Football The 2013 / 2014 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Not based on the world cup, but he did have a good season in Spain.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Worries me that he's only had one good season tbh, and he looks kind of limited in playstyle.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah, bit ifr a risk... but who would you have got instead?

Think jose is pinning his hopes a bit! Unless romelu decided he wants to play for him.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have been told the white puma shirt is a blank and if you look the collar on all 3 is subtly different and the splash of color behind each shows the color it will be. But they should have all been black or grey not cunty white :(

MrBic

Part of the furniture
saw some rumors that if Liverpool sells suarez they wanna replace him with balotelli... replace one mental patient with another!

soze

I am a FH squatter
It might be because I did not sleep or because I am a bit pissed off with the club generally but I am just read on another site that Arsenal will not be doing any business until after the 10th because they don't want to announce a player without the Puma kit pictures! It is fucking pathetic if true. It is a new shirt you know what it looks like you don't need to fucking tease it. Announce the shirt start selling it and then get on with the real business of the summer. Everyone around us is busy making shit happen and we are teasing a fucking shirt :(

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Haha, thats one way to keep Arsenal fans believing they might actually make a significant signing.

Are their fans really that gullible? :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
After Ozil yes there is belief. But I am not even talking about £60m strikers or anything like that just the essentials. We now have Carl Jenkinson at right back and no one else. We have two recognized CB's if TV leaves for first team football and we have one Goalkeeper. We don't need to be spending £30m a pop on these players but we do need to get them in before preseason and not at an inflated price on deadline day. We need at least 5 players.

In exciting news you can see the stadium workers in their new Puma kits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140702/pictures-stadium-at-work-with-puma

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
So FC Barcelona (the club with a transfer ban) are in talks to sign Suarez (the player with a football ban). You couldn't write this stuff.

soze

I am a FH squatter
£70m is mad money Liverpool are doing very very well there. They turned down a £50 and £60 million bid yesterday that takes some balls. Barce are fucking idiots though.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
How will Barcelona look next season?

Neymar Messi Suarez
Iniesta Rakitic
Busquets
Alba Mascherano Pique Alves
Will be fun to watch them destroy half of La Liga's dross, and also watch them get annihilated by any sort of balanced team.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Gives them options to rack up large scores in the sub-par La Liga but plenty of choice for European games too

soze

I am a FH squatter
In Arsenal news there is a thrilling video about former players who have worn Puma boots (y)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
You if your Puma theory is correct, it doesn't mean they're waiting for the Puma announcement to begin transfer dealings, right? :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
No it shouldn't but history shows us we never do anything early when we should.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Even Newcastle have made signings before you, that's saying something.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Hope he fucks off to Europe, filthy player.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
He's a better and much more influential player than Gareth Bale.

£70m for Suarez is cheap.
I wonder why more clubs aren't lining up to throw 70 mil after him if that is considered cheap?

soze

I am a FH squatter

Bale is not a bitey racist that is serving a 3rd ban for biting players, £70m is fucking mad money considering he could bite someone else and get a 20 game ban. Even your blinkers should let you see that.

Last edited:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Your first point is meh (as in, we could sit here and argue about it for hours and I genuinely can't be arsed) and your second point is hilarious. Good he might be but he has more baggage than any other player ever, Liverpool would be lucky to get half of that for him. What he is worth when he's kicking a ball around and what he is worth as a player who has this horrible side to him (aka the whole package) are two totally different things. Barcelona are bonkers if they pay that for him. His marketability has gone through the floor since his latest (and let's face it, probably not his last) biting incident. Unless you count this and this.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I wonder why more clubs aren't lining up to throw 70 mil after him if that is considered cheap?

'cause 1) not many can afford him, and; 2) he clearly wants to go to Spain.

So that leaves two clubs, both of which expressed an interest - Barca this year, Real last.

Bale is not a bitey racist that is serving a 3rd ban for biting players, £70m is fucking mad money considering he could bite someone else and get a 20 game ban. Even your blinkers should let you see that.

He could, but Barca will have a no-bite clause in his contract - and if he plays like he does for Liverpool he'll probably win them the league.

Add to that the fact that most (not all - but most) of the massive outrage is in Britain then he'll be playing under less pressure. With Messi and Ronaldo plying their trade there too then the media can spread it around a bit more.

It's very bad for the premier league that he's leaving tbh.

.. we could sit here and argue about it for hours ...His marketability has gone through the floor ...

We could argue for hours, but you'd be wrong.

And his marketability is just as high as it ever was as long as he's playing well. There's no such thing as bad publicity - the eyes of the world will be on Suarez when he steps out for Barca - and that's exactly what Barca want.

The biting will be quickly forgotten once he starts banging them in at a hitherto unseen rate.

Frankly tho, he's a cunt, remember, so good riddance...
Easy. He's a cunt who's won us nothing.

Of course, if he stays we can forgive him ;)

:D

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Barca like to portray a family brand (utter bullshit ofc) the last thing they want is some nasty little twat chewing opponents, think of the children!

...and he will bite again.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The biting will be quickly forgotten
Until the next time. If (when) he does it again I reckon they'll be counting his ban in seasons, not matches or months. He's too much of a liability to be spending ridiculous money on. As an asset, his value has decreased considerably since the Italy match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom