Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Thats what matters more TBH, not so much the outright number of pens given, but the number of shouts to decisions made.

So go look at....

http://www.debatabledecisions.com/tables

Then you have both sets of figures, what was given and what should have been given.

Don't make me smack you upside da head to see sense.

Gohan, people say it because they are looking from thier own perspective and see what they want to see. Also factor this in, United are televised far more than any other side in the country. They are constantly challenging for silverware so every decision is analysed ad infinitum. That is why it stands out more.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
That site does ALL big decisions, not just penalties and only covers this season, so using that as a long-term defence against the accusations isn't valid Cho.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
That site does ALL big decisions, not just penalties and only covers this season, so using that as a long-term defence against the accusations isn't valid Cho.

So a 30 game sample set isn't fair? How about the six years of penalty statistics posted earlier?

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
It's also called 'debatable decisions' therefore it really proves nothing as it is based on opinions, they could have gone either way. Even the experts are giving an opinion on the decision, someone could just as easily have a different opinion. Its worth it's weight as novelty value and nothing else tbh.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It's also called 'debatable decisions' therefore it really proves nothing as it is based on opinions, they could have gone either way. Even the experts are giving an opinion on the decision, someone could just as easily have a different opinion. Its worth it's weight as novelty value and nothing else tbh.

Yet it is as close as we will probably ever come to anything unbiased and definitive. Sadly it will always boil down to personal perception though, people that hate United will always see it one way, people more neutral will try to see both sides and United fans will defend our corner. End of the day the only statistic that matters is trophies in the cabinet. :D

ileks

Part of the furniture
Fucking hell Stoke would be nearly relegated according to that. I wonder why the more successful teams seem to be more unlucky in general?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So a 30 game sample set isn't fair? How about the six years of penalty statistics posted earlier?

In terms of football, no 30 games isn't enough and that'd be the case even if the site ONLY looked at penalty shouts, which is doesn't.

And the other penalty stats just shows number given - not number denied, which was the cause of the discussion.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Fucking hell Stoke would be nearly relegated according to that. I wonder why the more successful teams seem to be more unlucky in general?

Largely because they're normally on the front foot, so are more likely to have goals disallowed for offside/pen shouts as they're the better team creating more chances.

And yes, people really, really need to pay attention to Stoke. They're cheating pricks. I've been saying this for years but no-one fucking listens :D

gohan

I am a FH squatter
In terms of football, no 30 games isn't enough and that'd be the case even if the site ONLY looked at penalty shouts, which is doesn't.

And the other penalty stats just shows number given - not number denied, which was the cause of the discussion.
some stats logic on FH, finally xD

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
predictions for the football tonight ? AC milan v Barca on ITV should be good. I just want lots of goals :p

Everz

FH is my second home
Wasn't a pen tbh, Sanchez went for that sticking his feet out.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I get the feeling Milan are going to regret missing some of these early chances.......

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
I often think if you built a brick wall across the 18 yard line Xavi and Messi could pass their way through it, or at least find a gap

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
It really pisses me off the way the commentators wax lyrical bollox about Barcelona. Milan are apparently "Lucky" to have kept a clean sheet so far. Such shite.

eksdee

FH is my second home
wow if Xavi had scored that it would have been absolutely sublime.

eksdee

FH is my second home
It really pisses me off the way the commentators wax lyrical bollox about Barcelona. Milan are apparently "Lucky" to have kept a clean sheet so far. Such shite.
Very true. Not enough is made of good defensive play. Another reason why ol' G-Nev' (as much as it pains me to say it) is an excellent commentator, he takes into account all elements of play.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
For all that I think that when they get the chances AC look well capable of beating them IMO

Embattle

FH is my second home
AC Milan's ground seems to suffer an increased gravity problem since the players keep falling over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom