Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I agree but also will cut them some slack, everyone watching that was in shock. Was sitting watching the game with kids and turned it off when we realised they were doing CPR, didn't want them to sit an watch someone die on live tv. So yes studios should have cut but power to not watch it rests with people at home too

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I agree but also will cut them some slack, everyone watching that was in shock. Was sitting watching the game with kids and turned it off when we realised they were doing CPR, didn't want them to sit an watch someone die on live tv. So yes studios should have cut but power to not watch it rests with people at home too
The hypocrisy did cross my mind of thinking "I can't believe they're showing this" as I sat glued to the screen. As soon as they saw the CPR they should've just gone to wide stadium shots, I couldn't believe they went back in and we saw defib pulses.

Anyway, encouraging news from the Danish FA this morning...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

View: https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1403803425909968896

View: https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1403778074991370245

he says they were put of their control. But they could have cut back to the studio and time and not broadcast the local feed. Which they should have done as soon as they saw chest compressions Tbh.

Easy to say, but it's also not clear about the state of the people watching in the studio. Obviously Lineker has been around a long time, but he was with 3 very inexperienced broadcasters.

People could've just turned their TVs over if they didn't want to watch it.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
I spent a good few minutes wondering why Ellen Degeneres was playing for England. It was just Phil Foden.

On another note, Kalvin Phillips is great.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Great start, I should accuse Sterling of being wasteful more often.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Thought the commentary team on BBC was very good today 😉
View attachment 44406
Fuck me, it's 1988 again.

Very impressed with Phillips today, thought he was excellent. Never been enamoured with him before, so delighted to have been proved wrong. We made a good Croatia side look average - it's definitely coming home!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Had a great time in the pub, couldn't see the screen properly because it was so sunny. Table of twats. Everything that makes watching football in the pub so great.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I can't work out if people post this stuff because they find it funny or if they do it as a type of protest...
To a gen x‘er its amusing seeing the younger gens get upset that it exists.

i like Alex scott think she is great. And the rhythmic gymnast on the left. Donno much about the other two.

i guess there are some that hate its a thing. But sometimes you just got to take things lightly and not think the hell out of them and work put who it is you are being offended on behalf of.

thats not aimed at you @Gwadien just a general statement

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

i like Alex scott think she is great. And the rhythmic gymnast on the left. Donno much about the other two.

i guess there are some that hate its a thing. But sometimes you just got to take things lightly and not think the hell out of them and work put who it is you are being offended on behalf of.

thats not aimed at you @Gwadien just a general statement

I'm not upset at all, and this is the thing, I don't think anyone really gets upset by those kind of jokes, just more of a pity for those that enjoy those kind of jokes because they're clearly not funny, they're just some weird attempt to claw back humour that has naturally died out.

I think you only find it 'funny' because you think it might offend someone.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Whats amusing about it?

Nothing upsetting about it, just makes people like you and the person who posted it look old and out of touch. Just really sad to be honest.

How does it feel knowing the world has moved on and left you behind?

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Whats amusing about it?

Nothing upsetting about it, just makes people like you and the person who posted it look old and out of touch. Just really sad to be honest.

How does it feel knowing the world has moved on and left you behind?
It did that a long time ago

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'm not upset at all, and this is the thing, I don't think anyone really gets upset by those kind of jokes, just more of a pity for those that enjoy those kind of jokes because they're clearly not funny, they're just some weird attempt to claw back humour that has naturally died out.

I think you only find it 'funny' because you think it might offend someone.
I know you are not upset which is why i deliberately stated it wasnt aimed at you

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It clearly was aimed at me though otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it, lol.

Why didn't you quote @Aoami with the same post?
I deliverately stated at the end of the post it was a general statement. T just yours was the last post in the chain. Ffs man stop thinking your so special it has to be you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom