Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Surely those penalty statistics are rather meaningless without including valid penalty appeals?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Actually he wasn't sent to prison for "writing something on the internets." He was sent to prison for "inciting racial hatred." It's a crime, whether you think it to be or not.

Yep, that is how I read it, it was the racial remarks that did for him. Would like to see the evidence though because so far it all seems a bit vauge.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Surely those penalty statistics are rather meaningless without including valid penalty appeals?

Take your logic and fuckoff, this is a football forum and your logic witchcraft has no place here! :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Actually he wasn't sent to prison for "writing something on the internets." He was sent to prison for "inciting racial hatred." It's a crime, whether you think it to be or not.

It's a brand new crime that curbs freedom of speech and landed a guy who wrote something on the internet a longer prison sentence than the guy who caved my mates cheekbone in by kicking him in the face as he got off a train, then kicking him in the face again as he was unconscious on the floor - all unprovoked - requiring him to have a metal plate in his face.

This scarred him for life, physically and mentally. But obviously writing racist remarks on twitter is worse than an actual crime.

I don't give a fuck if it's now on the statute books. A lot of utter chod is on the statute books. We only got rid of the blasphemy laws 30 years ago. It's a fucking disgrace.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
"It's a brand new crime" - it was introduced in 1986.

I know I'm not an old man but at just 3 years older than the law, I'd hardly describe myself as "new," let alone "brand new."

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It's a brand new crime that curbs freedom of speech and landed a guy who wrote something on the internet a longer prison sentence than the guy who caved my mates cheekbone in by kicking him in the face as he got off a train, then kicking him in the face again as he was unconscious on the floor - all unprovoked - requiring him to have a metal plate in his face.

This scarred him for life, physically and mentally. But obviously writing racist remarks on twitter is worse than an actual crime.

I don't give a fuck if it's now on the statute books. A lot of utter chod is on the statute books. We only got rid of the blasphemy laws 30 years ago. It's a fucking disgrace.

Two wrongs don't make a right, as a victim of a senseless attack myself I have massive sympathy for your friend and the law is a complete joke when it comes to ABH/GBH. That doesn't change the fact that racially abusing someone in any public forum is and should be a criminal offence. There has been occasions where I have made stupid and racially offensive comments myself, mostly when drunk and thinking that I was a funny fucker when infact I was just being a stupid fucker looking to get a laugh. The context they were made in was irrelevant though, the fact remains that it needs to be illegal and we all know the rules, I know that if I ever make the same stupid mistakes again them I am up there to be shot at. If I make comments in public then I need to be held to account for them.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
From the football 365 forum:

I had a 'meeting' this morning with Craig Bellamys agent.

Summary: Commoli is a twat
His agent had Bellamy dragged out of an MRI Scan half way through to broker his move to Spurs at 7:30pm on deadline day because Commoli was f**king him around with wages and stuff before Dalglish shit himself and made Commoli go and grovel which ended up with Bellamy getting a lot more £££ than he should have.

Steve Bruce has said all along that Henderson would never make the step up needed to make it at liverpool

all the players call Carroll 'The Cone' because if you want him over there, you have to pick him up and move him yourself.

:D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's retarded IMO chod.

People say things they don't mean all the time - you admitted as much there. Making things like that into a crime is disgraceful.

Last thing I'm saying on this matter in this thread. It's about footie after all.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
After their team failed to score in 5 games, FC Magdeburg fans show their players where the goal is:

554618_10150773677096241_405809781240_12130232_1394067637_n.jpg

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
That's retarded IMO chod.

People say things they don't mean all the time - you admitted as much there. Making things like that into a crime is disgraceful.

Last thing I'm saying on this matter in this thread. It's about footie after all.

Holding people to account for the things they say is not disgraceful, it is logical and it creates a climate where people think about what they say before opening thier mouths. If those checks are not inplace then you end up with a society that is little more than a real life version of 4chan where everyone talks shit all day and doesn't give a fuck if anyone is affected by the comments. Making it a criminal offence is strong I agree but we are talking about racial hatred here, if you give an inch then people will take a mile. Better to have cast iron rules that we all have to play by, unfortunately that isn't the case, I have seen quite a bit of racial hatred online towards white British people that is never punished or even publicised.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Maybe jail time was harsh but the guy was in the wrong there is no defending making racist remarks just because you like freedom of speech it is a hate crime pure and simple. Think what you want, say what you want in front of like minded people, but putting it out there where everyone can see and you are asking for trouble.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
If those checks are not inplace then you end up with a society that is little more than a real life version of 4chan where everyone talks shit all day and doesn't give a fuck if anyone is affected by the comments.

What a load of bollocks. Society dealt with and would have continued to deal with Liam Stacey perfectly well without needing to resort to the law. You don't solve problems like racism by censoring what people say or think, you do it through educating individuals and society.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
What a load of bollocks. Society dealt with and would have continued to deal with Liam Stacey perfectly well without needing to resort to the law. You don't solve problems like racism by censoring what people say or think, you do it through educating individuals and society.

So we have a 4chan free for all instead? Back to the 70's were they are all darkies and we don't allow, them, the irish or dogs into pubs? Come on, a line had to be drawn and it was, now just like any other law people are going to have to live within it. It isn't a perfect law by any measure but it is better than the alternative where people can say what they like and enflame situations beyond all reason.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
So we have a 4chan free for all instead? Back to the 70's were they are all darkies and we don't allow, them, the irish or dogs into pubs? Come on, a line had to be drawn and it was, now just like any other law people are going to have to live within it. It isn't a perfect law by any measure but it is better than the alternative where people can say what they like and enflame situations beyond all reason.

So you think the reason that people don't act in a manner befitting 4chan in normal everyday life is simply down to it being against the law? And that if we didn't have those laws people could act in that fashion with no societal repercussions?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's Facism.

I it's not a fashionable word and leaves you open to ridicule. But it's the dicionary definition of it.

One more time. Facism.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
So you think the reason that people don't act in a manner befitting 4chan in normal everyday life is simply down to it being against the law? And that if we didn't have those laws people could act in that fashion with no societal repercussions?

Before we had those laws we had people calling random black folk in the street 'niggers' and every asian was a 'paki'. The law changes at least made it an offence, raised awareness and reduced the numbers of people being abused. So yes, the laws had a strong effect, before we had them this country was far less tolerant of anyone who didn't fit the norm.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It's Facism.

I it's not a fashionable word and leaves you open to ridicule. But it's the dicionary definition of it.

One more time. Facism.

fas·cism
noun /ˈfaSHˌizəm/ 
  • An authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization
  • (in general use) Extreme right-wing, authoritarian, or intolerant views or practice

megadave

I am a FH squatter
People getting punished for being retarded on the internet does scare me a bit but I think the twat deserved it. What do you propose happens to people spouting racism on twitter etc then?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Chelsea: Cech, Ferreira, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Meireles, Mata, Mikel, Kalou, Torres. Subs: Turnbull, Essien, Lampard, Drogba, Bosingwa, Sturridge, Cahill.

Judging from that you couldn't say the champion's league is much of a priority for us this season, bit odd ;)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Feels like he's shoehorned Paulo and Meireles into that team because they've played in Portugal before.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Well Ivanovic is injured, Bosingwa is shit at defending and played a few days ago so I dont mind Paolo.

I would be happy if Meireles never started a game for us again though.

Any idea what happened to Romeu?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom