Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Well in my defence if he hadn't linked to a site blocked by work due to its inappropriate nature I would have known it was posted.

Also not embedding videos = n00b. ;)

gohan

I am a FH squatter
charlie adam liverpools most hated new signing?

other than carrol and henderson and downing :)

to be fair I don't hate any of the I just don't think they're good enough, carrol id a fucking nubber tho tbh

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Ithink Carroll is the only of the 4 that isnt an average player anyway. Downing/Henderson/Adam were all average players before Liverpool paid vast sums for them, and are still average now. Carroll is still young and can still be good, but wont under Dalglish.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Barcelona: Valdes, Dani Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Puyol, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Messi, Fabregas, Cuenca. Subs: Pinto, Sanchez, Thiago, Keita, Pedro, Adriano, Tello.

AC Milan: Abbiati, Abate, Nesta, Mexes, Antonini, Nocerino, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Boateng, Robinho, Ibrahimovic. Subs: Amelia, Alexandre Pato, Aquilani, Maxi Lopez, Bonera, Emanuelson, Yepes.

Anyone heard of this Cuenca guy for Barca? Must be something decent if he's keeping Pedro & Tello out of the starting 11 in a game this big :eek:

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Anyone heard of this Cuenca guy for Barca? Must be something decent if he's keeping Pedro & Tello out of the starting 11 in a game this big :eek:

Pretty good left foot which, apart from Messi, barca lack, also gives them more width than Pedro or Tello. On another note Tello has had some stick in Spain for being a bit too greedy

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Anyone fancy digging up all the Carroll love posts when he was bought? :D

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Anyone fancy digging up all the Carroll love posts when he was bought? :D

I made a fair few and I stand by everyone of them. Have someone actually putting sensible balls ni the box and he'll score goals. He'd have a field day with Valencia on the wing!!!

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Not so clean there from the biggest ant-anti-football guy around xavi there.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
second pen was harsh, 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Hardly a a shock to see a soft pen given for barca at the neu camp though. Uefa bias strikes again. Almost worst were the two yellows that followed the decision.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Are Barca capable of winning anything in Europe without assistance from the officials?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Can somebody clear something up for me:
Now that Barcelona are through, they could be facing Chelsea or Benfica but not face Real Madrid.

I had been under the impression that in previous years if two clubs from the same league where in the semi final they had to play against each other? Was this actually a rule (or just luck) and if so when was this changed?

Also, and completely hypothetically, if Chelsea were to win the Champions league would they take the 4th Champion league spot regardless of their final league position?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
No for your last question, the winner qualifies for the Club World Cup and the Super Cup but they are not guaranteed entry in the next CL afaik.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
No for your last question, the winner qualifies for the Club World Cup and the Super Cup but they are not guaranteed entry in the next CL afaik.

Liverpool got in to the '06 CL after winning it in '05 and finishing 5th did they not?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I thought they changed the rules to say that the winner no longer got in automatically?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
They changed that loop hole after Liverpool got in after finishing 5th. A commentator from our last game said if we win the competition and finish 5th, the team in 4th loses out, don't know if that's correct.

In regards to teams from the same country playing one-another, that's not a rule, it just so happens it always happened to the English teams in previous years, possibly because we used to be good and often had many teams in the semi's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom