Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Don't worry i think a lot less of some of our players now. But if reports are to believed (doubtful as ever imo) then he's managed to fall out with Alex, Anelk, Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Kalou and whoever else. So we should just replace all of them yeah? Stella idea and stella management.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Don't worry i think a lot less of some of our players now. But if reports are to believed (doubtful as ever imo) then he's managed to fall out with Alex, Anelk, Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Kalou and whoever else. So we should just replace all of them yeah? Stella idea and stella management.
No but they should have a rocket put up their arses and told to buck there fucking ideas up they are paid to play football not like their boss. If you cant get them to put their personal feeling aside for 90 minutes a week then maybe you would be better off without them. And it is not all AVB your players know he does not have the final say and it has been proven again with the manager paying the price.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Yes dear?

Oh you want me to take the job? No problem at all, going back for over 5 years I know exactly where Chelsea have been going wrong and it is a lack of strong wingplay. Not since Robben and Duff have the forwards at Chelsea had an abundance of supply to work off, all too often it is played into the channels, moved inside and then the attack breaks down. You rarely see Chelsea break with pace and use the full width of the pitch to carve sides open, it has been thier biggest flaw for an age and no one has addressed it properly, you don't fix it by buying wingers who prefer to cut inside though, that much is definate.

As for player morale, we all know who is to blame for that, the same bloke that underminded Capello at the world cup. If he was booted out on his arse then the rest would fall into line, turning lChelsea into legitimate contenders again with just 2-3 purchases.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Most of those players egos has out paced their ability.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
But di Matteo is the stand-in gaffer til the end of the season isn't he? So "no replacement anytime soon" was what I took from that.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
it's all terry and lampards faults, obviously

Terry is the problem, as the leader he sets the tone and the others follow. Since Jose left he has undermined a handful of managers at various stages, the bloke is a cancer and you should have sold him to City.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Wonder what the club's stance would be if JT was found guilty in the summer.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I agree with Cho, when you had Duff and Robben you were a brilliant flowing football team. Well, Mutu was treated like shit when he was found to be a coke sniffer, despite appealing for the club to help him sort his life out... The club would have to sack Terry.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Maybe they'd send JT to a racial awareness course or some other copout shite :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
Ade handball is a tough one. It does not look like he means it but if it did not hit his hand then it would not of fallen for the tap in so I think it was the right call.

If JT gets charged then surly the FA will need to step in and issue a ban so it might not matter what chel$ki do.

TheDoon

Can't get enough of FH
was a very good documentary, flavio is a complete cunt but entertaining none the less.

Everz

FH is my second home
Haha. :p

A more serious take: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/mar/04/andre-villas-boas-chelsea1

A very balanced and fair view on it all I think. Our club is really in a state now.

Seems to me to be an article out to slate AVB, or thats how I read it. The farse about bringing through youth was a joke of a reason to use, ever consider they aren't good enough? McEachran has hardly set the word alight at Swansea has he.. hell he's looked average. Lukaku scored goals in the Belgian league.. enough said. Romeu looks the real deal but the rest are distinctly average and will most likely fade into the background.

He plays the youth and they loose and then it's 'there not ready, bad decision', he doesn't play them and they loose and it's 'where's the youth, they'll win it for us!'. Can't really win especially after the players wanted him gone.

That said, Chelski going tits up would be lavly.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Our club is really in a state now.

Rubbish. You're rich. You'll buy your way out of trouble in the summer.

I wish Liverpool was in the sort of state where we could blow 80 million quid on a couple of strikers and a winger this summer and not even blink. And I bet most of the rest of the league do to...

I have no feelings of sympathy for a club with unlimited resources - I'd feel exactly the same for Man City if they were having a "torrid" time in a Europa League spot, safe in the knowledge that they could buy the whole Barcelona team if they fancied in the summer...

eksdee

FH is my second home
Quite simply, it's not all about money. That shows with how Chelsea have gone downhill over the past two seasons. Players don't magically become bad by signing for another club, but players that sign for us - Mata aside - just don't seem to be able to do the business. That's an issue with how the club is run and how they are set up to play by the manager. So, no, I really don't think it will be fixed by 'blowing 80 million' on more players.

Everz - you're probably right. I don't think AVB is necessarily a bad manager, but his management of Chelsea was bad. Too much, too soon. Equally, I think that the situation is pretty toxic at Chelsea right now and I don't see how it's going to change without gutting the dressing room. Terry, Ashley Cole, Drogba and to a lesser extent Lampard should all be shipped out.As for the youth, you could well be right about all those players

Vladamir

FH is my second home
My serious worry is that the emerging players for us that should be the future of our team in the likes of Ramires, Sturridge, Mata & Romeu (why did he fall into obscurity? He was awesome) are unsettled by this and end up dipping in form or even worse are shipped out in favour of the old boys.

Sooner the season's over the better, whether thats top 4 or not.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Rubbish. You're rich. You'll buy your way out of trouble in the summer.

I wish Liverpool was in the sort of state where we could blow 80 million quid on a couple of strikers and a winger this summer and not even blink. And I bet most of the rest of the league do to...

I have no feelings of sympathy for a club with unlimited resources - I'd feel exactly the same for Man City if they were having a "torrid" time in a Europa League spot, safe in the knowledge that they could buy the whole Barcelona team if they fancied in the summer...

Having £20million to spend on people like Jordan Henderson != more or less unlimited resources? So many clubs in administration/gone out of business and a Liverpool fan moaning about his club not having enough money to spend! Classic!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Having £20million to spend on people like Jordan Henderson != more or less unlimited resources? So many clubs in administration/gone out of business and a Liverpool fan moaning about his club not having enough money to spend! Classic!

Predictable boring response when we're discussing Chelski. Owned by a man who's personal wealth is 11 billion pounds.

As for Liverpool - they've already come out and said that they won't be on a "massive" spending spree like last summer (where we spent 60 million pounds net (1 Torres + a bit), got 7 players in but let way more than that go) - because we can't afford it.

Yep, in terms of monetary power LFC has way more than 90% of the rest of the league - but compared to Chelski or City we're paupers. Skint. We're not even Everton compared to them financially.

Oh woe is chelski. Poor poor chelski. Having a torrid time. It's not like they've brought it upon themselves is it?

Lol! They can fuck off :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Predictable boring response when we're discussing Chelski. Owned by a man who's personal wealth is 11 billion pounds.

As for Liverpool - they've already come out and said that they won't be on a "massive" spending spree like last summer (where we spent 60 million pounds net (1 Torres + a bit), got 7 players in but let way more than that go) - because we can't afford it.

Your owner is also worth over £1billion.

You fucking PAUPERS.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nice bullshit Waz.

I said compared to chelski and city.

But, humouring you, our owner is a baseball fan with money to pour into the Red Sox. Even Christian Purslow said that Liverpool were, and I quote, "scraping the bottom of the barrel" when it came to the finances of the new owners.

Even if (and it isn't the case), even IF our owner sold his other interests and poured his whole billion quid into LFC, Abramovich could laugh at that, shit out five times that and still have more than the same again to spend on hookers and coke.

That would be enough coke to make a ski-run out of and probably every single hooker on the planet :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You did say that but you also said "we're not even everton" and "we can't afford it" like people should feel sorry for you?

You moan at Chelsea for acting self entitled but you show the exact same attitude that you criticise them - "oh woe is me!"

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
More bullshit twisting. Context, Waz, context. I clearly stated this:
Yep, in terms of monetary power LFC has way more than 90% of the rest of the league

I'm therefore obviously not after sympathy for Liverpool. I'm expressing contempt for any sympathy for Chelski who have unlimited resources compared to any other club but City and have brought all the bad shit that is happening to them on themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom