Football The 2017/2018 Season Thread

Gray

FH is my second home
It's going to be a long-arse 12 months then. Thank god his contract is only for another year. His way of doing deals is going to be bargain basement stuff, freebies. He will likely dismantle the team which has any sort of skill to give him the boring 0-0 that he craves...
Already seen we might be making a contract offer to Mangala, even though he looked like an absolute calamity in the games he played (then got injured). He is not going to have any sway on players wanting to come... But it's only 12 months.....

Throughout it though we're in a fairly respectable position, it could have been a lot worse for us. Normally we have found it difficult to maintain good league form when we have been in Europe, which coincidentally once we left we looked to start creeping up the table. Next season I would have expected us to compete for Europe again, now I am not so confident.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It might've been a different story if Bayern hadn't gifted that goal at the start of the second half.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Reporter: "Do you think you'll raise a glass of italian red tonight?"

James Milner: "I might stretch myself out to a glass of Ribena" :D

The lad's class :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Living up to his boring milner alter ego :)

Gray

FH is my second home
So with Stoke down, who's going to be looting them for all the players? I think I would like attempts made for Shaquiri at Everton, he has been a big influence for them. Butland will no doubt be going also, Arsenal or Liverpool bound? Everyone else seems fairly average pickings, so maybe for some of the newbies coming through

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So with Stoke down, who's going to be looting them for all the players? I think I would like attempts made for Shaquiri at Everton, he has been a big influence for them. Butland will no doubt be going also, Arsenal or Liverpool bound? Everyone else seems fairly average pickings, so maybe for some of the newbies coming through
I think everyone will be after charlie adams ;). Lol

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
D'oh is putting it lightly. If he passes it will be a major football icon leaving

Himse

FH is my second home
Conte really needs to use some subs.

Changing the dynamic of the team in such a tight game would've been silly. He had a plan, the players had not played for 9 odd days compared to Liverpool. They should be able to do a full 90.

Salah looked very quiet vs Rudiger. Mane was the only threat to be honest.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Changing the dynamic of the team in such a tight game would've been silly. He had a plan, the players had not played for 9 odd days compared to Liverpool. They should be able to do a full 90.

Salah looked very quiet vs Rudiger. Mane was the only threat to be honest.

A number of them clearly weren't at the game for the last 20 minutes or so.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Imagine if Real had scored while Suarez was rolling around on the ground at the end there.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I do think RM are easily beatable by Liverpool unless RM get their usual luck.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I do think RM are easily beatable by Liverpool unless RM get their usual luck.
We've been really chod for quite a while recently. Not just Salah, but the whole team. Mane's consistent - the fact that he's getting mom's for us is a reflection of everyone elses game dropping rather than him being great.

Himse

FH is my second home
RM are a whole different animal in the big game. Liverpool ideally needed to beat Chelsea to give the big players a complete rest in the last league game, now they have to win to ensure the get CL next year.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
nice send off for Wenger yesterday from the Emirates. Amazing gesture to give him the special EPL trophy for the unbeatables season 2003/4.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Imagine if Real had scored while Suarez was rolling around on the ground at the end there.
I was praying that happened, Suarez's pirouettes every time he got touched were a fucking embarrassment.

Also Liverpool will get murdered by Madrid.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Thank fuck for that! We looked determined to fuck that up since beating Chelsea but we've scrambled (pretty pathetically) over the line into the CL spots.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And Arsenal still don't have a single away point in the league in 2018. This is actually getting impressive now.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Thank fuck for that! We looked determined to fuck that up since beating Chelsea but we've scrambled (pretty pathetically) over the line into the CL spots.
Yous were proper dog shit like. Imagine if we had a competent striker or we got a penalty for that stonewall after Lloris took Ritchie out.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yous were proper dog shit like. Imagine if we had a competent striker or we got a penalty for that stonewall after Lloris took Ritchie out.
Joke's on you, we've been playing like that for weeks. :)

And that's the first I've heard of a penalty shout, by commentators or either set of fans.
2018-05-09T201845Z_308588896_RC18269CE120_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-TOT-NEW.JPG

If Lloris tripped him then Perez put a bit of friendly fire in too.

He did have to put in 1 or 2 great saves, though.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I couldn't believe it when I was watching it and the commentators didn't mention it at all! Bit of a misleading photo mind, from every video replay I've seen Lloris didn't get a touch on the ball, Perez flying in probably didn't help mind, haha.

Both Lloris and Dubravka has decent games like, can't complain with the loss either really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom