Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
1829:
ESPN, who are covering this tie live on TV, have reported that Fabrice Muamba had CPR while on the pitch at White Hart Lane. The 23-year-old collapsed about five minutes before half-time.

Beeb ^

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
ESPN's reporter in the White Hart Lane tunnel says Fabrice Muamba was not breathing when the Bolton midfielder was carried past him. Medical staff were still attempting to resuscitate him and a defibillator had been used.

^

Aada

Part of the furniture
Hope he is ok, although having used a defib on him is concerning.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
With all the doctors the clubs employ and all the tests they carry out on their players... How does this happen? Absolutely awful :/

soze

I am a FH squatter
Brings a little bit of perspective to the game.

Rumours going around the Lane is that he died and the Ambulance was just for show :(

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well sadly SADS/SCD is like that and although it rarely happens it is often quite high profile due to the fact it generally comes from nothing and often to fit people.

gohan

I am a FH squatter
Brings a little bit of perspective to the game.

Rumours going around the Lane is that he died and the Ambulance was just for show :(
well, yes he did die as they had to defib him, wether he was succsessfully resucetated is yet to be seen but the paramedics aren'y allowed to pronounce someone dead, they have to take them to hospital regardless for a doctor to pronounce them DOA.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
15 minutes is along time to be receiving cpr, my head is telling me he's going to be ok. My heart is telling me he's passed awsy, and they are trying to inform his family first :(

I hope my head is right. It just puts everything into perspective :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
well, yes he did die as they had to defib him, wether he was succsessfully resucetated is yet to be seen but the paramedics aren'y allowed to pronounce someone dead, they have to take them to hospital regardless for a doctor to pronounce them DOA.
Yeah i know that but i suppose what he means is they tried to bring him back for 15 minutes and failed to get him breathing on his own. But it's rumours so I hope its not true.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Hospital have said he's in a stable condition, thank god.

rynnor

Rockhound
With all the doctors the clubs employ and all the tests they carry out on their players... How does this happen? Absolutely awful :/

I wondered that - there are scans to detect these kinds of heart abnormalities and presumably every premier league club would have these done prior to a transfer so its a bit odd?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Just heard he's in a stable condition on SSN, what a fucking relief. Hope he pulls through ok. :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I wondered that - there are scans to detect these kinds of heart abnormalities and presumably every premier league club would have these done prior to a transfer so its a bit odd?

Not all conditions, no.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Science can't do everything. Shit happens. Could be a nerve signal thang, which would mean that scans wouldn't pick it up...

Good that he's stable. Hopefully he got a lot of oxygen so the damage to his heart tissue will be minimal (I think the heart muscle takes a proper beating).

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
On a lighter footballing note another sublime finish from Messi tonight, no idea how he nutmugged the defender but the chip was inch perfect.

rynnor

Rockhound
Not all conditions, no.

No - I see theres a bunch of other ones that are not physically visible through scans - some of these show up on an ECG though.

Sad end to the kids playing career most likely :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
I am very glad he is OK and fingers crossed me makes a full recovery.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
15 minutes is along time to be receiving cpr, my head is telling me he's going to be ok. My heart is telling me he's passed awsy, and they are trying to inform his family first :(

I hope my head is right. It just puts everything into perspective :(

I assume you got head and heart the wrong way round?

15 minutes is not a worrying amount of time to be receiving CPR for. If its being done by trained doctors with proper medical equipment they can keep somebody alive for hours. However unless they can get the heart to restart there is no point doing it indefinitely. The fact he is critically ill means they have got it restarted again. The worry is that when someone has a heart attack a part of the heart 'dies'. If this is large the working part of the heart might not be able to cope.

It's very sad. :(

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Oxygen deprivation to the brain is also a very large factor in if and how well he might recover.

Everz

FH is my second home
6-0 United. Doyle on the wings again, TC makes me cry, glad I gave my ticket up to this slaughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom