Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

gohan

I am a FH squatter
they should bring out a new mode on football manager, where you can be director of football, just sort the signings the wages etc and let someone else do the tictacs :)

Vae

Resident Freddy
Yep planning is essential. I've currently got 9 players for gameweek 34 and therefore 6 who will have a double game week (DGW) in week 36. I'm sitting on 2 free transfers. I can carry one over to next week which will give me 3 transfers in weeks 35 and 36 to increase the DGW players from 6 to 9. I'm deciding what to do with the transfer I must make this week. I need to decide to either get a 10th player to play this week (but I'll lose a DGW player) or trade a DGW with another DGW player on week 34 player with another. Either way I will have a total of 29 players (9 in week 34 +20 in week 36 or 10 in week 34 and 19 in week 36) playing over the 2 gameweeks.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The above is why I cba with fantasy football.

You should choose 11 players at the start of the season. Death should permanently reduce your ranks. Nightmare mode. Job done. :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Why not just buy "accountancy budget manager" or something? There's probably a sim for it somewhere :p

gohan

I am a FH squatter
lol, but it's fun spotting the players with potential, and good vaulue for money that will play well on a team etc..... I just get bored when it's purely game after game and no business side of things to run

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
they should bring out a new mode on football manager, where you can be director of football, just sort the signings the wages etc and let someone else do the tictacs :)
Yep, it will probably happen one day as there isn't much else they can add to the game so they can charge another £30 at release...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yep, it will probably happen one day as there isn't much else they can add to the game so they can charge another £30 at release...

They have been at it over 20 years and it still sells despite not being much better! :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Amazing how people whine about £25 or so on FM every year and yet have no problem forking out £40-50 on FIFA each year without complaint.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Amazing how people whine about £25 or so on FM every year and yet have no problem forking out £40-50 on FIFA each year without complaint.

Eww no I don't buy that FIFA shit but I do buy FM and will continue to do so, it has a special place in my heart, even if a new release every year with tiny changes is ridiculous. :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
A lot more goes into it than you think. Not everything's immediately apparent in a game like FM - a lot goes on under the hood to tweak core elements. I'd rather we did that than shove in 10 new screens that serve no purpose but look new :)

gohan

I am a FH squatter
tbh i'd prefer them to bring out a new one each year, If i played FM 2003 still Anthony le Talec and Igor Biscan would be world beaters......... whereas, they are clearly not xD

gohan

I am a FH squatter
can't remember any being touted as wonderkids recently (i know robinson was last year but he's still 18) richie partridge maybe? then pongolle and le tallac, think john welsh was a wonder kid in an older version aswell, and stephen warnock

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Liverpool fans last season were all crying their cocks off about how Woy wasn't playing the world beater Pacheco... They also think Sterling is going to be the best thing ever.

Liverpool fans *shakes*

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Never liked Pacheco. Flattered to decieve. Not seen much of sterling, but heard he's still a bit weak physically for the prem but nice and direct.

I'll put my flag in the ground right now tho - I think Martin Kelly's got it in him to be the future England right-back if he continues developing the way he is.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Glen Johnson is currently first-choice right back. Kelly is better than him defensively (by a country mile). He's not as good going forward, but he ain't shite by any means...

gohan

I am a FH squatter
TBH I'd play johnson RM

He's get a good cross and shot, decent pace etc, but can't defend

Reina
Kelly Agger Skrtle Enrique
Johnson Lucas(when fit) Downing
Gerrard Suarez
Carroll

I think with Downing acctaully playing as a LM like he did at villa and Johnson as a RM carroll might acctaully have a chance of doing what he was brought in to do, dominate in the air, then you have the tenique of suarez and gerrard to deal with shit on the ground

this is why i should be in charge..........

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I buy FIFA if it has big updates sure.. like the recent defence update completely changed the game! worth £30 a year though just for the online, can't say the same for FM... I would easily pay over £100 a year if Football Manager Online was created, it gets boring playing alone and the network bit on FM is complete shit.

Bring back Football Manager Live ffs :( literally loved that game so much.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I didn't realise Anelka was player-manager at Shanghai Shenhua. That's not what he went there as is it?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I buy FIFA if it has big updates sure.. like the recent defence update completely changed the game! worth £30 a year though just for the online, can't say the same for FM... I would easily pay over £100 a year if Football Manager Online was created, it gets boring playing alone and the network bit on FM is complete shit.

Bring back Football Manager Live ffs :( literally loved that game so much.

What defines a big update? You think implementing features like adding/removing leagues in save games, completely new tactical analyses, conversation reworks, GUI overhaul etc are small things? What could we possibly "add" into the game to make a "big update?" like you say, given that it's by far and away the most comprehensive game of its ilk, ever?

And you expect all this in roughly 6 months dev time? You really have no idea how this stuff works, do you? :)

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
What defines a big update? You think implementing features like adding/removing leagues in save games, completely new tactical analyses, conversation reworks, GUI overhaul etc are small things? What could we possibly "add" into the game to make a "big update?" like you say, given that it's by far and away the most comprehensive game of its ilk, ever?

And you expect all this in roughly 6 months dev time? You really have no idea how this stuff works, do you? :)
The conversation / morale bullshit is retarded in FM.. if there was a forced poll on everyone then I doubt that 20% of the players would want that crap..

Everything else is OK, but look for example at BC2 -> BF3 .. 18 months between each game and the improvements in BF3 were just huge..

I want to be able to load FM up, turn the morale stuff and interviews off and play the game without worrying about my player being upset with me because I said he's been performing like a one eyed lesbian in an interview.. it completely ruins the game for me when a player I really like gets pissed off and then wants to leave the club. I bought CM09 I think it was about 2 years ago, it didn't have any of that crap and it was really fun to play.

If FM really wants to move on to the next level then it has to have more of a focus on online. Plus allow for much more modding of the game like completely change rules, maybe allow for 5 a side (though according to Duffy a while ago I think ago he said the bloody match engine was coded without any flexibility in changing team sizes...)..

But for me the focus HAS to be on the online side.. I'm not sure if you played Football Manager Live Wazz but it would be simply brilliant if they brought it back but made it so people had to pay £5 a month to SI but then users could download some software to run a server and people would connect to it.. no server costs for SI and no real hassle for them apart from implementing new features.

At the moment on the online mode of FM it's just totally annoying waiting for people to continue, it's ok if you are 2-3 people but any more and it just takes forever.

I saw Football Manager Online is being created by SI/some korean company for Korea only or whatever, total crap, but whatever, I hope it comes to Europe one day...

I'd love for something big to happen in the online part of FM but I really doubt it will happen .......

Edit: In a perfect world, games don't release new versions and ask for £30 unless they add a new big gameplay feature... there wasn't really one in FM12 ... in FIFA12 there was, in FIFA11 no, in FIFA10, no, in FIFA9 yes (ultimate team was a huuuuge addition which was made a lot better in fifa10/11) and is really awesome....

The last big nice addition FM made was the 3D engine.. the rest could have just been patches...... but hey some companies are in it for the money and some are in it for the games! :/

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So you're comparing what a multi million pound game budget, with HUNDREDS of staff can do in 3 times as long with what a team of 70 or so can do?

You're a total, fucking idiot.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Wow.... jesus wept, you'd think improved gameplay mattered, but clearly not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom