for a year or so Hyypia and Henchoz would form a mighty Liverpool defence any era would have been proud of?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
You know what Waz? Probably the best post you have ever made. He does what Cloughie managed to do 2-3 decades ago, get great things from good players.

Yup. I remember when Strachan was in charge of us and we got the FA cup final, and finished 8th in the prem. Our players were shit, but Strachan showed his class as a manager.

Our record signing at that time (and still is actually) was Rory Delap, who we paid £4m for.

Trem

Park is a great player and Evra is the best in the world for his position and I think Nani may at last be showing his potential, god knows how its happened but I reckon he has played very well the last couple of games. Maybe he has some new Soul Glow.

Trem

How dare you!!

Beer and drugs and Jackey D do NOT make a man fucked......oh jesus christ I am so out of it :( I am seeing 2 of everything but only 1 of my testes, what the fuck is that alla bout

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom