Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Lethul

FH is my second home
What do you think a realistic fee for Enrique is? Young, and very highly rated. Great performances in an average team last season.

I think he is a good fullback, decently promising, not "world class". 9-11m ?

Certainly not twice the sum of Clichy. (even if he only have one year left?)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Really? I think Enrique is far better than Clichy, who is riding off of one good season of premiership football still.

I could see him at any of the top clubs in Europe, first team regular in a year or two.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Heh, fair point. Enrique's had two good seasons for the Geordie's now though, albeit it one in the championship.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'd be surprised if Nasri and Cesc leave. One most probably will, and we should bite the hand off Galatasaraay who reportedly have bid around £13m for Arshavin. Clichy leaving is no big loss, he hasn't been great for a while. £7m for someone who hasn't shown their top form in the final year of a contract is pretty decent.

We reportedly made an approach for Baines but Everton wanted ~£15m, which is mental. He's decent and had a good season last time out but that's the only time he's really impressed like that. Enrique could probably be had for about £10m, and looks the better option IMO.

Very frustrating off-season for us Gooners, but the doom-merchants are once again piping up too early. Wenger is normally pretty quiet about transfers and most get done under the radar, but I would like to see more momentum and action currently. Squads are back for training and the sooner players come in to gel with our system and players the better. Arriving in August will mean they have to catch up both physically and tactically.

I'd love to get Hazard in with Gervinho (who looks like a done deal, just dragging as per) but it's really unlikely Lille will let both go. Unlike a lot of people I don't think we need a first choice GK, just a good third choice to replace the hopefully ******d bound Almunia.

In terms of DC I'd prefer Samba over the reported Dann and Cahill as he offers something we don't currently have, but we play a (IMO) stupidly high line at times, meaning the Samba one could be less likely, unless Wenger realises he needs more than one tactical plan.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
What the hell? Why is ******d starred out?! O U T W A R D is not a swear!

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
inward

well thats just discriminating against outies

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Also LOL.

robin-van-persie.png

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
well thats just discriminating against outies

That's fair though. Anyone with an outie is clearly a cunt.

I predict a mild spree of the use of that word until the novelty wears off again... :)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
The Fattest......the dirty cheating blaggard :(

megadave

I am a FH squatter
German starting 11 has 6 Turks in it, cheats!

The striker Yesil looks like one for the future

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I can't face watching our youth prospects hOofing it up and ignoring the midfield, whilst ze Germans school them :(

In happier news; clichy in, tevez out. Gwan city! Where are you Fast?

Lethul

FH is my second home
In terms of DC I'd prefer Samba over the reported Dann and Cahill as he offers something we don't currently have, but we play a (IMO) stupidly high line at times, meaning the Samba one could be less likely, unless Wenger realises he needs more than one tactical plan.

Is this Dann any good btw? Don't think I've ever seen him play / noticed that he is playing :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Any of you Arsenal fans no much about the lad Sunderland have signed who you released?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Is this Dann any good btw? Don't think I've ever seen him play / noticed that he is playing :p

Him and Johnson are both no nonsense centre backs, I'd say cahill was a better football player, but also someone who is not afraid of getting stuck in. Think he woyld be perfect with vermaelan.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
lovely turn in the box by the england lad there. definite penalty

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
its nice to see an England team that actually seem comfortable with stroking the ball about.

Lets just hope its not trained out of them....:(

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Tevez says he wants to leave again. Make up your mind you little shitbrain twerp :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Any of you Arsenal fans no much about the lad Sunderland have signed who you released?

Deacon? Saw him a few times at Reserve level. Can't say he ever really impressed at the club, despite being capable. Doubt he'll be a premier league standard player once he's matured.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Surely with the amount of money he makes he could fight for control of the kids and then tell the mother to at least try to settle where he is or gtf?

Am I being to harsh here? Maybe.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
its nice to see an England team that actually seem comfortable with stroking the ball about.

Lets just hope its not trained out of them....:(

What level and who were we playing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom