Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
By now I imagine it's out of principle, who wants to be 4th, 5th, 6th choice? That's quite an anchor around your neck.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
By now I imagine it's out of principle, who wants to be 4th, 5th, 6th choice? That's quite an anchor around your neck.
Get Teddy Sheringham in. He did a great job at Stevenage lol. Nrly got us relegated.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Southgate might be available in a week or so.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
OK, call the rest of the match off please. We will stay with that table.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They are getting pretty riled up too, can see a red coming soon. Grealish would drive them up the wall.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Is Jules Kounde supposed to be good, so far this game he has been terrible and then gives away a penalty.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So we've got Germany in the next round (unless something happens in the other match).

Edit - nothing happened in the other match.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm not convinced about Nuno, not sure why. I think feel that Wolves have acheived because of the players, not because of the manager, and it seems like the players are just given to Wolves by Mendes. The fact that Nuno almost signed for Palace shows me what he thinks his level is imo. I struggle to see how he will take Spurs to the next level.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He's BTEC Mourinho, without any of the trophies. He'd be a dreadful appointment and it'd mean we'd be getting even further into bed with Jorge fucking Mendes as well. Just awful all round.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I don't know, small budget, plays interesting football and gets the best out of average players. Kane will likely be off anyway now, I doubt this merry-go-round is going to be helping to convince him to stay for another season. When Kane does leave, you just know that money won't be put back into the squad.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I don't know, small budget, plays interesting football and gets the best out of average players. Kane will likely be off anyway now, I doubt this merry-go-round is going to be helping to convince him to stay for another season. When Kane does leave, you just know that money won't be put back into the squad.
I disagree that he gets the best out of average players, I think that there is a huge amount of talent of Wolves, thanks to Mendes. They massively underperformed last year.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They were shocking last season, consistently towards the bottom of the table (if not actually at the bottom) for all of the "how good a team is going forward" stats. Expected goals - 16th, possession won in the final third - 18th, goals per match - 16th.

This is what Levy said in a letter to fans at the end of the season:

We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent.

None of the above represents free-flowing, attacking or entertaining football - Wolves were a dreadful watch last year. And Mendes will force his own players into the team and then transfer them elsewhere at a moment's notice because he's had a better offer which will massively disrupt the progress of several of our own really promising young players. Part of the reason for being so against Nuno is because he's a Mendes client and with him comes Mendes. It was one of the (many) black marks against Gattuso as well - he's another Mendes client and reportedly wanted to take a load of Mendes players to Fiorentina - they said no and he walked after 22 days or whatever it was. Mendes is cancer.

There was quite a bit of chatter about Gerrard yesterday which, after what he's done to what was a complete shambles at Rangers, was actually pretty interesting. The other one is Potter, who a lot of fans actually wanted from the off. I'd take either of those in a heartbeat over Nuno. I'm so done with dour football.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I think Gerrard would be worth a punt, hard to see him coming to the prem for anyone other than Liverpool though imo. I also put Potter in the Nuno bracket. Brighton spend a lot more money than the likes of Southampton, who had the worst record in the entirety of Europe in the second half of last season, and still finished above Brighton.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
WHat Levy says and what he'll pay for are two different things.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I think Gerrard would be worth a punt, hard to see him coming to the prem for anyone other than Liverpool though imo. I also put Potter in the Nuno bracket. Brighton spend a lot more money than the likes of Southampton, who had the worst record in the entirety of Europe in the second half of last season, and still finished above Brighton.
If you bolt a decent striker onto the front of that Brighton team they'd have finished in the top half of the table - they were 7th in the league in xG and 4th in xGA, they conceded the joint fewest goals (and had the second best goal difference - by miles) in the bottom half of the table. They just couldn't finish a lot of the chances they created. And you finished 2 points above them and were top of the league at one point (sigh, I remember being top of the league at one point) - I'd say that gave you a bit of a head start. :)

Also, Gerrard is almost nailed-on to take over from Klopp in 2024 (I think that's the end of his contract) so it could be good for him to get a couple of seasons of Premier League management under his belt before that. It could be good for us as well, he has (with his backroom staff) totally transformed Rangers.

Ten Hag is supposedly still an option as well but to be honest, we've fucked him and Ajax around so much over the last month, I wouldn't be surprised if he told us to go and play in the traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom