Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
top of the league!!!!!!!! until reading kick off in 3 minutes.

edit - worrying about what? we're still favourite to get promotion, not them.

youve had a bit of a wobble recently though, and theyve made some ground up

eksdee

FH is my second home
Bayern are looking absolutely lethal on the counter. Every time I watch Toni Kroos he seems to get better also, great player.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Disciplined, technically good throughout the lineup and great on the counter = probably the only team up to beating Barca.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Finally! Someone with enough sense to put Shearer up front.

He's a boring fucker but there's no denying his ability. If he'd gone to United instead of Blackburn I reckon him and Cantona would have been something to see.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
He's a boring fucker but there's no denying his ability. If he'd gone to United instead of Blackburn I reckon him and Cantona would have been something to see.

Wasn't the reason Cantona would not relinquish taking the penalties lol?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Thought bayern deserved to win, Ronaldo again very disappointing against a good team, flat track bully?

Also thought Howard Webb had a good game.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Thought bayern deserved to win, Ronaldo again very disappointing against a good team, flat track bully?

Bollocks, he scored plenty against Barcelona and other top class sides. Take off your bitching goggles! :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Still that is 2 more than most players and those 2 have come since Madrid have been a stronger side, more able to compete.

Now look at all the other goals he has scored against top sides since joining Madrid a few years ago. Then look at all the goals he scored for United, a few against a very strong Chelsea as I recall. ;)

eksdee

FH is my second home
Wasn't denying he's a great player, just the validity of your point. :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
He has scored plenty, a good amount against quality opposition. His record speaks for itself and if he wins La Liga or CL this year then he will join a very elite group of players.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I also thought the English officials all did themselves proud, unlike real. Real are a brilliant attacking team, they are not good trying to sit back and defend, yet Jose consistently has them doing this against the top teams. Bayern exploited poor tactics from real perfectly.

Everz

FH is my second home
He has scored plenty, a good amount against quality opposition. His record speaks for itself and if he wins La Liga or CL this year then he will join a very elite group of players.

So he's effectively as good as Ibra? Scores a fair amount and wins titles wherever he goes?

Ronaldo was a shambles (again) tonight. The difference between him and Messi is that the latter can do it simply and whenever.

eksdee

FH is my second home

Again, I'm not denying that. He just hasn't scored 'plenty' of goals against Barcelona has he? ;)

DaGaffer

So he's effectively as good as Ibra? Scores a fair amount and wins titles wherever he goes?

Ronaldo was a shambles (again) tonight. The difference between him and Messi is that the latter can do it simply and whenever.

Except at international level. They both suck there.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Apparently Real Madrid's locker room got robbed and Ronaldo's boots as well as Ozil's and Benzema's were stolen, along with some shirts. At their hotel some tickets were stolen, one of which was meant to go to Khedira. They all had extra pairs, but it is something that stresses you out just before a big match and takes your focus off of the game and the situation you are in.

DaGaffer

I more blame that in both of those it's literally 'pass the ball to Messi/Ronaldo' and expect them to win the game.

For Ronaldo maybe, not Messi; his problems with Argentina are nothing to do with the (really rather good) players around him; its more psychological.

Everz

FH is my second home
For Ronaldo maybe, not Messi; his problems with Argentina are nothing to do with the (really rather good) players around him; its more psychological.

Hmm, too sound like a cunt, it's mostly due to them not having a Xavi or Iniesta in my honest opinion, with Argentina there opponents can focus on blocking Messi out of the game and they will most likely win because who else will pose a threat, especially when the game is to have everything going through Messi (hence why I argued previously that having him there is more a hidderance then a benefit at times). I don't rate Argentina as highly as you seem too, no use having such great attacking prowess when the defense is like a sieve.

People who scream that Maradona won a WC on his own didn't realise that the rest of that Argentina team was pretty good.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Haha after reading that Dani Alves article they should!
If Chelsea get an early goal and hope to hold a 1-0 victory I think it will backfire.
If Chelsea try and hold a 0-0 (then nick a goal at Nou Camp) they will concede.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No chance, but good luck chelski, hope you cheat the cheaters out of one.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Such a dangerous tactic to play against Barca, but it's giving them plenty of chances with that long ball on the break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom