Football The 2017/2018 Season Thread

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Apparently, if they get relegated, Evans has a £3m release clause, which would be a steal for a player of his pedigree and quality. Instant starter for probably half of the teams and decent backup for the rest.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Which is a shame really since he hasn't exactly been that good in football or public places recently.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
WBA will technically be relegated when Pardew isn't there, so it isn't his fault. </Pardew logic>

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Ronaldo.... what a goal and what a response from the Juve fans

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah it was just a nice moment after the goal. It looked like he was genuinely humbled by the response.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
As impressed as I was, I don't think I'd ever celebrate or congratulate an opposition player regardless of how good their goal is. Talk about it in the pub aye, but that's about it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It seemed like he was only on Sky or one of them a few weeks ago. RIP.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
He was on Talksport either the morning of or the day before his heart attack.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
As impressed as I was, I don't think I'd ever celebrate or congratulate an opposition player regardless of how good their goal is. Talk about it in the pub aye, but that's about it.
A meaningless training match maybe

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Blimey. I suppose you still can't count this particular City side out, but...fair play Liverpool.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I was really rooting for City because... well... the vast majority of Liverpool fans are insufferable at the best of times but when they get even a sniff of success they're even worse. Liverpool made them look piss poor tonight, though. Sané was just about the only one who looked threatening and Alexander-Arnold did a great job on that side.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I was really rooting for City because... well... the vast majority of Liverpool fans are insufferable at the best of times but when they get even a sniff of success they're even worse. Liverpool made them look piss poor tonight, though. Sané was just about the only one who looked threatening and Alexander-Arnold did a great job on that side.

As a die hard United fan, I was on the fence about who to root for. Decided to root for Liverpool, as I find City fans insufferable at all times.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Fucking get in! Been dreading this game for weeks; last thing I wanted to see was City crowned champions today. Liverpool result helps with second as well.

Over to you Spuds. See if you can kick the celebrations down the road another week ;)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fucking mad second half.

I've felt good about playing City since Liverpool beat them in the league and they've really shown themselves to be quite vulnerable over these past few matches (although, having said that, we did make hard work of Stoke earlier). Annoyed that United won because that dents our 2nd place hopes - not that it matters, as long as we finish in the top 4 (I think there's £5m or so more awarded per place). That was brilliant though, the last 20 odd minutes was especially spicey, and Fernandinho is suspended for our match next week. Hopefully they go all out on Tuesday and run themselves ragged.

Young should definitely have been off for that awful tackle on Aguero, could easily have broken his leg. And Herrera... well, Herrera's just an absolute cunt, there's no 2 ways about it. I can't stand the sight of him. On the 1 hand he's rolling around on the floor after an opposition player comes within a metre of him (before flinging his hands up in the air and giving cards left right and centre) and on the other he puts in some nasty challenges of his own. Sanchez can fuck off with that card waving thing as well, I hate players doing it.

Liverpool result helps with second as well.
Helps us with third too, if we win against City and our game in hand (which is against Newcastle, no less), we'll go 3 points clear of the scousers. Here's hoping they proceed in the CL and then get humiliated in the next round, denting their league campaign in the process.

Last edited:

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Delighted with Man United game at City. Didn't start well, but picked up the pace in the second half. It's too bad we didn't play with that drive against Sevilla. We would have ran them off the pitch for both legs. Ah well, nothing like watching Guardiola lose his shit on the side line. I felt the ref did OK. It could easily have spiraled out of control, Jesse Lingard was on the receiving end of a string of fouls that never came close the ball. Not sure I'd have kept calm personally. It almost boiled over at the end, but thankfully it didn't escalate into anything serious.

As a side bonus, the bar I watched it in was mostly City fans. They piped right down at the end :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
As a neutral it was a great game to watch, had everything. Penalties not given (drama), bit of real derby niggle and some fantastic footy. The speed of play and openness made it great to watch.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Got a feeling we're going to get bummed here.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That Sané goal should've stood, no doubt about it. City had the perfect start to set the match up nicely, 'pool are going to have to change something because I'm sure they can't hold off that attack for another 45 minutes and they don't really look like scoring. And Alexander-Arnold is going to have a nervy second half on that yellow card with Sané mostly spending his time charging at him.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Now the fact MC didn't score a away goal at Liverpool will hurt.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't know what's going in the Roma match but they're beating Barça 3-0 at the moment.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They've only gone and done it. Incredible result for Roma.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Have we hit Peak Pep? City ran out of steam in the second half, a familiar story.
Roma result is amazing. Looking forward to the highlights.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Good result. Can moan about decisions (on both sides) but putting 5 past City over two legs is pretty damn good.

Roma did very well eh? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom