Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
@Gwadien, @caLLous, @Aoami

View: https://twitter.com/JamesMilner/status/1332742400981172225?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Milner also "talking shit" I guess.

How many pros have to talk shit before some people will realise the mistake we've made.

Yes, not heard a peep out of a single Liverpool player until a perfectly legit decision goes against them lol. VAR is here to stay. It has been implemented badly, there is more or less universal agreement about this, but the technology is here to stay.

Also, I can tell you that 99% of fans only enjoy the game more when the scousers get upset about something.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's funny that you're comparing Aoami's response to a brexiteer when it appears you want to abandon something rather than exploring if there's a way to make it work properly.
It fundamentally changes the nature of the game from one based around immediate, human, fallible decision making to something else.

You can implement it any way you like but, fundamentally, you can never change that.

It robs us of one of football's greatest ingredients. It's humanity.

Anyway - argue with the pros - I've made my point repeatedly over the last two years. You were wrong then, you're wrong now - and the pro's agree with me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes, not heard a peep out of a single Liverpool player until a perfectly legit decision goes against them lol.
Willfully disregarding maureen and guardiola and the non-liverpool players eh?

Fair enough.

Gwadien

It fundamentally changes the nature of the game from one based around immediate, human, fallible decision making to something else.

You can implement it any way you like but, fundamentally, you can never change that.

It robs us of one of football's greatest ingredients. It's humanity.

Anyway - argue with the pros - I've made my point repeatedly over the last two years. You were wrong then, you're wrong now - and the pro's agree with me.

Yeah, and humanity will flip over it's argument if a hand of god scenario happened at an important match in the future but because we scrapped VAR...

You know they will.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Look at all of those highly relevant images Liverpool's social media team I mean James Milner attached to that tweet.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Willfully disregarding maureen and guardiola and the non-liverpool players eh?

Fair enough.
If you read and quoted the rest of my post, rather than just the bit that suits your argument, you would see that what I am saying lines up with what the bald fraud etc are saying. Also... Maureen? When was the last time you actually watched a game of football? It's not 2006 any more.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Another thing, when you actually go to a game of football rather than just watch it on TV like the rest of the Liverpool "fans", there is nothing better than the opposition celebrating a goal only for VAR to overturn it. One of the best feelings in the world lol.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
One more thing, when the backpass rule was changed so keepers couldn't pick the ball up anymore, who were the people who moaned about it? The pros, because it made their lives harder, and they said it was having a negative impact on the game and causing more long ball football, which the fans don't want. Yet it's heralded as the single most influential change in making the Premier League what it is today, because it actually had completely the opposite effect.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
index.php

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Another thing, when you actually go to a game of football rather than just watch it on TV like the rest of the Liverpool "fans", there is nothing better than the opposition celebrating a goal only for VAR to overturn it. One of the best feelings in the world lol.
Says it all really.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
You still let a 2 goal lead slip though. :(
I know. We are points dropped FC at the moment. We have a decent first XI but our squad depth is terrible compared to the big boys. United bring on Cavani, we bring on Shane Long, who has 1 goal in his last 58 sub appearances now. United were the better team for most of the match anyway to be honest. 2 moments of brilliance from JWP was all we had over the 90 minutes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep. It's a celebration of "not a goal".

Something fundamentally cynical about that, caused by the existence of VAR and is something else that players, managers and pundits have also spoken aboit.

It's not a celebration of something cool a player or team did. It's the prompting of jeering by something that happens off the pitch.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
To be fair, laughing at the opponents misfortune is a big part of live football.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
If you only think about the game on that level, yep, indeed.

It's just part of the match day experience lol. I bet you're the kind of person who listens to the guardian football podcast and has a pokey bum wank over barcelona tapping the ball back and forth to each other in a triangle.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be fair, laughing at the opponents misfortune is a big part of live football.
Absolutely it is.

But VAR has brought about a structural change that both managers and pundits alike have expressed their distaste for. We should be celebrating stuff that teams do on the pitch.

Of course, laughing at the opposing team and their supporters is integral to the game. It's part of the cocktail that has made football great.

I guess it's pointless discussing the finer points on here. Gwadien, for example, keeps making this argument all about me - and nobody seems to want to engage with the fact that the players and managers seem to have near universal hatred of it.

If the general public can't see the difference between on and off pitch activity and what that means for the game then I dispair. Maybe the accusations about football fans hold more than a grain of truth. :(

Gwadien

You're the one on the religious crusade about VAR lol, I don't think anyone else really cares that much (like the EU) but lets try to see if we can get it working, rather than chucking it out because some Liverpool players are upset :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Wow. What a cunt @Gwadien.

All the players, managers and pundits, who support teams all across the league (and the arguments from europeans who hate it too) I've referenced to, linked to, and you still try to make it all about me.

But the most shocking thing here is that you expect better from a teacher. Disagree away - but not even engaging with the actual argument is juvenile.

Maybe @MYstIC G is right. We're all like Job.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

All the players, managers and pundits, who support teams all across the league (and the arguments from europeans who hate it too) I've referenced to, linked to, and you still try to make it all about me.

But the most shocking thing here is that you expect better from a teacher. Disagree away - but not even engaging with the actual argument is juvenile.

Jesus christ, get off your high horse. I notice you completely ignored my post about all the players and managers moaning about the backpass rule change as well, despite it being cited as the change that made Premier League the greatest league in the world.

You are also ignoring the fact that there seems to be universal agreement in this thread that VAR has been implemented badly, which lines up with what everyone is saying other than Hendo, Milner and Klopp because they got done over by it the other day, even though it was a clear pen. Liverpool are clearly struggling with the pressure of being champions, cos they seem to need something to moan about every 5 minutes.

Gwadien

I'm the one not engaging in the argument? You're the one who's calling everyone who doesn't agree with you an idiot and you want people to respond? lol.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Keeping making it about liverpool there @Aoami.

I guess football is purely a tribal thing for you and you can't/don't want to talk about it without the team-focussed lens.

I'd addressed the point about implementation too btw (multiple times over the past 18 months and recently in this thread) but you either can't see that or are ignoring that too.

It's *fuck all* to do with lollerpool.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Keeping making it about liverpool there @Aoami.

I guess football is purely a tribal thing for you and you can't/don't want to talk about it without the team-focussed lens.

I'd addressed the point about implementation too btw (multiple times over the past 18 months and recently in this thread) but you either can't see that or are ignoring that too.

It's *fuck all* to do with lollerpool.

I'm making it about Liverpool cos they're the only ones saying get rid of VAR, whilst everyone else is saying improve it.

Also, yes, football is tribal to me. I'm from Southampton, I support Southampton because I want the team to do well because when we're in the prem, the economic benefits to what is a pretty run-down city are enourmous. And I fucking hate Portsmouth. Football to me is a lot more than sitting on my sofa drinking a craft beer on a sunday afternoon, posting on a forum about how shit VAR is cos my team dropped points.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom