Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Well done Chelsea; after that prick Robben fluffed the penalty I knew it was going to be Chelsea's night. And while I've nothing against Bayern, I loathe Robben and Ribery with a passion; utter cunts the pair of them, so that was extra pleasing.

I don't watch football very often at all, but on watching that game it was clear that a) Ribery was hopeless b) Robben was shiter than shite, taking ridiculous swipes at goal to no avail and then stuffing the penalty.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
It wasn't much of a game tbh, I did think Drogba was going to do an Ole though.

No other option but to have penalties unfortunately, Cech was awesome again. Chelsea will miss him when he leaves, as much as UTD miss Van der Sar. Pube face doesn't come close.

He's only 30 so plenty more years in him yet :)

Hoping Didier gets his 2 year deal after last night, clearly has the gas in the tank for it.

rynnor

Rockhound
FA cup and a champions league trophy, not bad for an interim manager :)

Oddly enough they probably still need a new manager because although he proved he could motivate a team built by previous managers that doesnt mean he can build his own team?

eksdee

FH is my second home
He's only 30 so plenty more years in him yet :)

Hoping Didier gets his 2 year deal after last night, clearly has the gas in the tank for it.

I'd honestly rather see Didier ride off into the night now as a hero, instead of slowly fading out and more importantly holding other strikers back from becoming the main man. I think Torres' performances towards the end of this season show he can be that guy, he looks genuinely dangerous again and I think he deserves the chance. However, while Drogba is there, he'll always play second fiddle.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
^^This

Does anyone know who has to play in the qualifying rounds instead of us now, does it default to Arsenal or some obscure team in Romania?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Oh also, amongst all the Drogba and Cech talk, let's not forget Ryan Bertrand making his first start in Europe in the final and performing excellently. Absolutely magnificent, intelligent performance from the lad playing out of position. Ashley Cole was also incredible, as was the rest of the defence. Even Bosingwa and Luiz hardly put a foot wrong!

soze

I am a FH squatter
I think its a farce Spuds have been kicked out the chavs were not good enough to qualify for he competition so they should not be in it simple really.

Also saw a pride of London flag a the game. I prefer Pride of London via Moscow since 2004 :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Keitanz said:
I dislike the Champions League format.. I wish it was an actual league all the way through or something.

I'd prefer a knockout competition that could only be entered by the champions of each European domestic league. Nah, it would never takeoff.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Well we were good enough to qualify because the rules state the winners automatically qualify :p

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't disagree with you soze but it obviously sounds like sour grapes from a Spurs fan after the fact - we all knew what would happen to the 4th place team if the chavs won seeing as they clearly weren't good enough in the league to qualify next year.

That said... It is a farce tbh. We have 4 entries in the CL and they should be the best 4 teams in the country; ie the top 4 in the prem after match 38. If you finish top four, you qualify. If you don't, tough titties.

It's all Liverpool's fault, as per. ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I would like to see the Europa League winners guaranteed a CL spot as well, it should be easy to accomodate, just put more teams into the qualifiying rounds and make them earn it. Only the champions should automatically be in the league stage anyway and the EL winners imo, then just rework the qualifiers and make them exciting by not having two legs, a proper knockout situation makes for good TV = more revenue.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Uefa should pull a place from one country and have that place as the Winners place. Then if the team that wins qualifies for the competiton through the league then it goes down one place. Or even just create an extra two qualifying places. I am no fan of Spuds and would love to laugh at them but i really think it is stupid that spuds lost £25m because of a cup game, tis a bad joke imo.

I take nothing away for Chel$ki winning they set out to play a certain way and pulled it off. I obviously hate that the new money won it before us but I will hold out hope that Abramobitch is bored now he has won it and stops throwing money away at that club.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Well done chelsea. Was cheering for them to win (horrid thing) but my god they did not deserve it. Absolute trash of a game and munich should have walked it with all their chances.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I don't understand why people get so upset about Chelsea getting the 4th Champions league spot?

The rules were clear at the start of the season. It's easier to come 4th in the Premier league than it is to win the Champions League. I am pretty sure that if Chelsea hadn't been in the later stages of the Champions league they would have probably got a few more points and may well have been 4th themselves.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Whether you agree or disagree with the rule makes no difference the rule has existed for a good few years. Perhaps it wasn't given much thought at the beginning of the season since who would of thought Chelsea would of had such a difficult season, once this was clear it was even more apparent how important third place in the league was going to be.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
And people suggesting that 4th place should go to a crappy league team (whoever they may be) instead of the winners and champions of the highest profile club competition in the world are clearly biased and insane.

It would be too mental not to allow people a chance to defend the title. Both winners of Champions League and Europa League should be granted entry into the competition, at least they have interest and pedigree and are not some flash in the pan team (like teams so often are when they're the 4th best in a league).

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Whether you agree or disagree with the rule makes no difference the rule has existed for a good few years. Perhaps it wasn't given much thought at the beginning of the season since who would of thought Chelsea would of had such a difficult season, once this was clear it was even more apparent how important third place in the league was going to be.

The one clear thing about this is that as winners Chelsea should be allowed to defend no matter what. The rest is just UEFA not putting a fair system into play because they are mostly clueless and lazy.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
And people suggesting that 4th place should go to a crappy league team (whoever they may be) instead of the winners and champions of the highest profile club competition in the world are clearly biased and insane.

It would be too mental not to allow people a chance to defend the title. Both winners of Champions League and Europa League should be granted entry into the competition, at least they have interest and pedigree and are not some flash in the pan team (like teams so often are when they're the 4th best in a league).

Totally agree but as I said earlier, it should not be too difficult to restructure into a system that is fair for everyone. Spurs have just lost out of £25 million revenue and potentially more, it might be the rule but it isn't a good rule and it needs to be changed.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
525603_3173114693111_1422854116_32256151_1998694380_n.jpg

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH

I wonder what your views would be if the team in 4th were Arsenal and not your most hated team....

They should just let Spurs and Chelsea play each other over two legs... the winner goes through to the group stages... still not good enough for Spurs but it would be ok then..

soze

I am a FH squatter

I am not biased I have no love for either team. But a 38 games season means Spuds earned that more than Chel$kis cup run especially when they could just drop the Winners into the qualifying round.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I wonder what your views would be if the team in 4th were Arsenal and not your most hated team....

They should just let Spurs and Chelsea play each other over two legs... the winner goes through to the group stages... still not good enough for Spurs but it would be ok then..

Tottenham aren't my most hated team. So nice try. I was cheering Bayern.

And Spurs didn't lost £25m off the back of qualification rules. They lost £25m cos they couldn't hold on to a huge points lead.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I am not biased I have no love for either team. But a 38 games season means Spuds earned that more than Chel$kis cup run especially when they could just drop the Winners into the qualifying round.

Chelsea beat Barcelona, Bayern on their way to win the final. Tottenham were losing to shit teams and you seem to be forgetting Chelsea smashed them 5-1 a month or so back....

soze

I am a FH squatter
Chelsea beat Barcelona, Bayern on their way to win the final. Tottenham were losing to shit teams and you seem to be forgetting Chelsea smashed them 5-1 a month or so back....
I can't disagree with that but a 38 game season tells me more about a team than the fact they can pick themselves up for cup games. It does not make sense to me and I doubt it ever will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom