Football The 2017/2018 Season Thread

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
We can but we've beaten an off-colour Madrid and a shite Dortmund (who could only manage 2 draws against APOEL), we've not been REALLY tested yet. Juventus aren't the team they were a couple of seasons ago but we could still have had an easier draw.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
We can but we've beaten an off-colour Madrid and a shite Dortmund (who could only manage 2 draws against APOEL), we've not been REALLY tested yet. Juventus aren't the team they were a couple of seasons ago but we could still have had an easier draw.
Haven't you been tested against the giants of Watford, West Brom and Leicester in the last few weeks?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well, yes, we didn't win any of those matches. I'm not sure Juve are going to present the same challenge, though. Dortmund and Madrid certainly didn't. We tend to fair better against teams that turn up and want to play football, with some exceptions. Bus-parkers are a nightmare for a lot of teams.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Well, yes, we didn't win any of those matches. I'm not sure Juve are going to present the same challenge, though. Dortmund and Madrid certainly didn't. We tend to fair better against teams that turn up and want to play football, with some exceptions. Bus-parkers are a nightmare for a lot of teams.
Unless the team parking the bus is Newcastle. Funny enough we always do better against open teams, still get smashed, but at least we score the odd goal.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Copenhagen vs. Atletico Madrid

Please, fuck off...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you're going to sing that shit you should check first. It's not hard...

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm fine them not, looking like utter cocksniffs and just adding to the conception that Chelsea fans think football started in 2003.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I can see Mark Hughes leaving Stoke, Spurs aren't convincing in this game yet.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Spurs, should be down to 9 now. What the fuck happened?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
De Bruyne penalty was joke, should have been yellow for a dive. Overall Spuds were woeful. Can't play like that (open game) against Chity. Still good to see the, have a Arsenal type winter :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
De Bruyne penalty was joke, should have been yellow for a dive. Overall Spuds were woeful. Can't play like that (open game) against Chity. Still good to see the, have a Arsenal type winter :)
But how do you play against them? It was refreshing to see a team try and take it to them rather than park the bus. They didnt seem to be pinned in their half for long periods like man u were.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
But how do you play against them? It was refreshing to see a team try and take it to them rather than park the bus. They didnt seem to be pinned in their half for long periods like man u were.
Basically yes. Strong organised defense and hitting on break when possible is usually how they get beat, that and scoring from set pieces. It might be refreshing to see a team try but what's the point. Its not really worked for anyone. Everton came close parking the buss and taking the chance they had.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Good performance from bristol city tbh. However poor man u played they were made to play that way by the lower division team

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Christ that was calamitous from United. Loads of great opportunities to extend the lead and as a team they completely failed manage Smalling's situation.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Herrera not going to right back was stupid. Still its all about second place anyway and we didnt lose any ground to those behind us.

Gray

FH is my second home
The change in Everton since Sam took over has been a massive relief, sure we have been played off of the park against Liverpool and Chelsea, but we got something out of the games and kept a huge amount of cleansheets so far.

With the way it's going we could end up back where we were last season, teetering on Europa stages. If we can reinforce ourselves come New Year hopefully we can start biting back a bit with the assurances that we'll not be fighting a relegation battle anymore.

I am slightly concerned with our play against the top 4 teams though, sitting back and giving them a considerable amount of possession each game as with Liverpool and Chelsea, we couldn't do that against Man City as it stands even though we are one of the few teams who came close to beating them at the beginning of the season. I look forward to getting Coleman and Bolassie back soon.

Himse

FH is my second home
The change in Everton since Sam took over has been a massive relief, sure we have been played off of the park against Liverpool and Chelsea, but we got something out of the games and kept a huge amount of cleansheets so far.

With the way it's going we could end up back where we were last season, teetering on Europa stages. If we can reinforce ourselves come New Year hopefully we can start biting back a bit with the assurances that we'll not be fighting a relegation battle anymore.

I am slightly concerned with our play against the top 4 teams though, sitting back and giving them a considerable amount of possession each game as with Liverpool and Chelsea, we couldn't do that against Man City as it stands even though we are one of the few teams who came close to beating them at the beginning of the season. I look forward to getting Coleman and Bolassie back soon.

Big Sam really knows how to set up a defence. I from a Chelsea fan point of view was not mad at the result today, you guys deserved a point for sure!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I swear to god, the Swansea's striker in the tube socks has the palest legs I've ever seen!

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Would have got him for about 35 if they hadn't fucked it all up.

But, Liverpool do like to splash the cash, spank 10s of millions above the price tag on a player, then bitch and moan about spending.

He's probably going to get injured in his first few weeks. Oh wait, that's Arsenal.

Embattle

FH is my second home
He is very Trump like at times, I certainly think he has become even worse now at MU than he was at Chelsea. Last 5 seasons spend, we've certainly done well on sales hence our net spend being only a little bit more than Arsenal's:

Premier League Last Five Seasons - Transfer League

I also do agree with a report that recently said that as good as Pep is you shouldn't ever think he has done it without spending a lot of money or having a lot of talent at each club he has managed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom