Football The 2014/2015 Season Thread

Embattle

FH is my second home
The Russian foreign ministry added that the US investigation appeared to be an "illegal extraterritorial application" of US law.

Stated the shining light of law and anti corruption ;)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Stated the shining light of law and anti corruption ;)
Russia's just talking shit cos they don't believe in tackling corruption. They know full well that the U.S. treats money laundering in dollars as a crime and have agreements with many countries that they can enforce it on their territory.

Russia's happy to play the card that anyone who speaks Russian anywhere should be 'protected' by mother Russia when in other jurisdictions.

Meh, anyway, here's hoping Blatter spends the rest of his life in jail.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So @Turamber - Benteke. Reckon he'll be like Heskey was for us?

More established players come to LFC and tend to be worse than when we bought them.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
To be fair - why does the US think it's got jurisdiction?
The Money laundering was done through the US using their banking systems. Even the Swiss agree that they have jurisdiction and given their protectionist attitudes over the past years it sounds like they have little choice but to agree.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Blatter's not been collared tho, has he?
Not yet, but it's a house of cards. Only takes one of those indited to spill the beans and he is done. Lets face it, if the man had a shred of decency and integrity he would be resigning. All this happened under his oversight.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Sum up your team's season with a picture
Screen-Shot-2014-04-07-at-3.22.01-PM.png
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Not yet, but it's a house of cards. Only takes one of those indited to spill the beans and he is done. Lets face it, if the man had a shred of decency and integrity he would be resigning. All this happened under his oversight.
Agreed. He's a total shitball though.

This needs a separate thread...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The Money laundering was done through the US using their banking systems. Even the Swiss agree that they have jurisdiction and given their protectionist attitudes over the past years it sounds like they have little choice but to agree.

Furry nuff.

Seems to me that, once again, the bankers should be banged to rights for this too eh?

Working at HSBC at the moment - keep having to do mandatory money-laundering training every other month because "it's everyone's responsibility at the bank" to stop money laundering.

Apart from the fact that it was done with full knowledge of the guys at the top - and they were knowingly making profits from it. So why haven't they been banged to rights? And in the case of FIFA - how come the bankers haven't been arrested?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
To be fair - why does the US think it's got jurisdiction?

A lot of reasons, banking activities being one, and CONCAFF being headquartered in Miami (and Chuck Blazer seems to be the star informer that's kicked all this off). Its no surprise either that everyone arrested is from the North or South American federations; it would be trickier for the Americans to arrest people from other jurisdictions even though they have a ton of evidence. Its probably the reason why Blatter himself wasn't arrested. The issue now is whether law enforcement in other countries will grow a pair and start some local arrests; not much chance of that in Africa, but some of the Asian federations might be looking over their shoulders right now. Blatter will be counting and the African and Asian countries to close ranks and keep the whole show on the road; would be great is if enough of the most corrupt CONMEBOL members have been taken out of the game (I doubt it), because UEFA and the South Americans are world football; if those two got together they could dictate to FIFA. That's not been possible in the past because CONMEBOL were one of the most corrupt of the lot. Even without that, I think UEFA should boycott the election tomorrow, if they don't, I think some of their own governments are going to be asking why.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
UEFA and the South Americans are world football; if those two got together they could dictate to FIFA.
And that's why they're pissed off at Blatter - because he's started giving power to football in the other areas - doing his job and spreading football far and wide.

The whole corruption thing - yep. I don't doubt FIFA's corrupt (it clearly is). As are all these big organisations.

For me it's a storm in a teacup. Who gives a fuck if UEFA and the South Americans are currently world football - long term they shouldn't be - and the cunt Blatter has been working hard to bring that long-term thing about.

In a corrupt way - yep - but that's business the world over IMO.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
And that's why they're pissed off at Blatter - because he's started giving power to football in the other areas - doing his job and spreading football far and wide.

The whole corruption thing - yep. I don't doubt FIFA's corrupt (it clearly is). As are all these big organisations.

For me it's a storm in a teacup. Who gives a fuck if UEFA and the South Americans are currently world football - long term they shouldn't be - and the cunt Blatter has been working hard to bring that long-term thing about.

In a corrupt way - yep - but that's business the world over IMO.

The problem is that Blatter has been building up a crony power base amongst the other federations because they're easily corruptible. He doesn't give a shit about world football except inasmuch as it can be used to protect his own power.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He is only giving power to Africa in return for envelopes stuffed full of cash and votes.

UEFA and the American confederations should just fuck FIFA off, they hold the real power in world football, as in revenue for sponsors and TV deals.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The problem is that Blatter has been building up a crony power base amongst the other federations because they're easily corruptible. He doesn't give a shit about world football except inasmuch as it can be used to protect his own power.

Perhaps... And?

If the power is getting spread around world football then that's a good thing IMO.
He is only giving power to Africa in return for envelopes stuffed full of cash and votes.

Prove it*
UEFA and the American confederations ... hold the real power in world football, as in revenue for sponsors and TV deals.

And that centralised power is a bad thing.

IMO Blatter's a cunt. But the end result is working out okay.

*not you, of course, one of the many legislators.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I'm all for spreading it around the world, but the fact Jack Warner posted 2.5million dollars for bail is a fucking joke.

Hopefully Uefa and the North and South American confederations will just tell FIFA to fuck off. The fact Blatter had earmarked one of those arrested as the next leader of FIFA says it all.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Come on you Villlllaaaaaaa.

My reasons are two fold. Because fuck Arsenal and because, if Villa win, Liverpool have to play a few more Europa matches and don't go straight into the group stages. Mostly fuck Arsenal though, it has to be said.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
was over at 60 minute mark arsenal were on fire and the quality shone through couple of poor decisions by ref towards end tho and sanchez goal holy shit goal of the tournament?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Another of those days where you wonder if it is worthwhile supporting any team outside of the top four. After the semi final against Liverpool I thought we could do great things. But then they got that result against Stoke and I started wondering just how good we had to be to win that game. Arsenal were great today, but when they have several individual players worth more than our entire squad shouldn't we expect to lose?

Not that I can accept the lack of effort or urgency from the players, giving the ball away, dwelling on the ball and waiting for something to happen. And that shit house tactic of lumping any sort of cross deep for Benteke. It was poor today all round. When Kieran Richardson is your best player on the day you know you've not had a good day.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
So @Turamber - Benteke. Reckon he'll be like Heskey was for us?

He played like Benteskey today ... not his best game by a mile. I thought he could play at a higher level than Liverpool can offer him, but after today's game it is hard to have an objective opinion. Ask me again after this crate of grolsch.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
We have a rimmer! Ehh.. Winner! This is just top kek and pure lads banter m8s

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicester-city-racist-orgy-video-5794654

Fucking idiots... This is what happens when you give teens and early twenty something a fuckload of cash and a bunch of free leisure. They're bound to ruin it for themselves and all of those around them. The owners paying their wages are thai, for crying out loud!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm not sure about the whole 'finding out through Twitter' nonsense just cause the lads missus posted about it on Twitter. His contract was up and there hadn't been any contract talks, he had to know he was on his way out.

Not that I'm defending Newcastle United, I do think they should've had one on one talks with all the players being dumped, but the Campbell one I think is jumping on their back cause it's flavour of the month to despise Newcastle atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom