Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

soze

I am a FH squatter
They get condemned by society and have their twitter account closed. Simples.
wow that will sure a shit show them the random made up name they used condemned then banned! It's not like they could create another account right after is it... oh wait. What a crock of shit.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Yes but if #muamba is trending and you look at that you see any post that has been tagged with that. There is no racist idiot filter.

Good point, except he didn't tag his posts with #muamba

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Because Muamba was trending. There is no need for a # if the actual name is trending.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Can't complain at a performance like that, though I wished Mata had just squared it rather than gone for a chip :p

I do wonder why Benfica were playing like Stoke though despite being terrible in the air tonight.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I agree completely. Read it again :)

(in general use) Extreme right-wing, authoritarian, or intolerant views or practice

Exactly the type of views you are allowing to be defended. Or are you telling me that it is facism to oppose facist views?

Everz

FH is my second home
fcmagdeburgberlinerak1.jpg

fcmagdeburgberlinerak4.jpg

FC Magdeburg are a German team who hasn't scored in ages.. there fans decided to help the team..

eksdee

FH is my second home
Well what a surprise that performance was last night. Glad to see Di Matteo clearly picking a team to do the job on the night and not pandering to the OAP club. Lampard was shocking against Tottenham and Drogba has blown hot and cold all season. Kalou and Ferreira played an absolute blinder, and Torres was great too. Mata looked tired and jaded and it shows how much we rely on him, but he was still tidy in possession and warranted his place ahead of Lampard. I think playing Mata through the middle is the future of the team, but we really need someone to play on the left of (for the sake of argument) the three in a 4-2-3-1 to balance out the team. Meireles again was shocking, passes going astray, lost his temper. Thankfully Mikel was epic beside Meireles in midfield and carried him through the game. It's also really refreshing to see Luiz starting to mature, I don't want to tempt fate but he's been an absolute rock for us recently but has managed to balance that with still making those bombing runs forward.

Could I be going a bit overboard to say that we could do a lot worse than give Di Matteo the reigns for next season? Especially when you look at it realistically and look at our options. Who is going to do a better job that we could actually hope to bring in? Sign a left winger, a creative/attacking midfielder and perhaps a left back and ship out Drogba. Keep Lampard as an impact player and if he's going to start, play him as one of the holding two as he played last night when he came on.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I think he has a much better relationship with the players so the dressing room isn't a concern like it was with AvB, who unfortunately I think knackered out half the squad by completely isolating the fringe players and playing a fairly consistent 11.

My only concern would be how Robbie approaches the big games. I think how we play in the second leg against Benfica, then potentially Barcelona in Europe, and Arsenal & Liverpool away in the league, would determine whether he's ready to take on the job full time.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Man United and Arsenal last 7 games: WWWWWWW

Man City last 7 games: WWWLWWD

Chelsea last 7 games: DLWLWLD

Liverpool last 7 games: ROFLMAO

gohan

I am a FH squatter
My main issue with all this racism legislation is it's so subjective.......

I wouldn't class jock as racist, but Big G would, nor would I class Paddy, Taffy, Frogs, Crauts etc etc as racist, but realisticaly they are, it does seem that you can only be "racist" against colour groups....... which is fucking retarded as it's a misuse of the word, Black isn't a race, it's a colour. A race of people are people from the same heritage or background, I don't see how someone from zimbabwe is linked to someone from Trinidad any more than someone that can trace their ancestory back to highland clans is the same as someone from gaul (france belgium switzerland etc)

such a joke of legislation, may aswell scrap the term racism and call it what it is, don't piss off anyone coloured because they used to be slaves and now we feel bad, if they piss you of tough.... you had it coming..... slaver!!!!!!

Not saying any discrimination should be tolerated, but it does seem that most race cases involve black or asian people....... why is it any less racist to be prejudice against a ploish person? because both partys are white it's somehow no longer rasist?

Everz

FH is my second home
Wolves last 7 games : WLDLLLL

Guess where El Tel the tactical genius took over?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012...-penalty-at-craven-cottage-than-old-trafford/

Damn statistics! :D

There is an assumption that when visiting Old Trafford, penalties are hard to come by. Referees are not simply making a decision; in front of a crowd of 75,000 people, among them Sir Alex Ferguson and against the best team in the land, they must make a ‘brave decision’.
But the statistics tell a different story.
Since August 2006 to now, Manchester United have conceded 9 penalties at home. That spans 110 games, meaning they have conceded 0.08 penalties per home game.
Ironically, Fulham have conceded 8 over the same time period and number of games, a record of 0.07 penalties per game. So despite claims that it is tougher to win a penalty at Old Trafford than other grounds, analysis shows it is actually harder to win a penalty at Craven Cottage.
Blackburn’s Ewood Park is the most likely current Premier League ground on which visiting teams will see the referee point to the spot. They’ve conceded 18 over 110 games – 0.16 per game.
The most ‘difficult’ place to be awarded a penalty is at Stamford Bridge. Of the existing Premier League teams, Chelsea have conceded the fewest since August 2006, just 6 at a rate of 0.05 per game. Aston Villa have also conceded six, but over the time period have played one less home game.
Manchester United got lucky last night, but the suggestion there is more to it than that is just wrong.
Penalties conceded at home by existing Premier League teams since August 2006 (teams must have played over 50 games during that time)
Team / Penalties conceded / Games / Penalties per game
Blackburn Rovers 18 110 0.16
Wolverhampton Wanderers 8 53 0.15
Wigan Athletic 16 110 0.15
West Bromwich Albion 7 53 0.13
Sunderland 11 91 0.12
Arsenal 11 110 0.1
Newcastle United 9 91 0.1
Manchester City 10 110 0.09
Stoke City 6 72 0.08
Manchester United 9 110 0.08
Everton 8 110 0.07
Bolton Wanderers 8 110 0.07
Tottenham Hotspur 8 110 0.07
Fulham 8 110 0.07
Liverpool 7 110 0.06
Aston Villa 6 109 0.06
Chelsea 6 110 0.05

gohan

I am a FH squatter
is it not more to do with how many penaltys aren't given than those that are?

gohan

I am a FH squatter
I'm not talking about this season, just in generall, there has to be a reason tho whole world believes that decisions go utd's way at old trafford, would be interesting to so over that same 6 year period how many decent penalty shouts were turned down at each ground

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Thats what matters more TBH, not so much the outright number of pens given, but the number of shouts to decisions made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom