Football The 2013 / 2014 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ileks

Part of the furniture
He's a better and much more influential player than Gareth Bale.

£70m for Suarez is cheap.

I agree. I think Suarez will win you more points than the players you are being linked with as replacements. It will be a real test for Rodgers. Every team that loses their star man seems to get worse the following year despite their fans optimism about the replacements.

If you can get Sanchez as part of the deal I take that back though! He's fucking quality. I've got a funny feeling you might end up with Walcott though.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Suarez will miss 9 games. If he does not get his way there is every chance he will bite someone again this season to force a move. He could even up playing 5 games this season and be worth even less.

Even if Barce have a no biting clause all they can do is withhold his wages. If he signs for £70m and then in his first game bites someone he could get banned for two years and they lose £70m. He is such a massive risk that £70m is a massive gamble. And if I was a betting man I would wager they could get him for half of that if they waited for the end of the transfer window. As the time ticks down and he continues his campaign of woe is me and starts to refuse to play Liverpool would get desperate.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As an asset, his value has decreased considerably since the Italy match.

You're ignoring the evidence staring you in the face. He's clearly not decreased in value because Barca are looking to pay ~80m for him.

If anything his value has gone up. He's been a talking point of the world cup - massive exposure to an audience that doesn't always watch football. He's now a household name to people who don't even like the sport.

Win-win for Barca. If he bites again (which I doubt) then they can be seen to be helping the mentally distressed - if he doesn't then he'll dazzle their audiences in an amazing front line.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Liverpool would get desperate.

Why? We'd happily keep him. And we own his contract until 2018. Desparate? You're nuts...

We lose Suarez, we'll be lucky to finish 4th next season, whoever we buy.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Why? We'd happily keep him. And we own his contract until 2018. Desparate? You're nuts...

We lose Suarez, we'll be lucky to finish 4th next season, whoever we buy.
Because just like at Ajax and arguably now if you don't let Suarez leave he will do something to make you let him leave like biting someone. There are plenty of people who believe his biting is not some uncontrollable reaction and more a tool to get what he wants. Ajax won't sell me oops I bit someone. Not 9 games in after you not letting him leave I have no problem believing he would bite someone again to force a move. And I think your club know that which is why they are ohh so happy to sell him now. And not for the £100m you would not sell him for last season.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He can't do it again. And I very much doubt he will, until he's ready for retirement...

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
He can't do it again.
Haha, no of course not! Have you ever heard of a burglar that burgled houses more than three times? Even after being caught, apologised to the court, sentenced and being set free again, I don't think I've ever heard of that? The repeat offender is a total myth (y)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
OK, I'll put my quid down - he won't do it again.

Until he's ready to retire...

Lethul

FH is my second home
Im sure his punishments will be reduced if he signs for FC Uefalona

soze

I am a FH squatter
OK, I'll put my quid down - he won't do it again.

Until he's ready to retire...
A whole pound on a bet you can't lose you rebel you :)

You are betting he won't bite again or he will but the punishment will be severe.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
A whole pound on a bet you can't lose you rebel you :)

You are betting he won't bite again or he will but the punishment will be severe.

Nope. I'm saying he'll get to retirement age and then not give a fuck any more.

Until then his record will be clean...

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I wonder how long after Suarez transfers to Barcelona it will take for his ban to be reduced.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Due to an 'exceptional rehabilitation and acceptance of what he did wrong' am I right? with 'what he did wrong' being cause Chiellini to feel the 'effect of a bite'. Huehuehueheuheuheuheuehue. Fuck football sometimes. :(

Corran

Part of the furniture
Can almost guarentee that they will half the ban on appeal so that he basically available at the start of the season with maybe missing a maximum of 2 matches. Basically once the world cup is over FIFA will no longer give a shit as the world will no longer be watching the situation and thus they no longer need to make a statement. Means they can go back to being the cowardly little shits that are afraid to upset the money men.

soze

I am a FH squatter
That or La Liga will just decide not to enforce it.

MrBic

Part of the furniture
f**king Barcelona shouldnt even be allowed to do transfers this summer!

Corran

Part of the furniture
It the typical shit. You banned from transfers. Oh you going to appeal because you desperately need to buy in some key areas... ok what we do is we will let you buy players for these positions as the appeal going to take a long time to hear even though we could do it in a few weeks! Once you purchased all the players you will need for the foreseeable future we will hear the appeal and ban you from buying in the january window!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Oh, and why the fuck dont Liverpool just try to buy the whole southampton team? Now they had a bid rejected for a 3rd player (Lovran)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
To be fair, Southampton are having a yard sale, the owner is milking them dry and then binning them. Open season on their players.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
And out of all the players anyone has been trying to sign from Southampton, Lovren is probably the most likely to improve a team. One of the best CBs in the PL last season while the fees paid for Shaw and Lallana really overvalue what they'll actually bring to Utd and Liverpool respectively imo.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Honestly I am not sure. He is decent and has experience which is great but will depend on the price.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Your lot always make a massive fuss over your new kits though.
I know and for some reason this season it is really pissing me off. Spending weeks fucking about with this rather than getting on with business seems stupid. And I know they are probably doing both but I don't care it is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom