Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Henderson has said that the Liverpool dressing room aren't interested.

Absolute dumpster fire and this will roll on for a while.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
First official confirmation.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I wonder if Chelsea and City have not signed anything yet and can just pull out early. Not a lot seems to be coming out of other clubs, except for resignations.

Also, if the rest have already signed legally binding documents, how much damage will be done by pulling out.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I wonder if Chelsea and City have not signed anything yet and can just pull out early. Not a lot seems to be coming out of other clubs, except for resignations.

Also, if the rest have already signed legally binding documents, how much damage will be done by pulling out.
Spanish and Italian clubs are in very deep according to some sources

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Reports from Spain saying Chelsea still officially in but expressing big doubt, Atleti & Barca still in. Only City officially out.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
At the rate clubs are pulling out, the remaining teams could make it a summer tourney played over 3-4 weeks.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sky are definitely sticking the boot in.

They obviously weren't invited to the table then.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Let the legal shenanigans begin.

As Neville said, I hope they eat each other.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Fucking bottlers. This is the worst outcome. It will all be forgotten about in a week, all the idiots will go back to supporting their brands and nothing will change, and premier league football will remain enjoyable for fans of 6 clubs.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The other clubs in the English leagues should stick another 0 on any price of players for the 'big 6'

Embattle

FH is my second home
I do think there is a considerable amount of hypocrisy from certain groups regarding this super league with some of what has been said from UEFA/FIFA, Players, etc.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Fucking bottlers. This is the worst outcome. It will all be forgotten about in a week, all the idiots will go back to supporting their brands and nothing will change, and premier league football will remain enjoyable for fans of 6 clubs.

You think Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham fans are enjoying the Prem? You've not been paying much attention.

Ironically, its because "six into four won't go" that so many Premier League clubs signed up for this shitshow in the first place. Although it doesn't really look like it this season, the Prem is a much more competitive league than any other top flight in Europe. Rant about greed by all means, but even "well run" leagues, like Germany, aren't necessarily competitive

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
You think Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham fans are enjoying the Prem? You've not been paying much attention.

Must be really hard to be a fan of team who are non competitive for a season or 2.

How is it competitive this year? City will win the league at a canter. France is way more competitive. Just because football is fucked in the rest of europe doesn't mean it's ok that it is in England.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I do think there is a considerable amount of hypocrisy from certain groups regarding this super league with some of what has been said from UEFA/FIFA, Players, etc.

Massive hypocrisy. UEFA, FIFA and the Tory party are corrupt shitshows. Fans thing it's ok for teams to spend hundreds of millions of what is essentially their money on players, but are bemoaning Super League greed. Not sure many players will be handing back salaries saying "enough is enough" either.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
UEFA and FIFA are certainly not the good guys here, the single reason they were uppity is that they could see cash going out the door.

Still, the enemy of an enemy is a friend and so on (in the short term!)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Must be really hard to be a fan of team who are non competitive for a season or 2.

How is it competitive this year? City will win the league at a canter. France is way more competitive. Just because football is fucked in the rest of europe doesn't mean it's ok that it is in England.

Your contention was that only fans of six clubs get anything out following the PL, which is simply untrue. And while City are runaway winners this year, thats not the case year in year out like in Italy, France or Germany, and United have only pulled away from 3-7 in the last couple of weeks; before that it was an incredibly tight top half of the table.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It was crazy close for half the season and anyone's to win. City have obviously pulled away, but that's what champions do :)

I don't think UTD will catch City and I don't think anyone expects them to, but that means all the pressure is on City now.

Both teams, on paper should win all their remaining games except for UTD playing Liverpool and City playing Chelsea but with the season the way it is, anything could happen. The gap between the megabucks and the nearly theres has shortened this season.

Last edited:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Your contention was that only fans of six clubs get anything out following the PL, which is simply untrue. And while City are runaway winners this year, thats not the case year in year out like in Italy, France or Germany, and United have only pulled away from 3-7 in the last couple of weeks; before that it was an incredibly tight top half of the table.

Only cos of covid and random early season results. It's never normally that tight at that stage of the season. As a Saints fan I get nothing out of the PL. This year we were top of the league for the first time in what? 28 years? And as I said, that's only because of the randomness brought on by covid. Fans of the big 6 are completely blinkered and think football revolves around them - because it does to some degree. They are the ones that have made the PL a global brand because they can afford the big names, the big stadiums etc. These fans also want to have their cake and eat it. They want the greed and excessive spending of their clubs to keep them at the top, but don't want to admit that the realistic next step, if it continues, is a Super League. It'll all be forgotten about for a few years, and will just happen again soon. Remember when Liverpool and Spurs tried to furlough their staff? Me neither.

Also - Uefa and Fifa’s hypocrisy is astonishing – their greed ruined this game long ago

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well this doesn't sound very punishy...

UEFA are just as (if not more) corrupt, they were just pissy because they were excluded.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Honestly feels like it has been forgotten about already. All is forgiven pwease bwing the money back.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Massive hypocrisy. UEFA, FIFA and the Tory party are corrupt shitshows. Fans thing it's ok for teams to spend hundreds of millions of what is essentially their money on players, but are bemoaning Super League greed. Not sure many players will be handing back salaries saying "enough is enough" either.

One of the reasons I'm glad this plan has been put to bed is not nevessarily football related, but it's great to see Sky have stopped moralising about how greed is ruining the game, whilst also charging fans £60 a month to watch it.

Where did the big influx in cash for the Premier League come from again? Oh yeah it was Sky.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
One of the reasons I'm glad this plan has been put to bed is not nevessarily football related, but it's great to see Sky have stopped moralising about how greed is ruining the game, whilst also charging fans £60 a month to watch it.

Where did the big influx in cash for the Premier League come from again? Oh yeah it was Sky.

Yep. I'm convinced they were only so against it because they didn't think they'd get the rights for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom