Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Players playing for "top top teams" aren't available

Yes they are. Ronaldo, 80 million. Bought for the going price for a top-class winger. :)

I was asking Scouse to name these so called world class players that are available to purchase from top clubs

Any of them m8. Every single player is available for the right price.

United can no longer afford the right price.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I seem to remember a chap who was great. The sort of player United would have gone out and spunked their cash on, no questions asked, before their debt levels fucked them over.

He's scored more goals than my whole team. I'm sure you'd be able to get him if you'd spunk 80 million on him.

After all. The cost of a player isn't holding you back, is it?

150 million euro buyout. :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
What about Rodwell? what has happened to him lately? not heard about him in a while.

Will never reach his maximum potential there, he needs to be pushed and for 6 months of the year Everton just go through the motions of staying in business.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
150 million?

Peanuts to a City or Chelski.

Will never reach his maximum potential there, he needs to be pushed and for 6 months of the year Everton just go through the motions of staying in business.

They're some damn fine motions tho eh? Spanking the "second tier" of the league most years....

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I don't have one. I was agreeing with others that you're no longer a top-tier club when it comes to your ability to spend.

Name any world-class midfielder you care to name - and there are world class ones out there. The problem is you can no longer afford to go get them...

We can go get them but only them, one. That is the budget gone for a year, in previous years we could add a bargain or two and a youngster with potential. Those days are over until the fat ginger dwarf and his family fuck off. Now we are actually being run like a business, income needs to beat expenditure at ever point, so we look elsewhere for younger unproven talent and plan for the longer term instead. Not as gratifying for the newer fans but as a Mancunian Red I can live with waiting for the younger players to blossom.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
150 million?

Peanuts to a City or Chelski.

They're some damn fine motions tho eh? Spanking the "second tier" of the league most years....

They had a few good years but are financially in trouble, without such a good manager they would have been relegation threatened year after year with the current levels of investment. As for Rodwell, he needs to be playing with a team who play at the highest level and are expected to win, only then will he apply himself properly and become the player that he has the ability to be.

Corran

Part of the furniture
I can wait too for the youngsters to blossom too, just a shame really. Berbatov was a waste of money that should have went elsewhere. Said that at the time. Yes he helped us at times but often was a waste of space. Be no loss by not taking up the contract option to keep him another year.

Midfield is our light area, with luck we willl sort that out. Now we dont need to spend 60m on a player, just well picked purchases for 20-30m will do if we can find the players. it not creativity we need right now it is a defensive minded player. We actually miss fletcher as he the only one that plays that role even though he not worldclass he is good enough to do that.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I can wait too for the youngsters to blossom too, just a shame really. Berbatov was a waste of money that should have went elsewhere. Said that at the time. Yes he helped us at times but often was a waste of space. Be no loss by not taking up the contract option to keep him another year.

Midfield is our light area, with luck we willl sort that out. Now we dont need to spend 60m on a player, just well picked purchases for 20-30m will do if we can find the players. it not creativity we need right now it is a defensive minded player. We actually miss fletcher as he the only one that plays that role even though he not worldclass he is good enough to do that.

The whole Berba thing pains me, the money we spent at that time should have been on bringing in a proven midfield ball winner alongside a well regarded youngster as a future replacement. Instead we spent on Berba, let Tevez go, brought Owen in and although none of that was a disaster the club is now in a position where it has spent £50-60 million including wages for a player who has not played regularly in almost two full seasons. As I said a number of years back and I stand by it, we should have moved him on and replaced him with Huntelaar, exactly the kind of player we needed alongside Rooney.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Nah, its both. Its the world class holding player that Hargreaves was supposed to be and its a creative player to sit in the Scholes role. Cleverly might be that player, but unlike the holding role (which is needed in Europe more than the Prem) you need a creative passer week in week out, so even if Cleverly is the guy, you need cover. What worries me is the young players aren't actually that young anymore; most of them are now 20 and should be regular first team players but they're not making the step up that the mid-90s "kids" made. At the moment Welbeck is the only one who's really made the grade, and that's mainly thanks to his period on loan. I don't think its because Fergie has become conservative in his old age, I simply think (on the basis of the Carling Cup) they're not up to it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Berbatov was a waste of money that should have went elsewhere. Said that at the time. Yes he helped us at times but often was a waste of space. Be no loss by not taking up the contract option to keep him another year.

I agree. I'm happy every time I see Berba on the team sheet (despite how he performs against us).

He's too lazy to be any good and is an obvious weakness in your team.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Playing FM12 and England just won the 2014 World Cup with Rafa Benitez as manager..

It's a sign..

I TOLD YOU HE IS A GOOD MANAGER :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
I second that, I have seen no Arsenal news today.

Edit - Messi on Soccer Saturday maybe?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Wazzer works on FM.

FM made Benitez win the world cup with England.

Someone needs to be fired!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Aww I thought RVP had sustained a season-ending (but not overly painful because I'm nice) injury or something. :p

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
benitez cant manage England, he's already a shoe in for the Chelsea job isnt he? :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Muamba fighting for his life after collapsing at the Lane, match postponed, probably cancelled. Hope he's ok.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
On the stream I had running the lad just collapsed with no one around him, apparently received CPR for 5-10minutes and is being rushed to hospital. Game should be called off now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom