Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
But will whoever comes in be able to replicate what Drogba has done ? I doubt it.. it would cost them around the £40-50m mark as well.. and that player might be another big flop...

If only Lukaku was as good in real life as he is in FM :D

Are you trying to sell them Andy Carroll? :D

They just need to buy Hulk or Falcao, then modify they way they play a little bit. There is quality out there, not many direct replacements for Drogba but Chelsea freshening things up would be no bad thing, personally I think they really need to overhaul thier wingplay.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Are you trying to sell them Andy Carroll? :D

They just need to buy Hulk or Falcao, then modify they way they play a little bit. There is quality out there, not many direct replacements for Drogba but Chelsea freshening things up would be no bad thing, personally I think they really need to overhaul thier wingplay.
Speaking of Hulk this still makes me laugh :D http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2080156/Chelsea-record-84m-bid-Hulk.html both of them will cost at least £55-60m though...

I think Torres might be off to Spain again this summer... £20m + Torres for Falcao sounds like a likely deal for Chelsea..... bit of a gamble though.. .

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Bale and Modric will probably wanna leave this summer now as well.. will be an interesting transfer window !

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Chelsea just made £50 million or more and so next seasons numbers should look good, remaining within FFP is going be insanely difficult for them but I am not convinced FFP is ever going to happen anyway. Billionaires and clubs financed by states have a huge amount of power, do not be suprised if UEFA back down and if they do then football really is fucked. Infact it could be fucked anyway, a collapse of the Euro will fuck us all over so badly that paying for football will be the least of our worries.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Bale and Modric will probably wanna leave this summer now as well.. will be an interesting transfer window !

Yep, would not be suprised if United bought Modric and completely ignored the gaping hole in our midfield, Fergie seems blind to the weaknesses of Carrick and does not appear to be looking for a defensive midfieler of any age. It could well be our undoing yet again, a failure to replace at the right time in the right areas combined with a failure to move on players who do not contribute enough when the big occasion arises.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Barca and Real will be fucked if Spain goes...which it probably will do, aren't they basically government funded?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It'll not happen quickly but it will be phased in over time.

It already is being phased in, the numbers for this year and next year will be contributory towards the first proper season of FFP regulation. Any spending done now applies to what happens down the line, just on a sliding scale as I understand it. They phased it in to allow teams to build and invest for the next two years but also put in safeguards to stop the likes of City going nuts and just buying another £300 million worth of talent before 2013-2014.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well done chelski boys, a brilliant defensive performance. Galls me to see terry anywhere near that trophy though.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Embattle

FH is my second home
It already is being phased in, the numbers for this year and next year will be contributory towards the first proper season of FFP regulation. Any spending done now applies to what happens down the line, just on a sliding scale as I understand it. They phased it in to allow teams to build and invest for the next two years but also put in safeguards to stop the likes of City going nuts and just buying another £300 million worth of talent before 2013-2014.

I know that the official phase in is already happening, what I'm referring to is a sort of unofficial continuation of the phased approach where there will be warnings and some form of lesser punishment before the block is truly put in place.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I know that the official phase in is already happening, what I'm referring to is a sort of unofficial continuation of the phased approach where there will be warnings and some form of lesser punishment before the block is truly put in place.

They can draw a line in the sand right now but I don't think they will. You see City have already had a £400 million cash injection with the dodgy Ethiad deal which is owned by Qatar but also they sponsor Barcelona and own PSG who also have a very dodgy sponsorship deal that originates from Qatar. That is a massive conflict of interest, not only do they have vested interests in at least 3 major clubs but they are also funneling money to the clubs they own with deals that try to circumvent FFP.

So UEFA could act tomorrow and outlaw those deals simply by saying that any revenue from such deals is not counted or even any amount above market rates is not counted. That way City can not be funded with a £400 million sponsorship deal that the revenue of the club nor the size of the fanbase can justify.

Sadly I don't see it happening, UEFA will huff and puff but nothing will happen beyond threats and insignificant fines.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well done Chelsea; after that prick Robben fluffed the penalty I knew it was going to be Chelsea's night. And while I've nothing against Bayern, I loathe Robben and Ribery with a passion; utter cunts the pair of them, so that was extra pleasing.

Embattle

FH is my second home
In essense yes, both have had very dodgy and sizeable 'investments' from local or state governments for decades. Iirc there was a very odd land deal that effectively refloated Madrid, the local council paid way over the odds.

This is worth a read...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/07/manchester-city-etihad-deal-improper

Personally I'm awaiting the result of the Etihad name deal since when I read about it months ago I considered it a some what questionable transaction. The MC ground is certainly nice but in reality besides having a fairly big ground they've been spending more than any one else over the last few years and then when you add in the revenue position they would certainly suffer more than us.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Personally I'm awaiting the result of the Etihad name deal since when I read about it months ago I considered it a some what questionable transaction. The MC ground is certainly nice but in reality besides having a fairly big ground they've been spending more than any one else over the last few years and then when you add in the revenue position they would certainly suffer more than us.

Agreed, the amount of ticket discounting they have to do is insane. Barely a month goes by when they aren't advertising on radio and in the local papers with ticket price reductions to try and keep the ground full. Cup games against Birmingham and Liverpool are classic examples where they were massively under capacity EVEN WITH huge ticket price reductions. It didn't work for some the Champions League games too, substantially under capacity for both Villareal and Napoli even with heavy discounts and despite it being thier first ever Champions League campaign. The Europa League attendances were even worse, they GAVE AWAY boatloads of tickets away as prizes, £10 tickets and kids for £5 and yet still couldn't fill up or even close despite drawing quality opposition in Porto and Sporting Lisbon.

Then you have the season ticket price, the cheapest is £260 and is available for a large section of the ground, works out at £13.50 a game which is second only to Blackburn as the cheapest in the league. The cup ticket scheme is incredibly cheap as well, capped at £15 a game until at least the quarter finals of any competition.

In essence what you have is a club that has the highest transfer spend, the highest wages, the most valuable squad and the highest player bonus scheme. Yet the club is run at a massive loss because the matchday ticket revenue is but a fraction of what it should be for a club of it's size who are competing at the top and have a side full of world class players. The fans still don't spend. Therefore the owners subsidise, vast fortunes infact. City cannot be run as a business because it just isn't viable with the current squad and transfer policy, UEFA see this but so far have allowed this £400 million cash injection to fly even though it is blatently obvious that City are trying to bypass both the rules and spirit of FFP.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Watched this as the only Chelsea fan in a group of 6 people, 3 of which were Spurs fans

521440_3419593125545_1500408151_n.jpg

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Lovely. Well done Chelsea. Champions of Europe!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well done Chelski. Winning the champion's league = t3h excellent work!

However, just to provide some perspective, a quote from Auntie:
beeb said:
The tournament which gave Chelsea their greatest agony when they lost on penalties to Manchester United four years ago in Moscow had now delivered the greatest glory in their 107-year history.

Greatest glory?

It's not even Liverpool's fifth-greatest glory. You've a lot of catching up to do, whippersnappers :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Fuck off poor Tottenham, they have been the victims of some fucking incredible trolling by the FA and RDM :D

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I dislike the Champions League format.. I wish it was an actual league all the way through or something.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh well, we've only got ourselves to blame for fucking up the run-in so massively. We should've been home and dry in third by April.

eksdee can still fuckoff with his classless goading though. :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It wasn't much of a game tbh, I did think Drogba was going to do an Ole though.

No other option but to have penalties unfortunately, Cech was awesome again. Chelsea will miss him when he leaves, as much as UTD miss Van der Sar. Pube face doesn't come close.

Everz

FH is my second home
BLACKPOOL AWAY!!!!! YIPPEEEE

Oh and well in Chelsea, was flying back so missed the game but got told when I got off.. much to my annoyance, Congratulations all around!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
congrats Chelsea, and sorry Tottenham

FA cup and a champions league trophy, not bad for an interim manager :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom