Football The 2016/2017 Season Thread

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Very tidy bit of business from Juventus.

He should see plenty of cards too, likes to get agitated.

Marc

FH is my second home
Last time United had a flat track bully in the side his name was Cristiano Ronaldo.

I totally agree it's mad money, but ultimately Rupert Murdoch is paying for all of these silly transfers this year, and well, fuck Rupert Murdoch.

If I'm honest, I can't remember if Ronaldo was a flat track bully but I'm sure he did turn it on at times when it was required against the likes of Arsenal in big games no?

Marc

FH is my second home
I suppose it's where we are at now with regards money in the game. Higuain just short of £80m? At 28 years of age? Debatable if value for money. I dread to think what neymar is worth based on these 2 transfers. £200m?

How much did Bayern pay for Sanchez £30m? Now that's value for money, for me he is already better than pogba and still developing

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Ronaldo had and still has a hell of a lot more to his game though.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Arsenal are starting the season well with Mertesacker being out for the rest of the year without kicking a ball. This could be a blessing though he is so very slow letting Kos and Gabriel start for form a partnership early could work really well. With Chambers, Jenkinson and this new kid we do have some cover but I still think we need another CB.

The question is will you actually buy any one.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ronaldo had and still has a hell of a lot more to his game though.

Different kind of player TBH. Pogba is more like a Viera or dare I say it, Roy Keane; the type of player that's been missing from United for a long time.

If I'm honest, I can't remember if Ronaldo was a flat track bully but I'm sure he did turn it on at times when it was required against the likes of Arsenal in big games no?

He was famous for going missing in the really big games for United until his very last season, when he turned it on in the CL, but even then he didn't really do much in the big League games; against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool (rest of top four that year) he scored one goal, home and away, and that was a penalty. He absolutely destroyed Arsenal in CL semi though.

Marc

FH is my second home
Different kind of player TBH. Pogba is more like a Viera or dare I say it, Roy Keane; the type of player that's been missing from United for a long time.

He was famous for going missing in the really big games for United until his very last season, when he turned it on in the CL, but even then he didn't really do much in the big League games; against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool (rest of top four that year) he scored one goal, home and away, and that was a penalty. He absolutely destroyed Arsenal in CL semi though.

Was that when he scored that obscene free kick?

soze

I am a FH squatter
The question is will you actually buy any one.
I very much doubt it. Giroud found form at the end of last season (scored a hatrick :( ) Theo is back from Injury (for a week or two). Plus Santi and the Ox back from Injury and we have already bought two players. I see us being very quiet.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Supposedly, United have made over 75 million pounds on Z;atan shirts this week. They reckon they'll hit the 100 mill mark next week. Pgoba paid for.

Marc

FH is my second home
we are hearing unconfirmed reports that Arsene Wenger went into a pound shop and offered to buy something for 50p - Paddypower

soze

I am a FH squatter
Can you stop talking about Wenger buying players you are making his job harder guys!

on transfer approach…
I buy players that I feel can strengthen our team. Today you have to be very strong inside the club when you are responsible, not just to buy [for the sake of buying]. There’s always a wave of opinions. I must say people are better informed today - they know all the players. They tell you always that you should buy but when you ask them who to buy, they become much shorter. If you look at the market in Europe, there’s a lot of money available but not many players who really strengthen the teams. If you look at the teams that spend the most money in Europe, they’re not necessarily the teams that won the championships. The global investment of the clubs around us didn’t stop Leicester winning the championship.

on transfers…
We are still on the market for players. [Be it] at the front or at the back - we are on the market. Unfortunately we are not alone.

on Mahrez and Lacazette…
The best way to conclude transfers is not to talk about them, which is very difficult in the press conference! We are on the market but I don’t want to talk specifically about any player because that makes it more difficult for me - and it’s difficult enough.

on if he expects to sign a defender before the season starts…
Yes I do.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Just watching the highlights from last night and the Ox scored a beauty. Theo played upfront alone again and missed a chance that out new defender tucked away :)

The highlights might be free to everyone - Highlights: Arsenal v Chivas

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Rooneys testimonial, backslaps all around, all is forgiven.
Just smile and wave folks...they'll be back with the flags at the world cup.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
This whole Pogba deal is getting drawn out. Wish it would get sorted soon so they can get him in the squad training.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Rooneys testimonial, backslaps all around, all is forgiven.
Just smile and wave folks...they'll be back with the flags at the world cup.
0 - 0 in a testemonial just about says it all it's meant to be a carefree match with goals!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
How do you think the UK football team will do in Rio...oh yeah, there isn't one.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The UK aren't at the olympics, GB are.

Nobody can get it organised because it would have to have Scottish players or whatever.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The UK aren't at the olympics, GB are.

Nobody can get it organised because it would have to have Scottish players or whatever.

Except, they are, and "Team GB" is (and always has been) named wrong. There are NI athletes in the team. We wonder why foreigners don't understand how the UK is put together when most Brits don't have a fucking clue either.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Good for them. They are still representing GB. 2012 was a one off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom