Football The 2013 / 2014 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
It's going to be the biggest anti climax ever when it turns out to be almost the same as last seasons, as it always is :p

At least as a Newcastle fan, we can't fall for this stuff, no one actually wants the new kit with that Wonga shit slapped on the front.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah it is a shirt no one will want with the bullshit skin tight design. I will be going back to this bad boy for the season. Unless there is a fan fit shirt obviously.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
...you could just get a couple of sizes too big?

soze

I am a FH squatter
...you could just get a couple of sizes too big?
I could just stick to my Toffs shirt and not bother :) Reading about Puma shirts you need to order a size to big just for it to not to be too figure hugging so you are talking about 3 sizes too big just to get a comfortable fit.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
What's worse than a middle aged bloke in a football shirt? A fat middle aged bloke in a tight football shirt.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
What's worse than a middle aged bloke in a football shirt? A fat middle aged bloke in a tight football shirt.
Doesn't bother us, we have this guy:

fat-nufc-fan.jpg

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Are Liverpool on a mission to wear the ugliest kit in football history?

Br8JsWyCEAE0C4-.jpg

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Here come the conspiracy theories about why Suarez isn't pictured (which are totally justified!).

soze

I am a FH squatter
Well obviously it is because the Photo Shoot is a club activity and therefore he is banned. Duh!

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Wait, I've got it!

It's because..the picture...would have been...too...many...

...bites!!

I'm Sorry :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
So Arsenal are getting £30m from Puma which sounded great but seemingly Utd are getting £60m plus a share of shirt sales from Adidas next year, that is fucking mental.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So Arsenal are getting £30m from Puma which sounded great but seemingly Utd are getting £60m plus a share of shirt sales from Adidas next year, that is fucking mental.

Most popular replica shirts in the world by quite a way. Actually pleased Adidas have got the gig, usually much classier shirt designs than Nike. (new shirt is OK apart from the fucking horrible Chevrolet logo)
Manchester+United+2014-15+home+away+kits+leaked.jpg

Embattle

FH is my second home
Last numbers I saw showed something like MU 300m, Chelsea 115m and Arsenal 100m.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I understand why Utd get more as they always have. But the amount in question has caused Nike to walk away and I though Nike were still the biggest players.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I understand why Utd get more as they always have. But the amount in question has caused Nike to walk away and I though Nike were still the biggest players.

I'm guessing they've seen volatility in sales this year for the first time in a decade as fairweather far east fans melt away and they think 60m quid is too risky.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I still can't believe these Sanchez to Arsenal rumours. £30m and on £115K a week apparently. Surely United, Chelsea, City or PSG will ruin it.

Lallana was £25m and is on £100k a week ffs!

ileks

Part of the furniture
Not that I have anything against Lallana. They do make for a good comparison though. Both can play on either wing or behind a striker. Sanchez has scored 19 times and has 10 assists in 27 appearances (7 subs in there). Lallana, in his best ever season, managed 9 goals and six assists in 37 full matches. Sanchez is younger and also has far better defensive stats (more tackles, dribbled past less, runs more. He also does all of this further up the pitch). Oh and Sanchez has done this consistently in both Spain, Italy and for Chile.

edit - Sanchez did all that taking less shots per game than Lallana. He wins on average twice as many aerial duels despite being shorter. He gives the ball away on average half as many times per game as Lallana.

The only place Lallana is better is passing accuracy, with 84.6% vs the 79.7% of Sanchez.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

By the final chapter of this book I was kneeling on the floor of my living room, floods of tears pattering onto my replica kit, wailing like a hysterical gibbon. My dogs, Rushie and Aldo, wailed in solidarity with me. They understood; my wife didn't. I felled her with a right hook.

Class :D

Lakih

Resident Freddy
You can print any name on a shirt. When me and a mate where at camp nou he got a shirt with his name on it, doesn't make him a barca player :)
People will take the piss and make up silly shit all summer. Don't trust any shit until the official photo or kickoff for next season.

soze

I am a FH squatter
A lot of people think this is a done deal but Liverpool want to spend the money before everyone knows they have £75m burning a hole in their pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom