Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Had we not been in the cl knock out stages I think we'd have certainly picked up more points, we took a big risk by resting players in the league and it paid off.

Have to say spurs missing out is the icing on a fucking sweet tasting cake ;)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
People complain a lot about the Champions League containing a lot of non-champions. Then people suggest that the champions of the competition shouldn't be allowed to enter because someone came 4th in their league?

Come off it :D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If we'd finished 4th and Chelsea had won the Champions League I'd be upset and disappointed.

That MY TEAM didn't DO WELL ENOUGH.

Not because of a sensible rule that's been in place for years.

I'm not some bitter Spurs fan bemoaning everything but my own team's failures...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh well, we've only got ourselves to blame for fucking up the run-in so massively. We should've been home and dry in third by April.
Fact is, we were sitting 3rd for 18 straight weeks and we blew it. All I can think about is 'arry and his fucking gentleman's agreement with Moyes not to start Saha. Probably wouldn't have made the blindest bit of difference but it irks me. :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If we'd finished 4th and Chelsea had won the Champions League I'd be upset and disappointed.

I'm not some bitter Spurs fan bemoaning everything but my own team's failures...

Sorry but it is not a sensible nor fair rule, it is a half assed rule that was added to address a problem that had not been considered when the competition was concieved and then modernised. The problem is that UEFA don't want to rework the format to be fair to everyone, it is all about protecting the status quo which is why four CL places were handed to the big nations in the first place. Well I don't see how that very occasionally giving the winning nation an extra slot for the following year is any more unfair, infact it seems alot fairer than penalising a side that earned fourth place to the tune of £25 million. The rule is downright inadequate and not fit for purpose.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Uefa should pull a place from one country and have that place as the Winners place. Then if the team that wins qualifies for the competiton through the league then it goes down one place. Or even just create an extra two qualifying places. I am no fan of Spuds and would love to laugh at them but i really think it is stupid that spuds lost £25m because of a cup game, tis a bad joke imo.

I take nothing away for Chel$ki winning they set out to play a certain way and pulled it off. I obviously hate that the new money won it before us but I will hold out hope that Abramobitch is bored now he has won it and stops throwing money away at that club.

and imagine the bitching that would occur if they pull a CL place from any country

i think its very difficult to make the competition smaller now thats its so big and theres so much money, but i agree the Europa League winners should get a CL spot, or at least a qualifier - would make a lot of teams try a lot harder in that competition methinks

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
and imagine the bitching that would occur if they pull a CL place from any country

i think its very difficult to make the competition smaller now thats its so big and theres so much money, but i agree the Europa League winners should get a CL spot, or at least a qualifier - would make a lot of teams try a lot harder in that competition methinks

They don't pull a place from any country. They use the fair play tables in the event of the CL winners already having obtained a CL spot for the following season. The winning fair play nation then awards the extra CL qualification spot to it's own fair play league winners. That way we reward the teams that play the game in the spirit we would all hope for but also promote the RESPECT campaign with a real and meaningful reward for treating the officials properly.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Sorry but it is not a sensible nor fair rule, it is a half assed rule that was added to address a problem that had not been considered when the competition was concieved and then modernised. The problem is that UEFA don't want to rework the format to be fair to everyone, it is all about protecting the status quo which is why four CL places were handed to the big nations in the first place. Well I don't see how that very occasionally giving the winning nation an extra slot for the following year is any more unfair, infact it seems alot fairer than penalising a side that earned fourth place to the tune of £25 million. The rule is downright inadequate and not fit for purpose.

It was introduced part-way through but that doesn't negate it's sensibility. It might not be entirely fair per se, but it is sensible.

It's not that UEFA don't want to be fair to everyone; it's that they know that a competition with 4 entrants from the top leagues are still higher quality than the winners of ~a dozen Eastern European and Scandianavian team will generate bigger revenues, audiences and be considered a higher quality competition with better standards of football in. They have reworked things in the last few years so the more obscure champions get favoured more but in reality it makes no difference to the competition as a whole.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
4224658_460s.jpg

lulz

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Why not? He's just keen to find out what his role is next year.

Either he transitions into the main man because Drogba can't play 60 games a season, or becomes the main man should Drogba decide to leave on a high.

3 smart purchases and Torres can absolutely thrive in our team.

gohan

I am a FH squatter

ahem you say years and technically that's correct it's been in place for 6 years..... the year liverpool won it everton were still allowed to enter the CL, shame really :)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Hazard is choosing United?

Please please please let it be true!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Been top of the table since round 4 and after Christmas we fired our manager because we "only" had an eight point lead. Our sports director then pointed himself out as the new manager and since then we've been playing like shit! Last four games we've only gotten two points and with yet another loss today we also lost top placement in the league with just one round left. I am beyond pissed off to say the least

Finally Denmark got a ticket to the Champions League which Copenhagen pretty much secured by themselves. This year everything was set up so we would be in the CL next year. That was all that mattered. This Thursday we won the domestic cup but I don't give a flying fuck about that. Those ~13.5M Euro you get for qualifying were meant for us and nobody else. We sold pretty much our entire squad last year and didn't buy anything good. I'm pissed!

We can still win the league tho. If the new top team loses points in the last game and we win, the title is ours. They are playing against number three who are playing for bronze so hopefully we'll still get it, but I don't count on anything now..

What a horrible feeling I have in my body righ now :(

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Hazard is choosing United?

Please please please let it be true!
He just scored his first Ligue 1 hattrick too :p what a time to do it haha... he is meant to be announcing where he is going in the next hour it seems..

He has to be the biggest tease ever though, wow..

Edit: Hahah he just told reporters he doesn't know where he'll be playing next season, what a troll.. omg..

Last edited:

Everz

FH is my second home
Hes a cool character is Hazard. Either way he is going to be at a big club this season, kudos to him for staying with Lille after the mass exodus of players in the previous summer. I believe he would thrive in the EPL but where he would fit is another question, though equally adept at playing midfield I thought he spent the previous seasons out on the wing and cutting in for Lille?

Everz

FH is my second home
For anyone on big upsets.

Montpellier are set to win Ligue 1, how much did they spent? £2mil

PSG are set to finish runners up after spending £106mil.

Hilarious :D.

Gray

FH is my second home
Hope that means Pienaar maybe forced into a move back to Everton now, specially if it "infuriates" the fans to a point they don't want him there.

God hope we can get him back.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah.. I wouldn't be surprised if Ancelotti got the sack and came back to the Prem.. maybe Liverpool? though apparently he is being paid a shit load at PSG so I doubt we would pay anywhere near that..

Everz

FH is my second home
Yeah.. I wouldn't be surprised if Ancelotti got the sack and came back to the Prem.. maybe Liverpool? though apparently he is being paid a shit load at PSG so I doubt we would pay anywhere near that..

Was lolworthly how the PSG fans tried to delay the match, at one point the PSG match was 20 minutes behind the Montpelliers one. Riots on both games as Auxerre got relegated, some scenes in Ligue 1!

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
No I didn't, I heard it on twitter first!

Hazard is making himself look like LeBron!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom