Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

soze

I am a FH squatter
Rubbish. It's not "getting out of hand" - it's what the human beings in those countries think of black people. England was like this not so long ago.

It's normal for an up-and-coming country to experience this. The media coverage is part of the social engineering effort to change people's hearts and minds over the colour of people's skin. It's being bigged up in England as part of the ongoing effort to teach us that racism is wrong - a message that will be continually pumped into us - and it's drawing attention over there.

Sport has long been a tool of social change. It's not "out of hand" tho - it's normal...
Sorry I just though that the players should be able to go about their business without being racially abused. But seeing as Uefa decided to host it there the players should just get on with it the big over sensitive fuckers. It is an up and coming country after all!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Scouse, you are right to a point. It is up to all of us to change the views of the people in Poland and Ukraine.

However, you can't challenge racism by hushing it up. What the Dutch FA and UEFA have done over the latest flare up is wrong.

Well done to Van Bommel and the Dutch press for making sure it is reported as an issue.

rynnor

Rockhound
Thats pretty lame - what kind of message is that sending out about UEFAs seriousness about tackling Racism? Looks like 'business as usual boys!' to me.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
In selecting their ambassador for Euro 2012, Betfair thought long and hard, and hired Harry Redknapp. Lovely stuff. And to celebrate this, they asked Twitter to pose some questions that they would in turn ask Mr Redknapp.

The first thing to get out of the way is that yes, of course, the interview was done through Harry's car window.

Secondly, we think, once they'd ploughed through all the libellous ones, they were struggling a little for questions.

They included who his favourite member of Eternal was (Louise, of course), which his favourite Mario Kart circuit was (he forgot he'd played it, then remembered Nintendo paid him money to be in their advert), but our absolute favourite had to be 'Do you think there will ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark. Harry said:

"I would think so, the way it's going. If they wear the right swimwear."

The man's a total moron.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Don't get me wrong if United get Modric i'll rub one out over it later just like every other United fan.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Don't get me wrong if United get Modric i'll rub one out over it later just like every other United fan.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
If we get Modric then I will be extremely happy. We'd then get to see a central partnership of scholes + modric on a few occasions next season. Imagine that!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Reports today say Spuds accepted a £25m bid so it might be on.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If we get Modric then I will be extremely happy. We'd then get to see a central partnership of scholes + modric on a few occasions next season. Imagine that!

Would be very easy to get past and through to your defence though, neither are good ball winners.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Maybe United would try a 4-3-3 with Modric - Jones - Kagawa?

Haha look at me dreaming LIKE A FOOL

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sorry I just though that the players should be able to go about their business without being racially abused.

I don't disagree with that for a second. 100% behind you there.

However, the reason I posted was to make the point that sport has long been a tool of social change - it's not "out of hand" - it's the way it is. Football is being used to change it.

We can't throw the toys out of the pram and withdraw, or not play matches - because that is counterproductive to the plan of using sport to change attitudes to racism.

You need to be realistic about it. It's not "shocking" or "really bad" - it's simply how very much of the world is - and footie is being used to change it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
We can't throw the toys out of the pram and withdraw, or not play matches - because that is counterproductive to the plan of using sport to change attitudes to racism.
And Uefa saying they will investigate, and no other action being taken will force them to change. Sorry but just accepting it and saying it is to be expected is not OK. Uefa organised the tournament yet they are not calling for the police to arrest those responsible. I never suggested we should pull out just Uefa need to do more than threaten players that are Racially Abused.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
UEFA have had to backtrack after the Dutch players and press made a noise about this.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And Uefa saying they will investigate, and no other action being taken will force them to change. Sorry but just accepting it and saying it is to be expected is not OK. Uefa organised the tournament yet they are not calling for the police to arrest those responsible. I never suggested we should pull out just Uefa need to do more than threaten players that are Racially Abused.

I think you're missing the point. I think you've got the OMGZ RACIST0RZ stick up your arse and are missing it.

UEFA are handling it the same way they handled it in England - and it worked here - so stop fretting.

In 20 or 30 years time Poland and Ukraine won't be full of racist wankers. Well, not overtly racist wankers anyway - they'll keep their racism hidden, just like here.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Scouse said:
I think you're missing the point. I think you've got the OMGZ RACIST0RZ stick up your arse and are missing it.

UEFA are handling it the same way they handled it in England - and it worked here - so stop fretting.

In 20 or 30 years time Poland and Ukraine won't be full of racist wankers. Well, not overtly racist wankers anyway - they'll keep their racism hidden, just like here.

No I am not missing your point, I do not agree with your point. Uefa decided to stage the tournament there so the players should not have to put up with it for 20 or 30 years. I really have no idea why you are so intent on saying ignoring the problem will make it go away. There are plenty of noises Uefa could be making here to try and sort this out but they seem intent on ignoring the problem.

This is now verging on pointless so I am going to move on with my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom