Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
scaled.php

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
'Self-entitled' is Liverpool FC through and through.

Not at all. Otherwise I'd be moaning about how we deserve to win the league when we clearly don't. Or I'd be complaining about the "state of our club", when I'm not...

The nouveaux rich Chelski supporters, on the other hand, have very very short memories. Your club's not "really in a state" - you're 5th in the table, in a Europa League spot, have an owner who's in the top 50 richest people that ever lived and have a wealth of resources.

And considering you're slowly dragging yourselves out of the trophy shitmire you've been in since your club was founded, you've never had it so good :D

eksdee

FH is my second home
So our club can't be in a bad place right now because we've won trophies recently? I guess that explains why Liverpool fans still think they support a 'big club'.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
If liverpool didnt have madsive financial clout they would not be paying funny money for average players. Yes you took in a lot of money for torres but spent a lot more and brought in more players which equals more wages. You may not have as much to spend as city and chelsea but you are not a long way behind. Liverpool also spend loads more than Arsenal who play better and acheive more. Southampton spent £8million on players thid year, an absolutely huge amount for championship... Or 2 fifths of 1 Jordan Henderson who wouldnt even be our best player.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Is it true that Sven has thrown his hat into the ring for the Chelsea Job?

God I hope so :D

eksdee

FH is my second home
I think I'll just give up on football if that happens. Same for the fat waiter.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Liverpool fans still think they support a 'big club'.

Lol! Define a "big club", then.

I'll give you a hint. Chelski certainly isn't one. It's just a "rich" club.

Southampton spent £8million on players thid year, an absolutely huge amount for championship... Or 2 fifths of 1 Jordan Henderson who wouldnt even be our best player.

I don't disagree with that point Aoami.

However, I disagree with the rest of your post - because, as I've already explained, twice, I'm not arguing that Liverpool don't have more money than most of the league.

Third time, not because you're worth it, but because you need it:
Yep, in terms of monetary power LFC has way more than 90% of the rest of the league - but compared to Chelski or City we're paupers

Learn to read posts and then reply to the argument being made, rather than going "rahrahrah Liverpoolshit rahrahrah"...

:)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
And i said that the money you have spent shows that you are NOT that far behind Chelsea and City in terms of disposable income for players, but you chose to ignore that. You sly dog you.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And i said that the money you have spent shows that you are NOT that far behind Chelsea and City in terms of disposable income for players

I ignored it because it's an obviously shite argument :)

If I'm worth 100 million, and I spend 50 million of it on hookers and coke I've got 50 million quid left to spend.

If I'm worth 1000 million and I spend 50 million of it on hookers and coke I've got 950 million quid left to spend.

That's roughly the same proportion of money in the Liverpool vs Chelski battle - if we ignore the fact that Liverpool's owner has another team he has to split his cash with and would probably like to keep most of the remainder in the bank...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Interesting. A long way behind City then, but not far behind Chelsea.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I ignored it because it's an obviously shite argument :)

If I'm worth 100 million, and I spend 50 million of it on hookers and coke I've got 50 million quid left to spend.

If I'm worth 1000 million and I spend 50 million of it on hookers and coke I've got 950 million quid left to spend.

That's roughly the same proportion of money in the Liverpool vs Chelski battle - if we ignore the fact that Liverpool's owner has another team he has to split his cash with and would probably like to keep most of the remainder in the bank...

Just because RA has £13.4b doesn't mean it's all available for player purchases at Chelsea though does it?

edit - also, £1b x 100 is £100b, not £13.4b

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just because RA has £13.4b doesn't mean it's all available for player purchases at Chelsea though does it?

Lol!

John Henry is supposedly worth ONE billion. He has a baseball team and a football team to service out of that (if we pretend he doesn't really want to keep 500million aside for his family).

Roman Abramovich has (more than, but for the purposes of the exercise) TEN Billion. So even if he wants to keep half of it in the bank that's still five billion to spunk on players if he should so choose to.

The argument works for both owners - only one is more than ten times wealthier than the other.

As for your laughable maths bit:

edit - also, £1b x 100 is £100b, not £13.4b

True, but ONE HUNDRED MILLION times TEN = ONE THOUSAND MILLION

Jeesus. You'd have thought multiples of ten would have been easy enough for you :rolleyes:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As much as I'm reluctant to get into discussions involving spending based on figures from the web (1. I don't trust the spending stats, 2. People are dumb enough to think gross matters, 3. It's fuck all to do with this argument about spending power), I can't resist this:

Interesting. A long way behind City then, but not far behind Chelsea.

disingenuous article said:
NET Spends:
Chelski: £155,900,000, or £31m/season
Liverpool: £83,310,000, or £16m/season

:)

Edit: What I'm surprised by is how good we're doing in terms of selling according to that website - £226 million (~50m more than any other club). If only Rafa was allowed to reinvest...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Woops, bad maths, misread it. How many of those 5 seasons has John Henry been in charge?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nice how a point where I said "cheslki are rich and I have no sympathy for them as they're in 5th place, have loads of resources and have put themselves in the shit" (all true) has been turned around into "lets have a go at liverpool" instead :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Woops, bad maths, misread it. How many of those 5 seasons has John Henry been in charge?

1. This one. And half of last. Made a £60m net spend this summer to fix a squad that was trashed by the previous owners. And the club has come out and said they won't be doing the same this summer...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
But they need to if they are going to achieve anything. How will this current squad get you back into the champions league places?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
We will have a very good chance if Downing/Carroll/Suarez start performing a lot better.. which they will within the next 6-12months..

We just won the Carling Cup and we have a very good chance of winning the FA Cup as there are not that many high profile teams left in it now..

This is our best season in 3-4 seasons.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Suarez is quality. A cunt, but quality. He doesn't seem to have that much of an eye for goal though. Downing is crap, and Carroll... you never know. I think Dalglish is the problem though and I wouldn't be surprised to see him replaced in the summer.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Suarez is quality, but we need a natural goalscorer to go alongside him. Carroll ain't it.

Downing is a work in progress. He could go either way.

Dalglish isn't the problem. He's made a few tactical mistakes, yes, but the team is playing much better football. We're dominating sides, just not finishing them off. When I said that Arsenal was indicative of our season I really meant it - we were all over them, but they won.

Need someone to take the simple tap-in's...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Dirk Kuyt also scored a lot in Holland. I like Kuyt a lot as well, but his goal scoring record is hardly spectacular in England :p

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Suarez has 1 in 2 for Uruguay, so he's proven himself internationally as well :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom