Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

gohan

I am a FH squatter
dhpeg.gif

No cake for Suarez if he pisses off to Paris! :D
I know by rights I should be offended on some level, but that gif is fucking hilarious

soze

I am a FH squatter
RVP > Krul - How's your time wasting now cunt.
Newcastle Players - QQ boy pet man pet QQ

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
In 15 days we've made a 10 point gap into a 1 point gap.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

I know who is going to dislike this post.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Based on the performance I think the 3 points were deserved there. And it looks like it was another great atmosphere really starting to regret calling the shift scheduler a cunt now this was another game I missed because of him "putting me in my place"

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
And yet 28 points ahead of your mob with 10 games to go! How big will the gap be by the end of the season? I can see you on the end of another 40 point bumming, no Europe of any kind very little money to put things right. God bless your new owners and KKing Kenny. ;) :p :D
:D wasn't a pop at Man Utd by any means, just saying the quality in the Prem has got worse sadly :(

If we had another manager and we were in the same position now in my opinion he would have been sacked by the Summer.. but cause it's Kenny he's going to be given an extra season or 2 at least .. which in my opinion is great.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
They may well be rich but they haven't spent nearly as much as most people think. They have a very good youth development system, they also buy quite a few youngsters and develop them.

Our old friend the spending table http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

Villa only 2 million per season less than UTD on Nett spend, Villa nose diving, UTD rising high (domestically anyway)
Apart from the fact MAn Utd got 80m for Ronaldo which screws it up in my opinion.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
ofc it doesn't. They bought a player turned him into an amazing player and sold him to fund further purchases. You sold a donkey for 50 million and used it to fund further purchases. It's the same thing really, except one was a decent deal for both parties and the other was an obvious con job.

Everz

FH is my second home
ofc it doesn't. They bought a player turned him into an amazing player and sold him to fund further purchases. You sold a donkey for 50 million and used it to fund further purchases. It's the same thing really, except one was a decent deal for both parties and the other was an obvious con job.

Using transfer fees is a horrible way to decide the wealth of a club. We could pay £15mil for a player but not be able to afford his wages. United (amongst the other big boys) are able to offer those wages that other clubs (be it Villa) can't.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Wouldnt have been 5 minutes if Krul had not of been wasting time at every god damn kick, the second he started doing it I called them being punished for it.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
can't believe we lost that in the last minute :(

Can't believe you held on so long, you didn't deserve any result out of that because you didn't even try and play football or get anything out of it. Just lumped 10 men behind the ball.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Daglish complaining to the FA about wengers comments on diving. KK really is losing the fucking plot, I just saw his comments that a kit deal is as important as winning football matches :p surely you have to be winning matches before you get the big bucks from advertising!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
The money we spend is the money we EARN, simple as that really. Yes we can spend big when we need to but often we take the cheaper option and prepare for the longhaul, that is what sets United and Arsenal apart from the rest.

You've not spent huge money recently but you've still spent more than most teams, and you pay wages greater than the majority of English teams can afford. In the era of Bosman transfers that is a very important factor.

Manchester United are HUGELY wealthy. Yes they generate their own funds and are not dependent on a sugar daddy but that doesn't change the fact that they're stonkingly wealthy and only Chelsea and Manchester City can approach that level of funding. United winning the Premier League would not be a victory for success on a shoestring and it is ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You are right but to suggest they only win because they spend money shows that you know pretty much nothing about football. There are teams who are close to being there that don't spend half as much, spending is not necessarily a yardstick for success.

Having a succession of terrible managers who buy shit players who play negative football in front of inbred fans in a crappy stadium in a dreadful part of the country is why Villa are not close to being as successful. Not because they spend a few million less a year. *

*I think I insulted villa enough there :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You are right but to suggest they only win because they spend money shows that you know pretty much nothing about football

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, the money still accounts for more than 90% of it.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Nothing to do with the fact they've got pretty much the best manager the sport has ever seen?

Nah, couldn't possibly be THAT.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Makes you wonder how Madrid would cope if he was injured for any prolonged length of time.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Makes you wonder how Madrid would cope if he was injured for any prolonged length of time.

They would be a bit behind Barcelona in the league, good enough to challenge but not good enough to win. That is what he adds, the killer touch and determination to drive the rest of the squad forwards.

It is scary, he is already well on target to beat last seasons goal tally, 51 in 47 games so far, last season was 56 in 61 games. Insane stats over his 3 years there, incomparable numbers to any other player anywhere in the world.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
He is better than Messi.

They would be a bit behind Barcelona in the league, good enough to challenge but not good enough to win. That is what he adds, the killer touch and determination to drive the rest of the squad forwards.

Nah, just a shade more productive in the goal department and goals win games. Toe to toe as far as talent goes it is very hard to seperate them, they are both brilliant and outdo each other in certain areas but not others.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/3545/he...istiano-ronaldo-head-to-head-where-do-leo-cr7

Not a bad little read, some interesting stats further down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom