Football The 2013 / 2014 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
One of the biggest clubs in the world? Be part of the getting them back to the top of the tree? Or he can sit in Italy, playing sub par teams week in week out.
He's one of the best midfielders in the world at the peak of his career, he's playing in the champion's league for one of the biggest clubs in the world winning titles. Joining a project to try and get Utd back into the big time probably isn't that tempting.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyone who thinks UTD are done need to rethink things. They are spending money in the right places and have an exceptional manager next season, I fully expect them to get a top 3 finish next season.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
While UTD will swing back, and probably within one or two seasons, they are not there yet. I would not trade a decent champions league club in Europe's 3rd best league (arguable) for a "lets turn this sinking ship back on track" team outside of champions league. Even if Premier League is the best league in Europe.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
While UTD will swing back, and probably within one or two seasons, they are not there yet. I would not trade a decent champions league club in Europe's 3rd best league (arguable) for a "lets turn this sinking ship back on track" team outside of champions league. Even if Premier League is the best league in Europe.

You might if they were going to give you 200 grand a week for your trouble.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Yeah but not when loads of clubs in better positions are offering the same.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Sanchez to Arsenal is picking up. I fully expect Wenger to release a statement saying we are not interested by Wednesday.

It's too good to be true. Arsenal never seem to sign the players they are linked to for ages anyway.

I still think one of the biggest problems is cover for Gibbs. Monreal is one of the biggest liabilities I've ever seen in football.

soze

I am a FH squatter
It's too good to be true. Arsenal never seem to sign the players they are linked to for ages anyway.

I still think one of the biggest problems is cover for Gibbs. Monreal is one of the biggest liabilities I've ever seen in football.
Starting Right Back
Superstar Striker
Defensive/Holding Midfielder
Backup Central Defender
Backup Goalkeeper

Should be the priority in that order IMO. It all depends on what our ambitions are I suppose. But honestly I think Joel Campbell will come back and Theo will come back and we won't buy a striker.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Starting Right Back
Superstar Striker
Defensive/Holding Midfielder
Backup Central Defender
Backup Goalkeeper

Should be the priority in that order IMO. It all depends on what our ambitions are I suppose. But honestly I think Joel Campbell will come back and Theo will come back and we won't buy a striker.

I've heard rumours that Arsenal won't be unveiling any new signing until after some sort of Puma kit announcement/event. They keep being linked with Barca and Madrid players because they had a team of negotiators in Madrid for a week or so before the WC. Knowing Arsenal it will be Morata sadly.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I've heard rumours that Arsenal won't be unveiling any new signing until after some sort of Puma kit announcement/event. They keep being linked with Barca and Madrid players because they had a team of negotiators in Madrid for a week or so before the WC. Knowing Arsenal it will be Morata sadly.
Real's kit man gets a really good shine ona pair of boots and he's only 17. I bet thatscwho Wenger is after....

soze

I am a FH squatter
I don't know that I can buy that. Every year there is a reason we are not buying people. With other teams starting early I would like to have seen us do the same. We will have a lot of extra money this year but I think given the money other teams are spending we will need to spend big just to stay in the top 4.

MrBic

Part of the furniture
So from what I can see Liverpool is rumored to be interested in every decent player on the market atm!

DaGaffer

So from what I can see Liverpool is rumored to be interested in every decent player on the market atm!

And United are buying every player who's ever worn an orange shirt. Silly season...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And Spurs are lining up Ben Davies!!1

Seriously though, he's a good solid LB, a position we desperately need cover in.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

'cause Suarez is off to Barca...

False economy tho. One amazing player is better than 5 good ones.

MrBic

Part of the furniture
Im not quite sure how to feel if Suarez leaves.. Great player but that insane streak he got can/will be costly and the money could prolly be spent on a couple really good players. If we also get Sanchez, Liverpool would still have a good attacking side. Id wish they would buy Javier Hernandes tho.

DaGaffer

Lots of talk about Arsenal not doing any business till after the Puma deal is announced which looks like its happening on the 10th.

http://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/?u...pingButton&utm_campaign=ArsenalOnlineShopping

I hope that is not a real kit can you imagine 60 000 gooners with beer belly's wearing that when professional athletes are sucking their guts in. Also all white? No thanks.

How is it a kit reveal if they've...revealed the kit? I hope you're right about it not being real (because yes, all-white would be a travesty - imagine the response from the Spuds fans ;)) As for the skinny fit thing, its happening I'm afraid. Already gone that way in Rugby and the World Cup is showing the trend.

soze

I am a FH squatter
How is it a kit reveal if they've...revealed the kit? I hope you're right about it not being real (because yes, all-white would be a travesty - imagine the response from the Spuds fans ;)) As for the skinny fit thing, its happening I'm afraid. Already gone that way in Rugby and the World Cup is showing the trend.
I am hoping the all white is just a blank and the actual colors and patterns will be different and that's what we can't wait to see!!! Fucking 9 days to tease us about a shirt just release it and sign some fucking players arseholes.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah but to be fair to them, their manager at the time spanked that money good and proper. Any decent manager would have brought in 2 or 3 decent players rather than 5,6,7 (however many it was) glaringly average players.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It wasn't all his fault, the pair of them together saw pound signs and spanked it like Kerry Katona spanks a bingo win.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Apparently Barca want £32m for Alexis Sanchez. Why is he so cheap? Got to be BS, I can't see him moving for less than 45.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Maybe that's 32mil+Suarez :p

Although that would be a pretty good deal atm.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Sounds like we got Costa for 32m without activating his buyout and paying hefty taxes.

Let's hope he's actually good :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom