Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
He wouldn't.. he'd lost the dressing room. Mick's Men werent playing for their glorious leader anymore. We were never the most gifted but what kept us up was team spirit and fighting to the death, but the players got disillusioned with that (appointment of RJ as captain firstly) and gave up. He should have gone in November.

It's been a momumental fuck up by Mick and the board (timing of sacking/replacement). With the latter rightly paying for his job at the wrong time.. keeping him now and it'd be a cycle again. Shame as I thought this time we had nipped it and would look to establish ourselves.

Last year you were all slating Mcarthy for playing Henry, because he couldn't play football and was just a thug. So he replaced the club captain, with a player (Johnson) who most would agree along with Dann were the reason Birmingham were successful. It wasn't a stupid gamble, but I think Mick thought the players wouldn't act like spoilt children and blame the new guy for everything that went wrong in a game. Now your crying for Henry the saviour of the team because he has fighting spirit.

He's was the manager that brought back the supposed glory days for Wolves, and the second he changes capatin everyone suddenly decides he isn't good enough and has lost the dressing room??? The players are the ones that need to look at themselves.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Wow Swansea don't have their own training facility? they train at a members health club? :eek:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
33xfqtw.png

Everz

FH is my second home
Last year you were all slating Mcarthy for playing Henry, because he couldn't play football and was just a thug. So he replaced the club captain, with a player (Johnson) who most would agree along with Dann were the reason Birmingham were successful. It wasn't a stupid gamble, but I think Mick thought the players wouldn't act like spoilt children and blame the new guy for everything that went wrong in a game. Now your crying for Henry the saviour of the team because he has fighting spirit.

He's was the manager that brought back the supposed glory days for Wolves, and the second he changes capatin everyone suddenly decides he isn't good enough and has lost the dressing room??? The players are the ones that need to look at themselves.

Never said it was stupid, at the time it was a fantastic signing to me, I couldn't have guessed the knock-on effect he had. To the 'old guard' so to speak, Henry was considered the leader and the voice, replacing him meant those around became disillusioned with what Mick was doing, we were a dogheaded fighting team last season, you can't tell me that vanished in the spaces of a couple months can you?

What I thought was Mick's handling of the situation was poor, Rodge the Bodge's captaincy should have been removed the second it was having an effect on the rest of the team, it became clear after 4-5 matches in that the players weren't getting on with him and has been evident throughout the season.

On wanting Henry back, why not, when he isn't chopping legs he's actually a decent footballer and good for breaking up play, combined with the fact that he respects the captaincy, he's a local lad and does play his heart for us. That's what is wanted in a Captain surely, someone who has a geniunely affection for the club, not some half-berked cockney pisshead?

He did bring it back and I'm eternally grateful to him for that. The appointment of RJ as captain was one of numerous mistakes he made that ultimate lead to him losing his job and pointing us towards the drop. He himself admits that he was far too loyal players and it 'may' have caused a rift in the dressing room because of this.

I still stand the major mistake was not bringing in a new face, sticking TC in there was just the same old crap and the players didn't change. Half of them don't give a fuck, a handful had already booked there summer hols before the January Window was over (O'hara.. can't wait to get rid of this cretin).

Johnson/Dann partnership was ok, but it still sent Blues down and as it stands both players are heading towards the Championship.. solid partnership eh? I can only hope we can burn the fuckers contract rather then having him leeching for years.

Wish people wouldn't hop on the Mick fanclub just because he does a good interview. He had lost it way before the Albion game and should have been given the mighty boot before the Jan window, a Championship manager is all he will ever be.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
If he had bought Johnson and stuck him on the bench after 4-5 games and gone with Henry and then wolves lost the fans would then have called for his head for not playing the new player or wasting money though wouldnt they?

It's damned if you do, damned if you don't with football fans.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You mean that Howard Webb that this season has given more favourable decisions to Man City than he has Man Utd?

LOL!?!

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Johnson/Dann partnership was ok, but it still sent Blues down and as it stands both players are heading towards the Championship.. solid partnership eh? I can only hope we can burn the fuckers contract rather then having him leeching for years.

Wish people wouldn't hop on the Mick fanclub just because he does a good interview. He had lost it way before the Albion game and should have been given the mighty boot before the Jan window, a Championship manager is all he will ever be.

Both of them were injured after the cup final and didn't even play a handful of games together after it. That's why they went down, they didn't have cover for the two of them. The players should have backed Mick from the start when he was brought in, the fact was he was an improvement at centre half and Mick wanted a leader from the back. The fact the old allowed the Managers decisions to split the camp isn't Micks fault. It's the players.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So who do you want to win the league out of Man U or Man C?

Hate to say it but, UTD. I hate just about everything about City, I hope their owners get bored and get rid, I hope they then collapse over their wages and Carlos kick about, mercenary, cunt players attitudes.

Anyone but City tbh.

Everz

FH is my second home
Both of them were injured after the cup final and didn't even play a handful of games together after it. That's why they went down, they didn't have cover for the two of them. The players should have backed Mick from the start when he was brought in, the fact was he was an improvement at centre half and Mick wanted a leader from the back. The fact the old allowed the Managers decisions to split the camp isn't Micks fault. It's the players.

Roger a leader? The man cowers away from any responsibility, any cunt that turns up fucked off his face for training does not deserve to play for my club, especially when that player is captain. He shyd away from any responsibility as captain, never yelled or tried to gee anyone up like Henry did. Oh right, so on that logic, SAF was in the wrong for getting rid of Tevez, the man is a proven hazard and disruption.. but the players should adapt obviously?

They werent you muppet, Dann got injured and then the Blues plummeted, in hindsights it's because Dann was covering for Johnson total lack of pace and turning circle of an 18-wheeler.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I hope City win it. I really couldn't care that they've bought themselves a potential title, they're simply the best side in the league atm (aside from Newcastle ofc).

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I absolutely hope Utd win it, it's a question of which team I dislike the least. I hate the notion of some rich bastard buying a team as a play-thing, especially when it's done as blatantly as it has been at City.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom