Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah I saw he had a right go at the ref, could've been a Celtic pen at 1-1 but ended up losing 2-1 to a pen at the other end amiright? I haven't seen the Celtic "pen" so don't know if it was or wasn't.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Agreed, just seen the squads. Looks like Villa have already written off this game and are saving some players for the last few games.

soze

I am a FH squatter
caLLous said:
Yeah I saw he had a right go at the ref, could've been a Celtic pen at 1-1 but ended up losing 2-1 to a pen at the other end amiright? I haven't seen the Celtic "pen" so don't know if it was or wasn't.

Neither the Hearts or Celtic claims were pens, but the Celtic goal was offside so it evened it self out.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
BIG RON!!!!
I've missed the crazy old fool on TV since his little slip up on ITV.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Nice touch for the 1 min silence :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh give over, that was a legitimate pen, he went down true, but it was a pen.

edit:// no other player in the league would have not done the same, contact was there.

soze

I am a FH squatter
He seems to like "earning" a penalty doesn't he. And against his old club too what a fine human being he is.

I agree is was a pen by the way but Young did nothing to try and stay on his feet and started to go down to early and theatrically but there was contact so it was a pen.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Was contact, went down easily but shit happens.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He seems to like "earning" a penalty doesn't he. And against his old club too what a fine human being he is.

I thought the one against QPR was disgusting, but are you truly saying to me that any of the other players in the league would not have gone down to that double contact?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh give over, that was a legitimate pen, he went down true, but it was a pen.

edit:// no other player in the league would have not done the same, contact was there.
He could simply fall over, not put on a show worthy of being given maximum points for artistic and technical ability. He over egged it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Ch3tan said:
I thought the one against QPR was disgusting, but are you truly saying to me that any of the other players in the league would not have gone down to that double contact?

Read my edit mate I agree with you it was a bit theatrical but there was contact so in today's game you go down and take the pen. And no virtually no one would of stayed up then.

Embattle

FH is my second home
That has and always will be a crap excuse, certainly not one I used when Drogba went down like a sack of spuds in his early days.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
That has and always will be a crap excuse, certainly not one I used when Drogba went down like a sack of spuds in his early days.

It's not a crap excuse because our refs do not give decisions if a player tries to stay up. See the West Brom game yesterday for a perfect example. Long stayed on his feet, but was off balance for the shot. He should have got a penalty, but the ref did not give it as he got his shot off.

soze

I am a FH squatter
It's not a crap excuse because our refs do not give decisions if a player tries to stay up. See the West Brom game yesterday for a perfect example. Long stayed on his feet, but was off balance for the shot. He should have got a penalty, but the ref did not give it as he got his shot off.
Exactly Young stays up and take a shot and put it into row Z he will get the hair-dryer from Fergie for wasting the chance. It is a fact in modern football if it is a choice of take the soft pen or risk a shot 90 time out of 100 the player will go down. And this one was not even a case of Young kicking the defender to make the contact.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I thought I saw Young stand on the defenders foot before being clipped... Need to watch the replays at half time.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Looks pretty disgraceful to me:
157oj15.jpg

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Missed the first 10 minutes but I've already seen Rafael slip over (buy some longer studs ffs!) and Welbeck do the usual "I can run around all day like a dog, however I cannot control the ball".

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Lol Ch3t you're really defending that dive? That's really poor. I'd hate to win the league like that.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Dive, not suprised, will keep happening until he gets a red card for it.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Anyone know how many goals Rooney has scored this season, and how many have been from Penalties?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Should be a mandatory 3 game ban for diving, based on post match referee analysis. Regardless of whether the player got booked. They would soon clean up their act.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Have there been any red cards this season for dives? I can't remember any atm.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Sydrik said:
Agreed, just seen the squads. Looks like Villa have already written off this game and are saving some players for the last few games.

Not so much that as we have a small squad with lots of seniors injured. That said McLeish's tactics are piss poor again. Concede space, don't bother closing down, no fluency going forward. A 2 0 defeat is a great score line in McLeish's world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom