Football The 2016/2017 Season Thread

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The monaco defence seem to have caught the disease

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
what an outstanding game at the Etihad tonight, had a bit of everything.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ranieri gone. Weird timing. It's always dangerous when the owner says he fully supports the manager and then he keeps losing.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Ranieri gone. Weird timing. It's always dangerous when the owner says he fully supports the manager and then he keeps losing.
Well i guess he has three weeks before the next leg of the champ league

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Would be awkward if they got knocked out by the mighty FC Gent.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
45 minutes to go and we've made club history

No jinx

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They just need to work on finishing behind Arsenal and their season is complete.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
So watched the Chelski v Swansea game on Bein Sports and at one point the commentator (EPL broadcast) says, "The last time Swansea won at stamford bridge TV had not been invented and Margaret Thatcher was PM!"

Where the hell do they get these people?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well they certainly deserved to draw and take it to extra time, what with that blatantly onside first goal.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Kante (or lack thereof) is why Leicester are shit now, an absolute beast, Chelsea robbed Leicester.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What's that Scouse? Slippery slope? You're so fucking retarded. Don't be stupid. They'll introduce it for goals and that's that.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So give each team a number of challenges, like in the tennis. If the challenge is successful, they don't lose one, if it isn't, they do. When they run out of challenges then tough luck. The only difficulty comes when deciding what to do if the challenge is successful (whichever way it might be). You can't just replay the point like in tennis and it's not exactly the other team's fault that the officials got it wrong so it wouldn't be a free kick. I guess more drop ball situations would arise.

The broadcasters have replays of offsides up within seconds. What happened yesterday was an injustice and wouldn't have stood in a system with verification. Puel had every right to be furious with the officials. Such a poor decision has more than potentially cost them silverware.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Soulless.

How is having to live with an injustice "soulless"? Only someone genetically predisposed to feeling sorry for themselves would say that. Or in other words, anyone born within the postcodes L1-L34.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
A pretty simple solution would be a slight change in the rules where a if a players feet are offside then it counts as off side, then stick a sensor in their boots. If a player is offside then something on the wristband on the lino could light up or something.

Lots of things like that can be tracked by computer rather than relying on the ever shitter refs and linesman.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I made the argument before - the fact that football is gloriously messy and, ultimately, human is what makes it great.

I don't really get why you made your jibe tho @DaGaffer - makes no sense. It's the above argument I'm interested in.

Edit:
It's not just about what happens on the pitch, but off it too - and the messyness is what makes the off-pitch stuff all the more interesting and fun. We've all been on the wrong end of decisions. "Hand of God" and all that. But I wouldn't wish that had never happened. It's part of why it's the beautiful game.

Beauty <> 100% technically correct

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lollerpool losing. I wonder if they thought "quick! Sack him! Scousers next and they're proper fuck-ups!"

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just turned it on. 45 mins yet but omg the score line lol

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
so where the fuck was this Leicester performance over the last few weeks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom