Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Strong pic from sky as always :D

Brendan-Rodgers-Roberto-Martinez-Wigan-v-Swan_2766953.jpg

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Man Utd are quite close to signing Kagawa for £12m since this is the last year of his contract :)

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
@Agent007ITK on Twitter said Hazard is going to join Chelsea on the 21st.. and he just tweeted that Hulk has signed a deal with Chelsea... interesting :D

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That LFC article isn't very well written.. they seem to have confused the word "witnessed" with the word "caused". :\

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
"Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers is expected to be confirmed as the new Liverpool manager in the next 48 hours." from bbc sport
Looks like Martinez rejected us cause the owners don't want to give the manager control over transfers..

Lethul

FH is my second home
Chelsea seems to be gathering an extremely impressive team. Will be fun to finally se Hulk in a real league :) (altough should've been for LFC!)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
So what will their line-up even be now?

Cech
Ivan Luiz Cahill Cole
Ramieres Lampard
Hulk Hazard Mata
Torres?

Fucking formidable looking lineup to be honest :(

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
And if Torres continues his bad run they could just move Hulk to striker and have Marko Marin playing on the wing..

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Looks like Martinez rejected us cause the owners don't want to give the manager control over transfers..

That is a nice bit of bullet dodging there. Martinez is popular on the back of some good form in the last four-six weeks of the season. Before that they lost virtually every other game, couldn't defend and couldn't attack. Most of his signings have been useless and Bruce did a better job at Wigan than he did.

Watch him turn up at Villa Park now. Meh.

eksdee

FH is my second home
So what will their line-up even be now?

Cech
Ivan Luiz Cahill Cole
Ramieres Lampard
Hulk Hazard Mata
Torres?

Fucking formidable looking lineup to be honest :(

Don't forget De Bruyne and Lucas Piazon, although they're probably going to be out on loan again next season. Still sad that McEachran hasn't been given the chance to show what he can do. I also think we'll end up going for another play to be play alongside Ramires behind the front three - Tiote would be ideal but I don't see us getting him.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
From what I saw of Lampard towards the end of last season, as he started to drop into a deeper role, he could have a few more years left in him a la scholes!

eksdee

FH is my second home
Yeah for sure, but I don't think he can play week in week out anymore. Mikel is also a solid option, but too inconsistent.

And just seen now:

BREAKING NEWS
Brendan Rodgers has agreed a deal to become the new manager of Liverpool. The 39-year-old is understood to have signed a three-year contract at Anfield and his appointment is likely to be officially confirmed within 24 hours. Liverpool will pay between £4m and £5m in compensation to secure the Northern Irishman's services.

(Source: BBC newswire)

Thoughts Liverpool fans? I think it could go either way, he did a great job at Swansea but the foundations were already in place. Liverpool are very much a team without a clear identity at the moment - I'm not sure Rodgers is really the right man to change that in the short term, but with the right staff around him I think he will do a good job but he needs to be given the time and finances that a club like Liverpool, with its massive expectations, is unlikely to give him.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
He won't be doing any of the transfer dealings it seems.... but I prefer him over Martinez for sure ..

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yeah for sure, but I don't think he can play week in week out anymore. Mikel is also a solid option, but too inconsistent.

And just seen now:

BREAKING NEWS
Brendan Rodgers has agreed a deal to become the new manager of Liverpool. The 39-year-old is understood to have signed a three-year contract at Anfield and his appointment is likely to be officially confirmed within 24 hours. Liverpool will pay between £4m and £5m in compensation to secure the Northern Irishman's services.

(Source: BBC newswire)

Thoughts Liverpool fans? I think it could go either way, he did a great job at Swansea but the foundations were already in place. Liverpool are very much a team without a clear identity at the moment - I'm not sure Rodgers is really the right man to change that in the short term, but with the right staff around him I think he will do a good job but he needs to be given the time and finances that a club like Liverpool, with its massive expectations, is unlikely to give him.

He fills the "attractive football" brief, but apart from three obvious exceptions, I don't think there's a manager in the Prem who fulfils the "we're a massive club and have caviar expectations on jam butty wages" brief. Maybe if the Van Gaal thing is true then that will mollify the fans, but I doubt it.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Yeah, pretty much sums up exactly my feelings. I like Rodgers and hope he does well, but Liverpool just seems like a poisoned chalice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom