Football The 2013 / 2014 Season Thread

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by megadave, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soze

soze I am a FH squatter

In a first for us it is being reported that Khedira has turned down a new contract at Madrid and said he wants to join us. £24m being talked about.

If we get Sanchez, Debuchy, Khedira and Remy we just need to get a Keeper and a two CB's if we let TV leave.

2. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

Another summer another load of players linked to Arsenal ;)

3. ileks

ileks Part of the furniture

£24m for a player with a year left on his contract is ridiculous. You can accept the wage demands if the transfer fee isn't too bad but not both.

4. soze

soze I am a FH squatter

Except we already bought one!

5. soze

soze I am a FH squatter

I agree but it is like RVP sometimes you have to pay.

6. Billargh

Billargh FH is my second home

Hopefully Mike Ashley will tell them to fuck off then, bollocks to being a feeder club/training ground for a club like Arsenal (or any for that matter).

7. megadave

megadave I am a FH squatter

So where the kit?

8. soze

soze I am a FH squatter

9. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

Haha Cazorla is seriously wearing jeans on the third pic. Also, the blue one is yuck

10. Himse

Himse Resident Freddy

If Chelsea get close to Paul Pogba signing i'd lol so hard.

He was in Knightsbridge earlier & has removed Juventus from his twitter account.

Definitely just paper talk though at the moment.

11. Shagrat

Shagrat I am a FH squatter

surely letting him go must be one of Man Utd's worst decisions of the last few years?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Billargh

Billargh FH is my second home

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Draylor

Draylor Part of the furniture

Great bit of business from Liverpool, I have no idea what Barca are thinking paying that sort of money for him.

Brilliant player, utter headcase. The best case scenario is that he bangs in the goals when he returns from his ban and manages to go 18months before picking up the next long ban due to stupidity.

14. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

I cant wait for him to bite someone again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

His agent is a prick, we knew this because we didn't exactly follow the rules to sign him in the first place. United shouldn't be bowing to player pressure, great player but he wanted to much.

16. megadave

He's worth more than every penny he asked for to be fair.

17. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

It wasn't the money, he wanted guaranteed first team appearances.

18. megadave

So Suarez cost just under £65m, not bad for Barcelona really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

Source?

20. megadave

Sky Sports News and most of Spanish press.

21. Corran

Corran Part of the furniture

Apparently the buyout was £75m in his contract and they agreed that (Maybe it was actually euros as they were only ever gonna sell abroad hence the difference?).

Alternatively it may be a guarenteed £65m with an additional 10m on certain things (Success and/or no further biting :p )

22. Lethul

Lethul FH is my second home

23. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

I'm not. Not only has Lloris signed a new 5 year deal (YAY) but the last couple of CPOs have finally been approved and we've got permission to start on the new stadium.

24. Embattle

I'm sure at some point a member of his team will blame the British media or something for going to Barca ;)

Apparently Sanchez joined Arsenal to win titles, think he might of got a bit mixed up on the club :p

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  25. soze

soze I am a FH squatter

Apparently Sanchez joined Arsenal and rejected Liverpool because Wenger went to see him to lay out the clubs plans and Liverpool had their sporting director call his agent. I suppose he liked the personal touch from Arsenal.

26. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Well AVB tried to take Willian out for a meal and look how that ended up. If their mind is made up, it's made up.

And just imagine the dizzying heights Sanchez will reach with Arsenal. Fourth? THIRD? The mind boggles!

27. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

Fixed

28. soze

soze I am a FH squatter

And why does everyone thing Liverpool will do better without Suarez? I predict second season syndrome where people bore Liverpool to draws.

29. MrBic

MrBic Part of the furniture

Liverpool need to spend the money on a big name striker to replace suarez.. lambert and sturridge wont be able to fill that hole. I think hernandes would be a good fit.. he wont score 31 goals but he would prolly do 15-20 if he started regurarly.. or just go buy Zlatan!

30. Embattle

I certainly don't, I suspect it'll be like Spurs and Bale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.