Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Gray

FH is my second home
Pickford did us proud

When will the silly twats learn about those stupid penalties? Real clever aren't they

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Very young team, reached the final and outplayed Italy for parts of the game. Looking good for next year!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fucking hell, man. Southgate has undone a lot of the good work he did building himself up during the tournament. Saka and Henderson were panicky, reactive subs that achieved the square root of fuck all between them (Saka in particular looked completely out of his depth after putting in decent performances earlier in the tournament) and the two players he brought on expressly to take pens both shat the bed. Saka should never have been taking a pen, why didn't Sterling take it ffs.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Theres nothing wrong with those players. Southgate needs a plan B. He has to unshakle them at the right time. We all knew his conservatism would bite them on the arse eventually

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Sancho, I kinda got, but Rashford? When was the last time he touched a football in a match?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Always an issue when your game plan was to sit back and defend the lead. Difficult to change gears and get on the front foot again. Need players running at their center backs, both on yellow.
This. It never works.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Shame. A lot of things wrong tonight. Clearly wasn't a plan for us taking an early lead, far far too defensive for a lot of the game, always a risk when you start 3atb (I do think it was the correct formation to start with tho). Too many kids taking pens, a lot of bad subs. Bah. Oh well, we've done great to get to the final so I'm still very pleased.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Fucking hell, man. Southgate has undone a lot of the good work he did building himself up during the tournament. Saka and Henderson were panicky, reactive subs that achieved the square root of fuck all between them (Saka in particular looked completely out of his depth after putting in decent performances earlier in the tournament) and the two players he brought on expressly to take pens both shat the bed. Saka should never have been taking a pen, why didn't Sterling take it ffs.

Saka looked out of his depth against Denmark in the semi, which is why he was hooked early. It's not to do with this talent, he looked overwhelmed. I was shocked when Southgate bought him on today, awful idea.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Pickford did us proud

When will the silly twats learn about those stupid penalties? Real clever aren't they
Completely with this. Rashford missed because he was twatting about. He's a fucking striker. He should walk up, stick it in the net, no nonsense.

Ah well. We'll see if Southgate can do "plan b" from now on.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Same old nameless racist fuckbags, as usual using social media:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
So now that UEFA have got their money now that tournament is over will there be some more repercussions for the violence at Wembley? Videos both before and after game of violence and people punching kids is kinda horrific

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Throw the lot of them in prison, I am sick and tired of stupid fucks doing this shit before, during and after football matches. They really wouldn't be much of a loss to society, absolute dregs, all of them.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Throw the lot of them in prison, I am sick and tired of stupid fucks doing this shit before, during and after football matches. They really wouldn't be much of a loss to society, absolute dregs, all of them.
Just no excuse for it. Club football is relatively free of it now, I'm not sure why these twats think England games are an excuse to behave like this.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just no excuse for it. Club football is relatively free of it now, I'm not sure why these twats think England games are an excuse to behave like this.
Because: Nationalism.

International football is a magenet for nationalists. Club football is moronically tribal (of course), but England matches appeal to every single one of those morons to put down their tribal idiocy and start punching people for a different, larger, retarded imaginary ideal.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Lol I've got my mates mum on Facebook, and she is pretty racist and went mad over BLM the Palestine protests etc.

She commented on a video of the England fans breaking into wembley saying 'theyre just letting off anger because of how the world is right now.'

Never felt more justified in my world view before.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
25 million watched it on BBC to ITV's 6 million...so I was bang on :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Completely with this. Rashford missed because he was twatting about. He's a fucking striker. He should walk up, stick it in the net, no nonsense.

Ah well. We'll see if Southgate can do "plan b" from now on.
He has taken many many pens and scored them like that. Its his method.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Placing the ball looks great and makes a goal keeper look a fool, the problem being when you do it badly it makes you look like a fool.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Truth is, we should have build on that 1.0, Italy were shell shocked for a good 10-15 mins.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah. You can boo because you hate the politicisation of your entertainment.

The taking the knee annoys me because it makes me think about racism and all this shit rather than whether my team is going to play well.

Understand the need for it - but I think racism is as endemic amongst the rich in the UK as it is in working class morons. So targetting footie actually covers up that lie.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Only issue I've got with the taking of the knee is the gesture itself - I'd rather we came up with our own rather than importing more crass Americanisms. Millwall responded to the booing by linking arms instead, and from what I can tell, as soon as they did that the booing stopped.

I'd say England has a lot to be proud of though - which hurts to say as a Scot - but you went further than anyone expected and only lost to the best team in the tournament on penalties. Considering how young the team is I think you can be fairly confident of it coming home over the next few years.

You need to get rid of Southgate though going by his tactics last night. Far too timid in the second half, bizarre substitutions (Trippier was twice the player Saka was, and waiting until extra time to bring Grealish on considering the situation was criminal) - and for fuck's sake, if you're going to bring players on to take penalties, bring them on early enough so they can get a kick of the ball and get into the game first. Probably don't leave the crucial penalty to a 19 year old either.

Fair play to Italy also. 33 games unbeaten and worthy winners overall, even if they did resort to the usual Italian shithousery to get there.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It's a shame cos Southgate really looked like he was going to prove the critics wrong, just to revert to type in the final and play too defensive, and make poor subs. I think he should be kept on though, and hope he learns from his mistakes. Although it was quite similar to what happened in the SF in 2018, but he also got the starting line up wrong then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom