Football The 2016/2017 Season Thread

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Pity for Sunderland, that fucks them right up just before the season starts. They'll get someone like Tactics Tim in and it'll be an unmitigated disaster. They'll be playing Newcastle again before they know it.
They were rumoured to have moyes in the wings

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Good manager, gets shit players to play well. Just what England needs right now.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
100 mil for Pogba, if only they had that sort of player in their academy.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Bah celtic won. But only 3-0. Thougt it would have been more after the first half

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If pogba performs to expectations manc scum win tbh :(

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
This new manager has the experience and sheer tenacity to put the disasters of the past out of the English consciousness and move the team forward where they can build on their own talent and produce a tightly knitted squad that can compete and win against the best that Europe has to offer.
New kit available online and in stores...160 quid, get behind the future of English football at herewegoagain.com

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Point is, if Big Sam can't get that useless bunch of primadonnas to play properly then nobody can.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I think he'll struggle just as much as everyone else has tbh. He's a relegation scrapper and anyway he won't have the players week-in week-out like at club level so maybe he won't know each one as well and be able to take advantage of their strengths. We know the players can play (see pre-Euros vs. Germany). The FA needs to sort its shit out and look at how other nations (hi Germany) have put more emphasis on their national teams, which leads to an increased sense of pride to play for their country and also more home-grown talent.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I think he'll struggle just as much as everyone else has tbh. He's a relegation scrapper and anyway he won't have the players week-in week-out like at club level so maybe he won't know each one as well and be able to take advantage of their strengths. We know the players can play (see pre-Euros vs. Germany). The FA needs to sort its shit out and look at how other nations (hi Germany) have put more emphasis on their national teams, which leads to an increased sense of pride to play for their country and also more home-grown talent.

The difference (or A difference anyway) is that the FA has little or no leverage over the Premier League, who give no fucks about the national team.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And while that's the case, the national team is never going to amount to anything, no matter who's in charge (balloon with a face painted on etc).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
He should only be allowed to be manager if he grows that little tash back.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Here's Rooneys insightful verdict.

“I think it’s a good appointment,” Rooney said after Allardyce was finally released on Friday by Sunderland. “He will probably bring a different way of playing to England and hopefully it’s a good way and we can be successful under him.”

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Here's Rooneys insightful verdict.

“I think it’s a good appointment,” Rooney said after Allardyce was finally released on Friday by Sunderland. “He will probably bring a different way of playing to England and hopefully it’s a good way and we can be successful under him.”
That's pretty amazing. I never knew his vocabulary included three syllabus words

Lakih

Resident Freddy
He probably have an assistant who writes these things for him.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
100million(lol) Pogba deal being held up by who is to pay the agent fees.

all 25million of them.

Most hilarious deal in the history of hilarious deals, I wonder what he is on a week.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Also looks like Wenger is up to his old tricks, putting in below valuation offers for players he doesn't actually want but needs to appear to want.

soze

I am a FH squatter
:( but I read yesterday were are spending £70+ million on two players! Seeing as we already spend £30m I don't see us buying anyone but kids.

DaGaffer

100million(lol) Pogba deal being held up by who is to pay the agent fees.

all 25million of them.

Most hilarious deal in the history of hilarious deals, I wonder what he is on a week.

The same agent who was the reason why Fergie let Pogba go in the first place...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The difference (or A difference anyway) is that the FA has little or no leverage over the Premier League, who give no fucks about the national team.
Which is fine by me.

And while that's the case, the national team is never going to amount to anything, no matter who's in charge
Meh. Big deal.

:)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Meanwhile, looks like Lollerpool are going to make money this transfer window.

How that's going to look in the league standings...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Thats a lot for someone who didnt play much last year and was quite ordinary in the euros

Gray

FH is my second home
It's amazing we can still get that type of money for him, 2 seasons ago he was good and then Chelsea came knocking and unsettled him, we held on to him and he was subpar (Like the rest) through the season...

For us to get that same amount of money again is... shockingly hilarious.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Arsenal are starting the season well with Mertesacker being out for the rest of the year without kicking a ball. This could be a blessing though he is so very slow letting Kos and Gabriel start for form a partnership early could work really well. With Chambers, Jenkinson and this new kid we do have some cover but I still think we need another CB.

Marc

FH is my second home
Pogba isn't even that good. hes a YouTube highlight reel and a flat track bully. The amount of times I watched juventus last season and wondered if he was actually playing. If he is worth £100 million then I dread to think what Scholes and iniesta would be worth at the same age in today's football economy

Embattle

FH is my second home
I certainly don't think he is worth anything like £100m.

DaGaffer

Pogba isn't even that good. hes a YouTube highlight reel and a flat track bully. The amount of times I watched juventus last season and wondered if he was actually playing. If he is worth £100 million then I dread to think what Scholes and iniesta would be worth at the same age in today's football economy

Last time United had a flat track bully in the side his name was Cristiano Ronaldo.

I totally agree it's mad money, but ultimately Rupert Murdoch is paying for all of these silly transfers this year, and well, fuck Rupert Murdoch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom