Football The 2017/2018 Season Thread

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Pleased city seem to be coming off the rails a bit. 3 loses in 3 games. Wont stop them getting the premiership but nice to not get that double any how.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Wow certainly a spectacular ending with grease ball able to win it now.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Just plain not good enough for about 70 minutes of that. I don't know what was going on in the first half but it was like we were the team that played on Tuesday and City had had the extra days of rest.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I thought you were looking good and dominate once you got that first goal but then just faded away.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
We started so badly though. Lloris made another mistake, even though it was blatantly a free kick outside the box and not a penalty. We got caught out a few times - Sanchez is incredible for his age and I believe he will be the best centre back in Europe in a couple of seasons but he still lacks experience and it shows sometimes. He also probably saved us from a more embarrassing final score.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Engineered so city cant celebrate when they win it. As they all at home.

Well maybe ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Wouldn't put it past 'em but for the fact that they want second and we're currently breathing down their necks.

West Brom are a really good team at the moment tho. *cough*

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
we're currently breathing down their necks.
Calm down. They (and Tottenham) have a game in hand on you and I wouldn't put it past you to (hopefully) drop the ball so to speak in the league because of the CL semis. :)

I just hope we can dump them out of the cup at the weekend. If ever there was a team that didn't "deserve" to be where they are based on performances it's them.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Merci Arsène

I thought United without SAF was weird but Arsenal without Wenger is going to take some time to get used to.

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Ooo and about time to for Arsenal fans.

The rest of us would be halpy to see him carry on for a few more years hehe. Wonder if they will have the same struggle man u after saf left.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Good option for them. But has Rafa said he's staying?
He talks about us in the future and as a project, but I think most of us know it all depends on whether Fat Mike gets his wallet out, or a takeover happens.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

View: https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/987313935459201026?s=19

It sounds like he's waiting to see if the club agrees with how he thinks they should go forward.

He can’t trust anything Ashley says. That’s obvious by now. So he’d be taking a punt on the Staveley bid coming back and that her consortium will be more ambitious (which isn’t a given either). If Arsenal came calling he’d be stupid not to take them up on it.

Having said all that, Arsenal will probably want Allegri, will end up with Ancelotti.

NB. Why would Arse fans want Simeone? He’s successful but he’s a Mourinho not a Guardiola. Do you want to watch that every week?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Wonder who will replace him

Anyone good available ?
Eddie Howe would not be a bad bet. Wenger liked him. Fans will likely want a big expensive name. Not sure many would be tempted though given the budget. Not like Arsenal are going to do Man X/Y or Chelski and blow 150 Mill next season.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Definitely going to put a punt on Roma 4 Liverpool 1 for the next leg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom