Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well it's a given that TC will be gone from the top job, he doesn't want it anyway.

He may well stay as a coach though.

You've said before that financially you are secure, and have planned for relegation. Do you think this is true?

Everz

FH is my second home
Well it's a given that TC will be gone from the top job, he doesn't want it anyway.

He may well stay as a coach though.

You've said before that financially you are secure, and have planned for relegation. Do you think this is true?

Yep, all our contracts have relegation clauses in, we go down with a profit rather then a debt which all club going down seem to have. We don't need to sell but won't stand in the way of players who are already elsewhere (Fletcher) or deadwood that needs to go (Johnson, Millijas, etc). We can make enough sales and have a decent enough squad to win promotion at the first ask.. thankfully we have always prepared for relegation.

Hes sad because that is his 13 year era at Wolves over, he won't be retained as a coach, a total fresh start is needed. If we want to net Ole as all our sources have shown he's our prime target, he'll want his own backstaff in there.

Everz

FH is my second home
It all comes down to the next 2-3 weeks.. we need a manager appointed by then.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I don't think you'll come back up at all next season. I think the fallout will be too much for you as a club, Jarvis and co aint gonna stick around if another club comes sniffing. And your squad isn't the biggest at all. The teams getting promoted from the championship are doing so playing attractive attacking football, I just can't see Wolves being able to nail that next year, especially as I think there are potentially some decent clubs in that division that are not going up this year.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Anyone understand how the fair play tables work? Everton have 1 red card and 54 yellows, total score 56 points. Manchester City have 5 red cards and 44 yellows for a total score of 52 points. Lower points means higher up the table. Seems odd that red cards aren't carrying more of a penalty in the points process.

It's done on more than just on-pitch discipline, things like behaviour towards officials, how fans behave etc.

Everz

FH is my second home
I don't think you'll come back up at all next season. I think the fallout will be too much for you as a club, Jarvis and co aint gonna stick around if another club comes sniffing. And your squad isn't the biggest at all. The teams getting promoted from the championship are doing so playing attractive attacking football, I just can't see Wolves being able to nail that next year, especially as I think there are potentially some decent clubs in that division that are not going up this year.

We came up playing attacking football and that doesn't work in the prem, argue all you want with what Norwich/Swansea have done this season.. but how is that any difference to Reading/Ipswich/Hull/Blackpool and co have done before and all have plummeted back down. Mark my words, both of those two will face the drop next season.

Now as for the players sticking around, as noted, it depends who we bring in as a manager. A sign of intent in a good management appointment will keep Jarvis around. Fletcher is good as gone, deadwood will be moved on and our promising youth (Doherty, Forde, Batth, Griffiths) can be bought in, all of whom have been out on loan and have been highly rated by the clubs that have had them. We have the return of the Algerian prince aswell who is currently donning the Champ. We have a good enough squad with the right additions to go up (Jordan Rhodes for one), remember.. we don't have to sell.

As for decent clubs that means sweet fuck all in the Champ. Reading are a god awful team but got promoted on one thing. Form. Thats all we need, this time next year I fully expect to be celebrating a swift return. If not then the 2MMs heads need to be on a stake above the white elephant.

Everz

FH is my second home
steven fletcher ‏ @stevenfletch10 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Gutted about 2day not a nice feeling at all....we will be back

Yet this fills me with all the optimism in the world. Hopefully we Fletch :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Making all the right noises means nothing Everz, you know full well a bid will come in for him, most probably from one of the promoted teams, or one of the survivors from this year.

He's not going to tweet, "gutted for the lads, but at least I'll be back in the prem next year. trollolol" is he?

Everz

FH is my second home
Making all the right noises means nothing Everz, you know full well a bid will come in for him, most probably from one of the promoted teams, or one of the survivors from this year.

He's not going to tweet, "gutted for the lads, but at least I'll be back in the prem next year. trollolol" is he?

He won't go to a promoted team, if a Sunderland/Everton came in then I'd expect him to go, but any other team? No. Not when he knows that if he sticks with us we'll go back up at the first time of asking.

Like I said, I hope with a new manager a gentlemans agreement can be kicked up for Fletcher to stay until January.

A team like this would be good value for promotion.

Dorus/Hennessey​
Zubar Batth Berra <new LB>​
Kightly Henry/Davis Guerdiora Jarvis​
Fletcher Rhodes/Griffiths​
I expect the likes of Johnson, Hunt, O'Hara, Doyle, Egg, Elokobi, Millijas, to be sold.​
I expect Forde/Doherty/Gorman to be part of the squad, I expect a bit more focus on squad depth.​

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Over the season he has been outstanding, tough call though really.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'd say walker is a better choice too, aguero is fairly established and should be up for the main award only. Walker has had a breakthrough season.

Turamber

Part of the furniture

Not sure I agree with any of this. Wolves have a track record of being able to achieve promotion out of the Championship and I'm sure they will. The style of football has absolutely nothing to do with getting results, and it is results that will get them promoted. All they have to do is appoint the right manager. I hear Mick McCarthy is available.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Dorus/Hennessey​
Zubar Batth Berra <new LB>​
Kightly Henry/Davis Guerdiora Jarvis​
Fletcher Rhodes/Griffiths​

Hennessey will play for Southampton next year, and Rhodes will be warming a premier league bench imo.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I actually think if they had kept Mick it wouldn't have been so bad.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I feel so sorry for TC man, I like the guy. Would love to just go give him a hug.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Man, just realised we could go joint third next week, didn't realise we had a game in hand over Arsenal :ROFLMAO:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Rafael and Evra should be shot, both or one out of position for all of the goals. Fergie should have pulled Rafael at 4-2 and put Smalling on, Young should have been brought on to pressure McFadden as Nani couldn't be arsed. No one else to blame but ourselves, a few of those players need a good kick in the arse.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Rafael and Evra should be shot, both or one out of position for all of the goals. Fergie should have pulled Rafael at 4-2 and put Smalling on, Young should have been brought on to pressure McFadden as Nani couldn't be arsed. No one else to blame but ourselves, a few of those players need a good kick in the arse.
Rafael did look out of position for all of the goals, shocking defending really. Man utd were lucky Rooney/wellbeck both played well or it could have been worse. Thought welllbeck had a really good game

Everz

FH is my second home
Hennessey will play for Southampton next year, and Rhodes will be warming a premier league bench imo.

Have him tbh, he has a clanger in him consistently and ironically ole Dorus seems to be a far superior keeper. The right money and he'll come to us no problem.

And keeping Mick meant we were doomed, TC was the scapegoat, feel sorry for the bloke but his time here has come to an end and thats what makes it sad.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Can't agree, sacking Mick cost you imo, he isn't tactically great but he would have made a real fight of it.

Everz

FH is my second home
He wouldn't.. he'd lost the dressing room. Mick's Men werent playing for their glorious leader anymore. We were never the most gifted but what kept us up was team spirit and fighting to the death, but the players got disillusioned with that (appointment of RJ as captain firstly) and gave up. He should have gone in November.

It's been a momumental fuck up by Mick and the board (timing of sacking/replacement). With the latter rightly paying for his job at the wrong time.. keeping him now and it'd be a cycle again. Shame as I thought this time we had nipped it and would look to establish ourselves.

Everz

FH is my second home
That said.. good luck City towards winning the title. Fans/Players of there were top class towards us today and some good words said from all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom